Adding dining plan to discounted room res

SCmom3

Mouseketeer
I booked our trip months ago at rack rate. Then at 61 days out, I bought tickets through disney that are linked to my account. I got a room only discount a couple months ago as well. Originally, I did not want the meal plan. After much hemming and hawing, I decided to add the regular dining plan. I thought that it would be simple enough to just call and add it. Well the person that I spoke with has informed me that I must rebook the room to be able to make it a package. She's worried that my fp+ and dining reservations may be lost if I do that. Has anyone done this and had it work out or be a disaster? Advice?

I booked our trip months ago at rack rate. Then at 61 days out, I bought tickets through disney that are linked to my account. I got a room only discount a couple months ago as well. Originally, I did not want the meal plan. After much hemming and hawing, I decided to add the regular dining plan. I thought that it would be simple enough to just call and add it. Well the person that I spoke with has informed me that I must rebook the room to be able to make it a package. She's worried that my fp+ and dining reservations may be lost if I do that. Has anyone done this and had it work out or be a disaster? Advice?
Nothing should happen to your ADRs. Those are linked your MDE account and not dependent on a resort reservation.

You cannot add a dining plan to a room only reservation so the castmember is correct that you will have to book a package and cancel the room only reservation. The room only deposit will be refunded and a new deposit of $200 will be charged because room only reservations and packages are booked by separate offices and money from one usually cannot be transferred to the other. If you are within 45 days of arrival and the trip is this year, the entire cost of the package will be due when you book. If it is a trip next year you will pay just the $200 deposit and final payment is due 30 days before arrival. Since you already have park tickets you can book a ticketless package, but only over the phone. Hopefully you will be able to keep your room rate discount. You might have to speak with Guest Services if the castmember on the phone is unable to book with the discount.

You can absolutely add the dining plan to a room only reservation, you will not loose your room discount. I know because I did it 2 weeks ago for our trip in 3 weeks. It is true that the entire cost of this ticketless package will be due when you book though. You need to speak to an experienced cast member or someone from Guest Services. They will hold the room and "set it aside", then add the dining plan, and you will not loose your discounted room rate. They will refund the deposit you made for your room only reservation and charge you for the ticketless package (with the room at your original discounted rate). If you have any questions, just send me a PM. I have the name and extension of the experienced cast member who assisted me with this. I would be happy to pass along the info so she can help you, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter