Addonitis - When did you first add-on

How long after first purchase until you added on?

• Less Than 1 Year

• Less Than 2 Years

• Less Than 3 Years

• Less Than 4 Years

• Less Than 5 Years

• Less Than 6 Years

• Less Than 7 Years

• Less Than 8 Years

• Less Than 9 Years

• Less Than 10 Years

• Over 10 Years

• I have never added on :(

Results are only viewable after voting.
We just closed on our SSR resale last Friday, found out this morning we were added to the system yesterday and added on 100 pts at AKV today! :cool1:

I waited almost a year. I decided I needed more points before I even took my first trip "home". :thumbsup2

1st contract 7/9/02
2nd contract 7/11/02
3rd contract 10/21/02 during our first DVC stay

It was about5 months after but the reason we did it then was because we got a notice that points were about to go up and we knew we wanted more so it was a good reason/excuse to do it then.

But I would buy CRV TODAY if they released it!!! We are leaving for Disney this afternoon as soon as I can bail out of work.

Purchased my first Add On in 2002, 2 years after my inital buy-in. My latest add-on was just a few weeks ago, so 5 years later...

Our first purchase was in summer of '04. We added on barely a year later when I convinced DH we would need more points for our January reservation. Our second add-on was only 7 months later. Marie

My orig purchase @ SSR was 12/04 of 150 points...thought it would be enough..yeah right:rotfl2:
Added on in 5/5 w/50 more points...That way, I can do every other in a 1 bedroom.

First bought 160 at SSR in September 2004. In May 2006 my mom decided she wanted points, but didn't want her own contract so paid to add 25 to ours. Last month we bought 105 more at AKV. It may be an illness, but it's one I enjoy.

Bought 200 points SSR on March 4,2007. Called guide to add 100 BWV one week later. We're going home to SSR end of May, and plan to add on again, but don't know if it will be SSR or AKV. Depends on how much DD, DGD and DGS like AKV. We have addonitis really bad!

We just bought in Dec & I've already got the fever...but if I act on it any time soon I'll be DDW (divorced DW)!! I've started my "2012 cruise fund" but in reality it may turn out to be my Add-on fund!! We'll see what it amounts to by 2012, then decide! :rotfl:

1st contract 7/9/02
2nd contract 7/11/02
3rd contract 10/21/02 during our first DVC stay

Wow! there must be something wrong with me! My first contract 1/17/07 and still no add-on :mad: Of course I have mounds of paper that have all these different scenarios of future visits to see how many points may be needed. :rolleyes1

According to these numbers were pretty strong in resisting addonitis (took us about 3 years) but I think now that we have given in, it's all down hill from here.

We added on a little over 3 years after we bought at OKW. We wanted to be at BWV so we could walk to Epcot on New Year's Eve. We just added on a second time at AKV and we'll add on again when/if CRV comes through. We will be selling our original contract, so we'll be down to just add-ons.

We also got addon-itis shortly after purchasing, but we waited until the end of that first year to actually add-on. Then we were disease free for 10 years!! Just succumbed again when AKV came into the picture!

I added on fairly soon after my now ex-wife insisted on taking half of our points in the divorce!!
J

So far we haven't added on and we have had our membership about a year and a half now. Right now there aren't any plans (or funds) to add-on.

Hubby would rather remodel the basement. Silly man ;)

We bought 225 SSR points in Aug 03 before they opened, made first add-on of 100 SSR points Jan 04, SSR did not open until May 04. Just did a 100 point AKV add-on last month. Since we made it from Jan 04 to Jan 07 without adding on I think we have only a mild case of addonitis, some of you guys have it real bad!:cool2:

We added on after our first trip "home", and my DS's school changed their school calender! We don't like taking the kids out of school very much, and decided that we would travel to Disney for a longer trip in June, and a shorter trip in October. We didn't have enough points to travel for that length of time during the peak months.

Working on the DH to add-on at VWL's - I think once he sees it in June he'll be convinced :)

1st purchase SSR, 240 pts
Visited VB, added on 50 pts resale.
Couldn't get reservation we wanted at 7 month window, talked DH into BCV add-on, 150 points resale.

I'm praying they DON'T announce DVC at DL any time soon b/c I'd just be DYING to add on again and I think DH would have a heart attack. I can just see it now...

"What? Don't you already have 440 points?"
"Yeah, but I NEED more!"
"Sustenance, shelter, love...those are needs. Everything else is a want."
"Doesn't DVC count as shelter?"
:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter