Adding the "adult" strap back to a "child size" MagicBand 2

BJoy82

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever had any success reattaching the removable portion of a Magic Band 2 strap? If so, what adhesive did you use? Any pointers much appreciated. (Gotta love getting unrequested "help", LOL.)

I’ve been in that situation when my daughter thought her wrist was smaller than it actually was and took off the excess strap before putting it on. Because they are molded together and you are essentially tearing them apart I couldn’t think of a good way to reattach the pieces. One way to fix it is to use an old Magic band and swap the puck from the new Magic band into the old Magic band. Or you can get one of the slap bracelet style Magic bands that can easily change the pucks. One other way is if you have access to a 3D printer there is a free file on thingiverse that lets you 3d print a holder that could go on a watch band or whatever else you wanted to attach it to.

Reminder that rather than removing the outer part, you can take a pair of scissors and cut it down to size. Works if your wrist is larger than a child's but smaller than a typical adult's. (Obviously too late for OP.)

I can't imagine any method that would attach those two pieces back together once they are separated.
You could try, very carefully try, super glue around the strap of the outer piece and lay the inner one in and hope that you don't #1, stick your fingers to it and #2 that it sticks together again.

There's just not much surface area left to work with once you remove the throw away part. That edge part is quite thin. Not much to attach to.

Has anyone ever had any success reattaching the removable portion of a Magic Band 2 strap? If so, what adhesive did you use? Any pointers much appreciated. (Gotta love getting unrequested "help", LOL.)
Take it to one of the on-site stores that carries the same band and see if they’ll let you exchange it. I bet they will.

One way to fix it is to use an old Magic band and swap the puck from the new Magic band into the old Magic band.
I just wanted to thank you for pointing this out. My oldest DS has grown since we were last at WDW and his old kid sized band doesn't fit. But if he gets to pick out a new magic band then his little brother will want a new band...I'll just swap out one of my DH's bands to use with DS's puck.

The easiest solution is probably to buy a used band from someone on ebay, and swap the puck from your band into that one (because the puck on a used band would be useless to you).

Disney is actually sticklers about magic bands, it's printed all over the packaging NO RETURNS NO EXCHANGES. But I wish you luck anyway.

I was able to return an unlinked, unopened Magicband+ this last trip in August, they almost said no - the CM called a supervisor over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter