Adding tickets from Undercover Tourist to room only res?

You can add non-Disney purchased tickets to My Disney Experience.
If it is cheaper than a package, then I don't see a disadvantage.

That's what I did on my last trip.

I agree with the post above, and I did do the same thing because it saved me some money. But at the time, I was not aware Disney offered occasional Free Dining packages. I found out about the Disney dining plans after the fact. So Im hoping for a room-only discount but now with everything going on I kinda doubt it. Anyway the point Im trying to make is, if you want a chance at a free dining plan promo, you have to purchase everything through Disney at full price. Full price room, full price tickets, and sometimes even park hopper passes as well. Just fyi. Im not sure what would have been a better discount bc i am doing the dining plan, but i do know i dont have the option now for it either way. Fingers crossed for room-only discount!

Last edited:
Yes, you can and other than the free dining above if that's your thing, there is no disadvantage. I do it every trip. I get a discount room at the lowest price I can find, sometimes that is through the actual hotel, sometimes through Orbitz and then stacking their bucks on top. Then I get tickets at either Parksavers or UT, whichever is less. I don't do free dining because the dining plan is just not how we eat and it really ends up costing us more since you have to pay rack rate for the room and full price for the tickets.

Yes of course you can book a room only and then purchase 3rd party tickets and link them to MDE.
The disadvantage in my opinion is that if you cancel your trip you are stuck with the tickets and all you can do is apply the value to new tickets if those expire before you go.
Personally when I stay onsite I always book a package.

Will UT refund your money if the park is closed when you want to go? I'm curious with this whole Covid thing going on how refunds would be handled by an outside company

Will UT refund your money if the park is closed when you want to go? I'm curious with this whole Covid thing going on how refunds would be handled by an outside company
They will refund 95%. Currently Disney is officially not refunding at all. No matter who you purchase tickets from, if Disney extends the validity dates of your tickets due to closure, it will apply to your tickets. Once a UT ticket is purchased it's just a ticket.

Edited to add that UT refunds hard tickets. Officially they do not refund e-tickets although some here have reported success with that.

Last edited:
Yes the regular policy is UT will issue refunds for tickets that are mailed to you, if you select email tickets those are nonrefundable. I think they might be making exceptions to that right now but I'm not totally positive.

Yes of course you can book a room only and then purchase 3rd party tickets and link them to MDE.
The disadvantage in my opinion is that if you cancel your trip you are stuck with the tickets and all you can do is apply the value to new tickets if those expire before you go.

I thought about doing piecemeal, but then I thought of the reason above. If you cancel a package before a certain date you can get your money back.

Deposit for a package is $200 and is refundable until 30 days before arrival. Room reservations require a deposit of one night’s stay (also refundable) and tickets must be paid in full when purchased (non-refundable). I’d suggest figuring out how much you’ll save and determining if it’s worth it to you. Don’t forget to add in tax on both the resort and tickets (package pricing includes tax).

Agreed. I bought from them in the past. They are great (EXTREMELY RELIABLE), but the discount is not worth it when Disney will cancel a package with no penalties. All my future trips will now be packages.

Agreed. I bought from them in the past. They are great (EXTREMELY RELIABLE), but the discount is not worth it when Disney will cancel a package with no penalties. All my future trips will now be packages.

This is the reason I'm going with packages.

Undercover Tourist refunds 95% on paper tickets if purchased within the last 90 days, and unless there’s a price increase there’s no reason to purchase earlier than that. Their typical discount is about 7-8%. 60% of your vacations would need to be canceled for you to come out ahead buying as a package. Buying the hotel as room only also allows you to cancel within 30 days.

Do what makes you feel comfortable for sure, but I just wanted to lay out the math.

Undercover Tourist refunds 95% on paper tickets if purchased within the last 90 days, and unless there’s a price increase there’s no reason to purchase earlier than that. Their typical discount is about 7-8%. 60% of your vacations would need to be canceled for you to come out ahead buying as a package. Buying the hotel as room only also allows you to cancel within 30 days.

Do what makes you feel comfortable for sure, but I just wanted to lay out the math.

What does it save you if you want to buy a 2 day park hopper to no more than a 4 day park hopper?

What does it save you if you want to buy a 2 day park hopper to no more than a 4 day park hopper?
Depends on the day your trip starts, but FYI 2 day tickets are virtually always cheaper to buy from Disney than a 3rd party.

On the website, it’s straight up tells you exactly what the savings are.

Depends on the day your trip starts, but FYI 2 day tickets are virtually always cheaper to buy from Disney than a 3rd party.

On the website, it’s straight up tells you exactly what the savings are.

Ok then it would not be saving me 7%-8%. I feel more comfortable with a package myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter