Adding day to park-hopper tickets -- existing reservations?

mcDIS88

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I'm going to Disneyland next month for Dapper Days, and originally purchased 3-day park hoppers online back in August. We recently found out we can go a day early, and would like to add an extra day to our tickets so we can enjoy the parks for longer.

My understanding is we have two options --buy new tickets and get the old ones refunded (seems like this takes awhile), or upgrade to 4-day tickets once we get to DLR.

Does anyone know if upgrading at the ticket booth would cancel our existing park reservations? We have reservations for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and we hope to add on Wednesday. My concern is that due to Dapper Days and the start of Christmas festivities in the parks, those days (especially Friday and Saturday) will be all booked up if we do have to cancel. I've tried calling Disneyland multiple times about this and can never seem to talk to an actual person, so any guidance or advice would be appreciated!

I’m not sure about the cancellation issue when you upgrade on site. However, you are correct about your two options and right to be concerned about the lack of availability of park reservations at all when you arrive. I had a similar situation. I’m here now and had to buy 1 day tix last week before I arrived because the availability was dwindling fast. Glad I didn’t wait because all the days booked up before we even left home.

ETA: I couldn’t do the purchase and refund method because I had used a gift card and it probably wouldn’t credit before I left. I didn’t want to get stuck with all that money on a gift card after our trip.

We’re here now and wanted to add an extra day (today) onto the end of our 3 day park hoppers. The ticket booth sent me away saying there were no park reservations available until October 17. Luckily I am staying at the Grand Californian, and they were able to add the extra day and make the reservation for me. So if you’re staying on site, you may have an easier time since I think they have access to an additional pool (although the guy at the ticket booth swore up and down that the hotels didn’t have anything that he didn’t have).

Honestly I don’t know why DLR makes it so hard. I was able to add an extra day to my WDW tickets on my own and just make the additional reservation.

We’re here now and wanted to add an extra day (today) onto the end of our 3 day park hoppers. The ticket booth sent me away saying there were no park reservations available until October 17. Luckily I am staying at the Grand Californian, and they were able to add the extra day and make the reservation for me. So if you’re staying on site, you may have an easier time since I think they have access to an additional pool (although the guy at the ticket booth swore up and down that the hotels didn’t have anything that he didn’t have).

Honestly I don’t know why DLR makes it so hard. I was able to add an extra day to my WDW tickets on my own and just make the additional reservation.

Okay that's good to know -- we are also staying at the Grand Californian so hopefully they can help us! It really is crazy how hard they make it to give them more money!

We’re here now and wanted to add an extra day (today) onto the end of our 3 day park hoppers. The ticket booth sent me away saying there were no park reservations available until October 17.

We had friends there last week that spent one day with us in the parks and they wanted to add a day on to their hopper to stay another day and were also told there were no park reservations available and turned away. They were not at a Disney hotel, so they were out of luck. Hopefully the GC can help you!

My family was considering going on Saturday 12/4 since our flights got changed to arrive in Anaheim hours earlier. Based on everything I'm reading about reservations getting booked up I'm almost positive we won't be able to add that day last minute. I'm good with it since we will be tired from flying all night and we ended up making reservations in DTD and Trader Sam's for that day. You may have better luck since the day you want to add is a Wednesday rather than a weekend (and it seems that weekends have been booking up faster). If you add at the ticket booth, it shouldn't cancel your other days. I think the biggest problem you'll run into is if Wednesday books up before you go. But if it's available, you shouldn't have any problems adding the day on and changing from a 3 to a 4 day ticket. Maybe have a back up plan like DTD/dining at one of the Disney hotels in case you aren't able to get in.

Hi all,

I'm going to Disneyland next month for Dapper Days, and originally purchased 3-day park hoppers online back in August. We recently found out we can go a day early, and would like to add an extra day to our tickets so we can enjoy the parks for longer.

My understanding is we have two options --buy new tickets and get the old ones refunded (seems like this takes awhile), or upgrade to 4-day tickets once we get to DLR.

Does anyone know if upgrading at the ticket booth would cancel our existing park reservations? We have reservations for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and we hope to add on Wednesday. My concern is that due to Dapper Days and the start of Christmas festivities in the parks, those days (especially Friday and Saturday) will be all booked up if we do have to cancel. I've tried calling Disneyland multiple times about this and can never seem to talk to an actual person, so any guidance or advice would be appreciated!

I had to do this a couple weeks ago for my brother who does not plan ahead haha! It was not hard at all to refund and get new tickets for him. Use the chat on the Disneyland app and it took me around 10 minutes and it was all solved and super easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter