Adding on to ADR's

Chrisy76334

Earning My Ears
Ok, so when we booked the trip my SIL's boyfriend decided that he couldn't swing the money to come with us. So it's just, DH, SIL, and I. All my ADR's are booked for 3. Now he's thinking that he could swing the money. Adding him to the resort reservation isn't a problem, as I had asked the CM when I was booking. But am I going to have to cancel and rebook my ADR's or can I just call and have them add an extra person to my ADR's. I don't wanna be one of those people the show up to an ADR, with a random extra person. I work in the restaurant business and I know how annoying that is.

I would look online to see if you can book for 4 people first - if not, call call Disney Dining and see if they can add one person on. If not (especially in the case of the more popular restaurants) it may be harder and even if you just want to show with a random extra person, doesn't necessarily mean they can accomodate him and they may have to turn him away.

You should try on line first and if not successful try calling. I would be certain they don't cancel your current ADR before successfully booking the new one.
If you can't change, just showing up with an extra person is risky. If they had room, you should be able to book it. You need a Plan B if you choose to try. If they turn away the extra person will he eat somewhere else alone? Will you all leave and pay the $10/person no show fee?
Good Luck

1) A problem may or may not arise.
2) MOST tables for 3 are actually 4-tops, so adding one person is not an issue.
3) But, several eateries do have 3-top tables (usually against a wall), so another person can't easily be added.
4) You need to call and check.
5) Would be embarrassing for the extra diner to be standing outside watching you eat.

All of the above but my Plan B for those you couldn't fix would be if you show up and they will not seat him, then he AND SIL can go off and find somewhere else to eat, you and DH head in. You will not have to pay a no show for her since you all are there. Or Plan C is that wherever you could not get him added, let SIL make her own reservations at same spot or somewhere else for 2 and you all show up to use original reservation. Some have even had success with two reservations but being seated together.

I was just gonna echo what has already been mentioned about things being in your favor since you are going from an odd number party to even, so a simple call might suffice. Most tables, but not all, were going to accomodate a fourth person anyway. I once went from an even to an odd (party of 4 to a 5), now THAT is the kiss of death and I mostly never got my way. lol Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter