Adding on to a stay using DVC - can I start meal plan early?

Dayzy

Mouseketeer
We are scheduled to arrive at BC on August 22nd. DH was going to take a couple of days in the middle of our stay to take DS to Universal while DD and I stayed back and had some girl time. Now a good friend has some DVC points she won't use and we thought we could use her points to go a few days early, DH could use those days at Universal and DD and I do non-park fun stuff. That being said, we have the deluxe dining plan for our trip. Could we start using it early (during the DVC portion) and that way DD and I could use up meals that we usually have leftover from an early flight home.

Thanks!

Not that I’ve ever heard. The meal plan is tied to your room reservation

You can add a dining plan to your DVC stay, but I have not heard of it being available prior to resort checkin (where the plan is purchased)

Heck you can’t even book adrs for a split stay length of stay

You can add a dining plan to your DVC stay, but I have not heard of it being available prior to resort checkin (where the plan is purchased)
You can add the dining plan to the new stay, but you usually have to have a park ticket associated to that stay for the dining planto be added. The earliest you can use your DDP points is the morning of your reservation, if you check-in online. The latest is by midnight the last day of your stay (day you check out).

W DVC you can add a dining plan without a ticket. Room only reservations can do

Usually the ticket requirement is for free dining promotion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter