Adjusting External Doors @ OKW?

Nanajo1

DIS Veteran
I'm leaving for OKW and I think I remember someone posting that they were able to get the viila door adjusted so it was easier to open. I have had trouble with the doors at OKW and would appreciate any info on if it was done and how.
TIA

Nanajo, I'm going to assume here that OKW also has those annoying doors that close on their own. Darned things f you want to get in or out while using a wheelchair, ecv. etc. Anyway, I had them dealt with during my last trip. What I did?

Call maintanence, tell them what the problem is and that you want them to 'disable' the closing mechanism during your stay. It's very easy to do that for them. It took them about 5 minutes to do it.

One warning though; let them put a sticker on it stating that it's to stay that way untill 'fill in your date of departure'. They are a bit overactive in getting things fixed, it seems. The first night they helped me, but on the second day when I came back to the room at 11 am, they had allready put it back on thinking it was 'malfunctioning'. So I called maintanence again, they disabled the thing again before 1 pm and put a sticker on it stating not to change it untill my last day. That did the trick, never a problem again.

Cool! I didn't even think about doing this when I was there in September. I just struggled with the door like a fool :rolleyes:. Ah well, I know for next time (there is always a next time, even if the dates aren't booked, or even set :rotfl:), ty!

Good he! It made my entering and leaving the room so much easier it was a total different ballgame. To be honest, I don't understand why they still got these things standardly fitted in rooms with roll in showers. I mean, come on. Most of the time those are used (and ment for) guests in wheelchairs. It's not like it's the easiest job to get through a door that closes out of it's own with the chair beneath our bumms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter