Adjusting reservation after contract closes to use banked points

WhenIsOurNextTrip

Earning My Ears
Here’s the situation:

Home resort: VGF
Use year: sept

I made a reservation this morning at VGF for December 4-6, 2020 using 2020UY points(11 month window)

I currently have a add on resale contract pending ROFR with the same home resort and use year. This add on contract has 43 points from 2019UY banked to 2020.

After this add on contract closes and the points show in my account (hopefully by March and still within my 11 month booking window for VGF) i would like to update my Dec 4-6 reservation so that it uses those 2019 banked points first and returns the 2020UY points to my account that I can bank to 2021.

Would anyone offer any thought on whether the online booking system will adjust to use those older banked points first when I “update” the reservation. I won’t change anything about the reservation, I will just go through the update process so that the system hopefully sees those older points.

If nobody knows, I’ll be sure to post what happens in March when I try it.

It should allow you do it on the online booking through the modification (don’t modify just set everything the same and it reselects points) as you expect. This is because you are using the same resort and same use year so shouldn’t be an issue. Just when you modify instead of selecting the one contract select both.

It should allow you do it on the online booking through the modification (don’t modify just set everything the same and it reselects points) as you expect. This is because you are using the same resort and same use year so shouldn’t be an issue. Just when you modify instead of selecting the one contract select both.

That is exactly what I was thinking, since home resort and uy are the same. Just wanted the make sure I’m not missing something. Thanks.

I just did this same thing to use some points from a cancelled reservation. Go to your dashboard, select the reservation, select modify and then select the same reservation and hit book. It rearranged the points used for the same reservation. Very easy without a call to member services

I had something similar - bought a resale same resort and UY. Once the new contract showed up, MS adjusted my reservation to use the banked points from the new contract. Easy-peasy.

I didn't try online modification because I had to call about something else anyway.

If the new resale contract isn’t the same resort (but is the same UY as existing contract) does anyone know if we can use the points from the new contract? The original reservation was made at the 7 month mark. (Used BWV points for BCV, but closing on SSR contract shortly.)

Thanks in advance :)

If the new resale contract isn’t the same resort (but is the same UY as existing contract) does anyone know if we can use the points from the new contract? The original reservation was made at the 7 month mark. (Used BWV points for BCV, but closing on SSR contract shortly.)

Thanks in advance :)
Yes, as long as the reservation was made at 7 months and both are the same UY.

Thank you! It was made at 7 months and UY is the same :)

Once that Contract and the points hit your account, you will be able to do it easily by just modifying your reservation and following it though and make sure both contracts are checked.

Once you hit the rebook button, it will pull the banked points for you! Sometimes it seems like it won’t, but just complete it and you should be set!

Once that Contract and the points hit your account, you will be able to do it easily by just modifying your reservation and following it though and make sure both contracts are checked.

Once you hit the rebook button, it will pull the banked points for you! Sometimes it seems like it won’t, but just complete it and you should be set!
Thanks!!

Just wanted to report back and confirm that yes, the banked points from the new contract (not all of them - but thats because the original contract had banked points too) were pulled into the reservation! So it is using up the banked points from original contract, plus as many banked points from the second contract as possible. It didn't show it as such when the steps were being followed, but once I hit confirm this did show up.

Thanks again :)

On the dvc portal, there is a chat option with MS. I just sent them an IM to swap my points with my new contract from the original booking from another contract. They were able to do it pretty quick.

I actually just used the chat feature for the first time (as a new dvc member) and it was much easier to use than over the phone (logging in member number, reservation number, phone number,....etc). I guess logging in already prefilled that info for the online MS on the other side of chatting.

On the dvc portal, there is a chat option with MS. I just sent them an IM to swap my points with my new contract from the original booking from another contract. They were able to do it pretty quick.

I actually just used the chat feature for the first time (as a new dvc member) and it was much easier to use than over the phone (logging in member number, reservation number, phone number,....etc). I guess logging in already prefilled that info for the online MS on the other side of chatting.

Great experience! Just so you know, there are some things that the chat CMs can not do, but I always start that way if I need something!

Just wanted to report back and confirm that yes, the banked points from the new contract (not all of them - but thats because the original contract had banked points too) were pulled into the reservation! So it is using up the banked points from original contract, plus as many banked points from the second contract as possible. It didn't show it as such when the steps were being followed, but once I hit confirm this did show up.

Thanks again :)

I had the same experience with the system not showing that it would pull banked points until the modification was complete. Glad you were able to get it straightened out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter