adding a day to my daughter's ticket

Heidi K

DIS Veteran
My in-laws reserved rooms and purchased park tickets for the whole extended family for October.

There are 5 in my family, so 4 of us are in a room at All Star Sports and my daughter is in my in-law's room at the same resort.

They purchased 6 day tickets for our family but 5 day tickets for themselves. Because she's on their reservation, their TA also purchased 5 day tickets for my daughter.

So we need to add a day to her ticket before August, so that we can make FP reservations for all 6 days for her, correct? How should we do that--through the TA? call Disney on the phone?

1. we need to add a day to her ticket before August, so that we can make FP reservations for all 6 days for her, correct?
2. How should we do that--through the TA? call Disney on the phone?

1. Yes.

2. If your in-laws bought the tickets AS PART OF the RESORT PACKAGE, then all guests in the same room must have the same kind of tickets.
So, if this is the case, unless they all buy 6-day tickets, your daughter is out-of-luck for advance FP+ on that 6th day.

HOWEVER, if your in-laws DID NOT buy the tickets AS PART OF the RESORT PACKAGE,
then you/your in-laws/the TA can call WDW and add a day to your daughter's ticket.

Piggybacking on this post...we bought a package with 6-day tickets. We have 3 1-day tickets that were comp tickets from a hurricane in 2004. Now there are 4 of us, so we will need to add a day to my youngest son's ticket. I know we can't do this until we get there (as well as add the comp tickets to our MDE account), but would it be possible to add a day to only his ticket after he uses it?

Have a great trip.

Last edited:

I know it isn't, but there won't be a time when it makes good sense to use them. This upcoming 7-night trip is the shortest we've ever done, and we are looking at at least 5 years before we come back. They have been hanging out in the drawer for 12 years already.

Have a great trip.

Last edited:
I've added days to tickets on a package for just 1 person but I've never called up and asked if I could do that ahead of time. Call them, the worst case if they tell you no. Also it's only $16 with tax to add days. is it just 3 people in that package? Is fastpass+ worth $48 and get everyone upgraded if they say you can't do just 1 person? that's cheaper than adding a single day ticket to your daughter but $32 more than waiting and getting it at the resort after you are on property.

Also as PP mentioned, there can be some advantages to holding onto the tickets if your current budget allows you to spend a little extra now.

Plus, there's the advance FP+ thing to consider.

Don't think I haven't thought about trying to sell them :teacher: (they don't have our names on them)! I tried to GIVE the stupid tickets away to a coworker last year, but they had the same issue we do; as cheap as the 4th, 5th, 6th etc days are, it isn't worth it, and nobody I know goes for a short 1 or 2 day trip. As far as FP+, this will be our extra park day, the day we arrive (driving from Ohio over 2 days), depending on what time we get there and what we feel like doing. I think we will go to HS to see the SW fireworks (assuming they show them that night, which is a different thread entirely), visit the Launch Bay, see Indy, maybe Muppet show. I didn't plan to use FP this day because our plans are so up in the air. We may arrive at 9 a.m., or we may not arrive until 3:00; it depends on how far we get the day before, which depends on if my husband truly gets off work at 7 a.m. like he should, or if they have a call close to the end of his shift (helicopter paramedic), which could delay us by several hours.

I've added days to tickets on a package for just 1 person but I've never called up and asked if I could do that ahead of time. is it just 3 people in that package? Is fastpass+ worth $48 and get everyone upgraded if they say you can't do just 1 person.

Your first line is the answer I was looking for, thanks (I don't know if you were replying to my question or the OP)! In our case, I *could* just upgrade all 4 of our tickets now for the $48, but we booked before the ticket price increase, and I am pretty sure it would end up costing more now.

1. Yes.

2. If your in-laws bought the tickets AS PART OF the RESORT PACKAGE, then all guests in the same room must have the same kind of tickets.
So, if this is the case, unless they all buy 6-day tickets, your daughter is out-of-luck for advance FP+ on that 6th day.

HOWEVER, if your in-laws DID NOT buy the tickets AS PART OF the RESORT PACKAGE,
then you/your in-laws/the TA can call WDW and add a day to your daughter's ticket.

Very helpful, thank you. I believe they did purchase a package, although I had advised them to do a room only reservation.

I was thinking that worst case scenario, I could just add a day (and pay $16 or whatever), for my daughter when we arrive. But are you saying that my options are

1. Call the TA and add a day for everyone on that room reservation (actually 3 adults plus my daughter)

Or

2. Buy her a separate 1 day ticket at the $100+ price?

I've added days to tickets on a package for just 1 person but I've never called up and asked if I could do that ahead of time. Call them, the worst case if they tell you no.

OK, so next I read your reply. So you think I can add a day to JUST her ticket, and not all four people in the room, if I do it during the vacation? That wouldn't take care of the FP issue but I'm trying to figure out my options. Sounds like that one is the cheapest. Thanks!

I *could* just upgrade all 4 of our tickets now for the $48, but we booked before the ticket price increase, and I am pretty sure it would end up costing more now.

The price may not go up, but you can always ASk before you do the transaction.

I've added days to tickets on a package for just 1 person but I've never called up and asked if I could do that ahead of time.

All tickets in an arranged WDW resort package must be identical tickets.

OK, so next I read your reply. So you think I can add a day to JUST her ticket, and not all four people in the room, if I do it during the vacation? That wouldn't take care of the FP issue but I'm trying to figure out my options. Sounds like that one is the cheapest. Thanks!

Not BEFORE arriving.
But, once you have ARRIVED, you can defiantly do so.
After arrival, all tickets can be treated separately.

Yes, from the resort you can add one day to just her.

Piggybacking on this post...we bought a package with 6-day tickets. We have 3 1-day tickets that were comp tickets from a hurricane in 2004. Now there are 4 of us, so we will need to add a day to my youngest son's ticket. I know we can't do this until we get there (as well as add the comp tickets to our MDE account), but would it be possible to add a day to only his ticket after he uses it?
If you have PayPal I would love to purchase from you. We have uneven non-expiring tickets.

Just to clarify, I had considered trying to sell the tickets awhile back. We are planning to use them next month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter