Additional military discount dates for MVMCP

WDW Enabler

Founding Father of the HARDHAT BRIGADE
I just got the following forwarded to me on my base email. This is great information (and rates) for those it applies to.

Michael

Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 11:04 AM

While we will not be offering discounts for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party through military bases nor Shades of Green, a military discount will be available on select nights at all Disney Vacation Planning (Front Gate Ticket Windows) and Guest Relations locations.

Discounted dates are: November 10, 12, 13, 15, 17 & 19, 2009 from 7:00pm-12:00am
Just in - Additional Nights being added:
11/20, 11/29, 12/1, 12/3, 12/4, 12/6, 12/8, 12/10, 12/11, 12/13, 12/15, 12/17

Military discounted ticket prices are: $36.40 plus tax (ages 10+) and $32.20 plus tax (ages 3-9)
Regular prices are: $59.00 plus tax (ages 10+) and $53.00 plus tax (ages 3-9)

Military ID requirements will be the same as during our "Salute".

While not for sale at bases via your operation(s), thought you may still want to pass this info on to bases. Let me know if any questions. RG

Randy Gerber
Sales Director, Military Sales
Disney Destinations, LLC

Cool! Thanks for posting this.

Quick question... do we need park admission that day as well or just the ticket to the party? Trying to figure out which day to go.

Thanks!!

You do not need to use a day from your regular admission ticket if you attend MVMCP. It is a separate admission. We usually just hang out at the pool on the day of the party and then go to the party that night.

Cool! Thanks for posting this.

Quick question... do we need park admission that day as well or just the ticket to the party? Trying to figure out which day to go.

Thanks!!

It is a seperate ticketed event. You do not need a normal ticket for that night. The lparty is from 8pm to 1am. With that being said you can get in a bit earlier than 8 with the party ticket. This is an annual trip for our family. just glad to hear the tickets are less expensive this year.

Michael

Thanks! We're looking at taking DS one night. We have a day with little else going on that would be perfect. :)

This is perfect! I really wanted to go but DH couldn't see paying the $$$ but now I think he'll be ok with it! Yay Disney:banana:

The pricing and date information are correct. However, the Pary hours are 7:00 to Midnight. Also, the Party tickets will allow you into MK as early as 4:00pm.

The pricing and date information are correct. However, the Pary hours are 7:00 to Midnight. Also, the Party tickets will allow you into MK as early as 4:00pm.

Thank you for the updated information. We have annual passes so we go in when ever we feel like it.

Michael

My father got the Salute tickets for our family when we were in WDW in April (retired). However, just my Mom is going back with me to take my girls in December. Does anyone know if she can purchase the discounted MVMCP tickets with her military id (spouse) or does my Dad have to be present?

My father got the Salute tickets for our family when we were in WDW in April (retired). However, just my Mom is going back with me to take my girls in December. Does anyone know if she can purchase the discounted MVMCP tickets with her military id (spouse) or does my Dad have to be present?
As long as she has a DD Form 1173 listing her as "Spouse" there is no problem.

It is just that she probably could not get additional Five Day Companion Tickets as the total number of Companion Tickets that can be issued to one service member is five.

Thanks to the OP.
:santa:
I emailed guest services because I had already purchased my MVMCP tickets. They will honor the discount I just need to go to guest services with the military id and my credit card and they will refund me the difference.

It is great to hear that Disney will still do right by its guests.

Michael

Thanks to the OP.
I emailed guest services because I had already purchased my MVMCP tickets. They will honor the discount I just need to go to guest services with the military id and my credit card and they will refund me the difference.

Thanks to the OP.

I called them and they said the same thing last week... Well I was told they should be able to... Doing this by email maybe a better idea! :) Thanks for the tip

Thanks to the OP.

I bought 7 adult tickets and 5 kids BIG $$$$ but the kids asked daddy if there would be snow for Christmas since it is Disney and they have seen magic there. So I was willing to fork over the money but when I read they are doing a military discount and my husdand and brothers are all AD I was worried since I already bought all those tickets. Thanks so much for giving me one less thing to fret over:flower3:

You have to buy them in person at guest services. They need to see the military ID. Same rules as the Armed Forces Salute.

Oh awesome, we can get a refund! I was so mad that they'd done a discount for our day and I'd already bought the tickets! This is great :D

If you can only buy them in person, what happens if they are sold out by the time we get there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter