• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding a Day to My 5 Day Base Ticket

tigergrad

DIS Veteran
I originally purchased 2 5 day base tickets for Undercover Tourist. We have decided to take a tour, so we need to adda a day to those tickets. I know I have to go to Guest Relations to do it, but can someone tell me how much it will cost me?

You can compute it by going to the DIsney web site under tickets and then looking at the difference in price between 4 and 5 day tickets.

I originally purchased 2 5 day base tickets for Undercover Tourist. We have decided to take a tour, so we need to adda a day to those tickets. I know I have to go to Guest Relations to do it, but can someone tell me how much it will cost me?
WHEN (what date) did you buy the UT tickets?

Where they purchased at the "old price" (before the Feb. 11, 2018 price increase?)

You can compute it by going to the DIsney web site under tickets and then looking at the difference in price between 4 and 5 day tickets.
Sometimes it is that simple.
But, within the past couple of years, under many circumstances, it can be more complex than that.

Click HERE ("Cost to Upgrade Tickets") to see the various ways that the date a ticket was minted (created) affects the upgrade cost.

Last edited:

I had bought 3rd party 5 day tickets before the price increase in 2018 and upgraded to a 6 day ticket while in the park in Nov 2018. When I tried to do it at the Yacht Club it was going to be something like $50 per ticket. She told me to go to Guest Services at the World Showcase entrance because they would be able to give me a better price. It ended up being ~$20 per ticket. I'll bet it will be around the same for you. FYI - I needed all 5 magic bands to complete the transaction. I was going to walk over there by myself but luckily we just stopped on our way out of the park and the kids were still hanging around while I was completing the transaction so I didn't have to call them back from the hotel.

The difference in price had to do with the ability to update based on the price paid vs. legacy ticket value vs. current price of ticket etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter