Additional membership showing up on DVC website

wdwcindy

"Where are you going on vacation?...Oh, nevermind.
I noticed within the last year or so that the booking page on my DVC account shows a home resort of OKW along with a home resort of BCV. I only have one contract at BCV with a September UY. I have never even looked into an add on contract. It lets me look at availability at OKW through July 31, 2023. Has anyone else had this happen? Should I contact member services for a correction?

I noticed within the last year or so that the booking page on my DVC account shows a home resort of OKW along with a home resort of BCV. I only have one contract at BCV with a September UY. I have never even looked into an add on contract. It lets me look at availability at OKW through July 31, 2023. Has anyone else had this happen? Should I contact member services for a correction?
Did you transfer points in from an OKW member? That's one possible reason.

Or did DVC extend your points due to COVID restrictions on travel? DVC was using developer points to compensate members whose points were about to expire but could not travel. Those developer points could come from any of the DVC resorts.

Have you bought any one time use points (OTUP)? I have 3 extra home resorts showing up due to buying OTUP.

The most common reason for an unowned resort to show up in a member's account is that the member made a reservation and purchased One Time Use Points (OTUPs) as part of making the reservation. The resort from which DVC gets the OTUPs will, as a result, show up as owned resort in your account, despite the lack of any actual ownership. If that is not what has happened with you, then you should probably contact MS.

Also note, that any member can check a DVC resort's availability at 11-months out regardless of whether the member owns the resort.

Thank you all. I did purchase OTUPs last year.

Have you discovered a cure for Addonitis?

Please share as we and our wallets thank you in advance. :)
Pay your dues annually in a lump sum. When temptation hits, remember that big bill that comes due right after the Holidays. :teeth:

Full disclosure: Above worked for me from 1999 to March, 2022, but caught the VGF2 variant last March. :scared1:

It’s definitely the OTUP. I had Aluani showing up on mine. As soon as I used those it disappeared

I bought one time use points to book a res for a friend at AKV, but Polynesian is showing up as a home resort. Very curious…

I bought one time use points to book a res for a friend at AKV, but Polynesian is showing up as a home resort. Very curious…
That’s because those OTU points came from DVC’s Poly points. DVC transferred them to you. The contract will stay on your dashboard until the end of the UY you’re in now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter