Adding AP at check in question

Vala

DIS Veteran
Friends have offered me to go the "add AP at Check In" route for next month.

Now the problem is... what if the AP holder arrives later than the people on the reservation? Currently they are arriving a day earlier than me. I guess if necessary I can return the train ticket and come by car, but I don't think that would be a really smart move in July. ;)

Could they maybe add me if I leave them my AP?

They don't need you nor your AP to be there Vala :), they just need to give your name and date of birth when they check in. Your friends just need to tell their receptionist when they add your name at check-in that you don't need a park ticket.

Yes, just to confirm, we always add DD2 this way and she is never with us at check in. We've never even been asked for her date of birth. :)

Edit: Think the room tax is €1.1 per person per night.

Just to add my view from last week here, the fact I did not let the hotel know I had 3 people to add on at check in (AP holders) caused us no end of problems and ended up with us being short of fastpasses (DLH issued ones) as well as other issues.

To be fair, some issues were also partly down to the fact I had a separate reservation for our last night (long story). However, in my defence I had asked the call handler who booked my reservations about this and they told me they would ensure both reservations were linked together and this would inform the hotel that 4 people were checking in (my last night res was for 4 x AP rate, my first res was for one person on a package). They supposedly were never informed :mad:.

I spent almost 1.5 hours of my holiday at the DLH reception chasing paperwork and things that just never arrived. I wasn't happy.

The receptionist told me that they strongly recommend any AP holders be communicated to the hotel before their stay and I can see their point (I did feel like I was being told off but stood my ground and pointed out that I was told it would be done for me). For instance, in our room we only had 2 bath towels on the first night - 2 more were added the next day during housekeeping :confused3. At one point we only got turn down service for one bed - not sure if this was a housekeeping issue or whether they just had on their rota that one person was in the room - very odd :confused3.

I think someone on here said that there is no need to add AP holders in advance and sometimes upon check in they don't ask for the room tax at all if you do it that way. I personally wouldn't risk it again and would always advise the hotel in advance myself (certainly won't rely on the booking line to do it!). Really the room tax is so small anyway - it was 6.60 euros for 5 nights for DH.

I don't know if we would have had as many issues if we'd been staying in another hotel where fastpasses are not included but like I said, they clearly weren't expecting any additional guests and the room was set up for that. It was also much smaller than the usual DLH rooms - again, perhaps because they were only 'expecting' one person staying :confused3.

It's Newport Bay. Do they have the FPs? I never stayed there before.

As it looks I'll be coming by car anyway maybe I'd bring some towels to be sure. ;)

Vala unless your friends have booked a suite, they won't be eligible for hotel fastpasses at the NBC. But, there are rooms for 2 at the NBC, with a king size bed in instead of 2 doubles. So get your friends to call the hotel a couple of days before you arrive, to let them know there will be 3 guests staying in the room.

No NPBC don't have FPs as Elaine says. I definitely would let them know that there will be 3 of you in the room in advance or it might get a bit cosy if you end up with one bed :lmao:.

I was quite surprised at the lack of towels but as the reservations were messed up, I suppose in their defence they thought one adult was staying in the room :confused3. You could always ask for more towels but we were desperate to get to the Annual Passport bureau before it closed so needed to get out quick.

I am glad you are still able to make your trip btw :cloud9:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter