• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding tickets to existing basic package

ouwxgirl

Earning My Ears
Has anyone successfully added tickets online to an existing 2021 basic package this morning? I booked a "basic" package for June 2021 last month a few days before they shut all the reservations down so I have my room already. However, when I try to add tickets to it via MDE, the "select tickets" option never takes me to a page that actually lets me add tickets. Is calling them going to be my only option, and can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help!

I was in the same boat. We were supposed to go this July...decided to cancel and rebook a package for Feb 2021. When I booked that Feb package, she wasn't able to add tickets. It wouldn't let me add the tickets online today (taken to the same page as you) and I was getting nowhere with trying to call. I'd seen a few people have success booking new packages for 2021 online. After hearing that people getting through on the phones were being given 2.5-4.5 hour wait/hold times, I decided to just try booking a new package with tickets. Some people are still having trouble getting the online system to do this, but I was able to book a whole new package...same dates...same resort/room type...and add tickets. Right after the booking went through, I made my park reservations. Once I saw all of that confirmed, I canceled my previously package that didn't have the tickets and figure I'll see my $200 refund in about a week.

I was in the same boat. We were supposed to go this July...decided to cancel and rebook a package for Feb 2021. When I booked that Feb package, she wasn't able to add tickets. It wouldn't let me add the tickets online today (taken to the same page as you) and I was getting nowhere with trying to call. I'd seen a few people have success booking new packages for 2021 online. After hearing that people getting through on the phones were being given 2.5-4.5 hour wait/hold times, I decided to just try booking a new package with tickets. Some people are still having trouble getting the online system to do this, but I was able to book a whole new package...same dates...same resort/room type...and add tickets. Right after the booking went through, I made my park reservations. Once I saw all of that confirmed, I canceled my previously package that didn't have the tickets and figure I'll see my $200 refund in about a week.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry you had the same issues! I'd considered doing the same as you suggest. I've tried even trying to get a connection via phone with no success.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry you had the same issues! I'd considered doing the same as you suggest. I've tried even trying to get a connection via phone with no success.

Oh yea...I counted 170 call attempt records on my phone before I gave up. The only time I got through was before the system went live and I got the message saying to call back at 8am ET if I wanted to book. It gave me flashbacks of trying to get a BOG ADR back when it opened in 2012 and everything was being done by phone. Good luck!

Has anyone successfully added tickets online to an existing 2021 basic package this morning? I booked a "basic" package for June 2021 last month a few days before they shut all the reservations down so I have my room already. However, when I try to add tickets to it via MDE, the "select tickets" option never takes me to a page that actually lets me add tickets. Is calling them going to be my only option, and can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help!
I think you will have to book a new package and then cancel your original reservation.
I had to do that this morning. I originally booked May 2021 room only right before they shut down new reservations.
I booked two Pop room packages this morning and reserved park days (although im hoping that won't be necessary next year) and now am waiting to get back into the system to cancel my original two room only reservations.

We booked a basic package in March 2020, and I was considering canceling & rebooking online, but noticed an increase in price when I went to do it (not a lot, but..). I decided to try chatting with someone first before I rebook to see if I can just add tickets to our basic package online or if it requires a phone call. I'd like to avoid any price increase!

In theory you can and you have to call. I didn't even try to call through yesterday. I just cancelled and rebooked. Not because I couldn't call. I just didn't want to be on hold that long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter