Adding a day to our tickets after we arrive

astromom

Earning My Ears
hi
There is a chance after we arrive we will be able to add an additional day at the parks. Is it easy to add a day to the multi day tickets after you visit a park the first day?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, enter the park you choose, find Guest Services and get it done. Have photo ID if you're upgrading to an AP at the very least, maybe you'll need ID for any addition, not sure.

Bill From PA

hi
There is a chance after we arrive we will be able to add an additional day at the parks. Is it easy to add a day to the multi day tickets after you visit a park the first day?

You can add days to tickets (up to a total of 10 days per ticket) at any time,
before or after using the tickets to enter one or more parks.
You can do the upgrade as late as on the same day that you use the last asset on your original ticket.

Do this at a Park's guest services booth - either outside or inside like the desk at the Space Mountain exit - and not your hotel. The hotel desks are likely to overcharge you (as I found out after)

Do this at a Park's guest services booth - either outside or inside like the desk at the Space Mountain exit - and not your hotel. The hotel desks are likely to overcharge you (as I found out after)

There is no reason to believe that any particular location that can do the upgrades will or won't be better than others.
That's because you will encounter different CMs at any location on different days and at different times of day.
Some CMs have great training and experience. Others do not.

The method of getting the correct price for the upgrade that you want is knowing ahead of time exactly how much the
transaction should cost.
Then, if you are told a different figure, nicely ask to speak to a supervisor or just nicely decline the offer and go elsewhere to do the transaction.

To find out the exact proper cost for your particular upgrade, just ask on this message board.

There is no reason to believe that any particular location that can do the upgrades will or won't be better than others.
That's because you will encounter different CMs at any location on different days and at different times of day.
Some CMs have great training and experience. Others do not.

The method of getting the correct price for the upgrade that you want is knowing ahead of time exactly how much the
transaction should cost.
Then, if you are told a different figure, nicely ask to speak to a supervisor or just nicely decline the offer and go elsewhere to do the transaction.

To find out the exact proper cost for your particular upgrade, just ask on this message board.

Robo, can a hotel CM do the upgrade now? Do it properly, I mean? That's what the poster was warning against, doing the upgrade at a hotel.

Robo, can a hotel CM do the upgrade now? Do it properly, I mean? That's what the poster was warning against, doing the upgrade at a hotel.

Resorts can do regular ticket upgrades, just not APs.
The warning was about resort CMs charging the wrong amount.
The hotel desks are likely to overcharge you (as I found out after)

(If the resorts could not do upgrades at all, the OP could not have gotten the upgrade done, wrong price or not.)

We have done the upgrade twice at our resort without a problem. Once at CSR and once at POR. both within the last year and a half. we didn't have to wait in line either.

The concierge desk at Beach Club charged us $64/each, and not the difference between a 7 and 8 day pass (about $10). I think people who do this every day are more likely to get it right.

The concierge desk at Beach Club charged us $64/each, and not the difference between a 7 and 8 day pass (about $10). I think people who do this every day are more likely to get it right.

The problem is, a CM at a ticket booth may or may not know the correct price/procedure either.
By FAR, the very WORST tales of incorrect ticket upgrades have come from those done at the parks.

My pont is, if the GUEST already knows the correct price, then the guest won't need to accept the deal if quoted the wrong price... regardless of where the upgrade is attempted.

Robo, can you tell me the pricing to go from 7 to 8 days? Thanks! I know that my DD is planning on adding a day to her park tickets and this info would be super helpful!

How much to upgrade a 4 day non-hopper to five day non hopper...one adult, one child.
TIA

The ticket prices can be found HERE.

Simply subtract the new price of the kind of ticket that you HAVE from the new price of the kind of ticket that you WANT,
then, pay that difference price (plus tax) for the upgrade.

Adult 4-day base $325
Adult 5-day base $340 ($15 difference)

Child 4-day base $305
Child 5-day base $320 ($15 difference)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter