Adding one to Disney Dining reservation?

AmazonMama

Earning My Ears
Has anyone booked a table for 4, say, and had one extra body show up, and can they accommodate you??? If they can't are you burned with the penalty fee (even though you showed up)? Also, does anyone know if I can book two reservations at the same time for breaking a group into two, if that's the only way we can get a table, ie. instead of party of 5 it's a party of 2 and a party of 3? I don't want to try and then have it tell me I already have a reservation and not let me make the second one.

Thanks. I'm usually a Disney Dork and book 60 days out but just made plans today and there's basically nothing for a party of 5 anywhere. I guess we can mobile order and not worry about it, but, I always like to have at least one reservation.

I had this problem on my trip as my niece decided to add on at the last minute. You check in around 15 minutes ahead of time on the app with the number in your party, and I just added one person to the check in and explained when I got there. They were able to accommodate me for the 2 reservations where there was a problem - it was for the Craftsman Grill and Ralph Brennan's, both for lunch. We went from 6 to 7 people, though, and in both cases it involved just sticking a chair at the end of the table. It could be different for an increase from 4 to 5 as that might need a new table top.

I tried to modify ahead of time, but it was impossible.

I have added 1 or 2 guests when I arrived for my reservation and never had a problem with them making the adjustment. Of course I expect them to have an issue with it if there a bigger addition.

I was told most places will allow up to one extra person (for us it was a party of 4 and the server mishearing me thinking I'd said we were a party of 5 when I was saying we had a reservation at 5).

I don't think the dining system will let you have two reservations at the same time.

When I checked into Ogas yesterday it specifically said I could bring one more person a than the 3 I had reserved.
Tables usually sit 2, 4 or 6 and are obviously 3 different sizes. When you say you went from 3 to 4 that's never a problem because you wouldve always sat at a "4 top" table so there's no difference. But when you go from an even number, like 4 and need to add a 5th this changes the size of the table and this is where the problem can come into play. I've tried bringing in a 5th a few times when at WDW and I had to split into 2 groups which wasn't a big deal but just know that sometimes going to an odd number is more difficult then going to an even amount.

Tables usually sit 2, 4 or 6 and are obviously 3 different sizes. When you say you went from 3 to 4 that's never a problem because you wouldve always sat at a "4 top" table so there's no difference. But when you go from an even number, like 4 and need to add a 5th this changes the size of the table and this is where the problem can come into play. I've tried bringing in a 5th a few times when at WDW and I had to split into 2 groups which wasn't a big deal but just know that sometimes going to an odd number is more difficult then going to an even amount.
That makes sense except Ogas is mostly standing at the bar.... and the curved booths seat a lot of people depending on the size of people. I shared one with a family of three adults and two toddlers and my two kids, with room to spare.

Never had an issue adding 1 at DL but that was pre Covid. I’d suggest you ring them (I know it’s a long time on hold these days) and see what they say. But cast members are always very accommodating with reasonable requests and I think adding 1 to your party falls into that category.

That makes sense except Ogas is mostly standing at the bar.... and the curved booths seat a lot of people depending on the size of people. I shared one with a family of three adults and two toddlers and my two kids, with room to spare.
true about Ogas! I guess I was commenting about all the other places!

We are just back. Every restaurant that we checked into on the app had an option on the check in screen to add 1 additional person. It knew how many were on the reservation and then it asked me to input how many were actually coming, stating that I could add 1 person no problem. I was tempted to lower the number one time (we were a party of 4 for Oga’s but the kids wanted to ride MFSR instead). Instead, we all checked in, and then they kids left to go ride (this was an 8:30pm Oga’s reservation with 9pm park close, so the Bartenders were probably happy to have less people handing around and making their shift longer).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter