• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Admin Please Close Thread.

Update time!

The 13th was our 10th wedding anniversary and we were able to plan those comped massages for that day. The hotel has made things whole overall after the issues, the massages were great. She definitely found some knots. Was a lighter (meaning not deep tissue) but was very good. I'm so ticklish I was worried about the feet part but did fine luckily 🙂

We lounged around after that before going to dinner. We chose an offsite restaurant (we're staying at an all-inclusive). The place asked if we were celebrating anything special because they saw the cards we brought on the table, we said it was our 10 year and they mentioned maybe having a surprise. After we got done with dinner we were going to order dessert but the waiter came out with a sparkler, champagne and a dessert for us. The couple behind us got one not too long after as they were celebrating their 2 year anniversary. We thought that was such a nice thing to bring to us.

20230413_183511.jpg
received_879874599772244.jpeg
received_251112997376295.jpeg

The 14th we did Chichen Itza tour with Xcaret which came with transportation, breakfast on the bus, Chichen Itza guided tour for about an hour then free time for an hour, Tsukan cenote for a little more than an hour and a buffet at a restaurant in a town on the way back. It was apparently the longest tour they have in Cancun with the distance it takes to get there (close to 3 hours just to Chichen Itza). We had a great tour guide. We now have our inside joke. On the bus they know people will sleep so our main guide would pop onto the microphone "beuno beuno, hola hola, groupo groupo, wakey wakey" when he was needing our attention. At Chichen Itza they split it up by English and Spanish speakers.

received_967395857618982.jpeg

received_979190649909149.jpeg

received_6518039194897466.jpeg

20230414_115227.jpg

20230414_115308.jpg

20230414_115501.jpg

Here's some cenote photos
20230416_164459.jpg

20230416_164606.jpg

20230416_164721.jpg

The tour was definitely worth the money . I'm really glad we did it.

The 14th we did Chichen Itza tour with Xcaret which came with transportation, breakfast on the bus, Chichen Itza guided tour for about an hour then free time for an hour, Tsukan cenote for a little more than an hour and a buffet at a restaurant in a town on the way back. It was apparently the longest tour they have in Cancun with the distance it takes to get there (close to 3 hours just to Chichen Itza). We had a great tour guide. We now have our inside joke. On the bus they know people will sleep so our main guide would pop onto the microphone "beuno beuno, hola hola, groupo groupo, wakey wakey" when he was needing our attention. At Chichen Itza they split it up by English and Spanish speakers.

View attachment 753810

View attachment 753811

View attachment 753812

View attachment 753813

View attachment 753814

View attachment 753815

Here's some cenote photos
View attachment 753819

View attachment 753820

View attachment 753821

The tour was definitely worth the money . I'm really glad we did it.
Lovely photos! SO jealous though. I love Mesoamerican history and visiting Chichen Itza + other Aztec and Mayan ruins is on my bucket list!

Lovely photos! SO jealous though. I love Mesoamerican history and visiting Chichen Itza + other Aztec and Mayan ruins is on my bucket list!

Tour and dinner both look wonderful! Happy anniversary @Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

@Mackenzie Click-Mickelson happy anniversary what a wonderful way to celebrate!! Chichen Itza is on my ancient aliens travel list. Three hours is a long bus ride for an excursion, that’s my commute time to Disney if there’s no traffic. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your trip!
Thank you all!! It's been quite the trip really.

I'd love to go to more archeological and history stuff if I could I just love history.

We had a really good Mayan exhibit we went to at our Union Station a few months back that had some artifacts and replicas. It was a great warm up for this trip!

I'll post more updates tomorrow :-)

Thank you all!! It's been quite the trip really.

I'd love to go to more archeological and history stuff if I could I just love history.

We had a really good Mayan exhibit we went to at our Union Station a few months back that had some artifacts and replicas. It was a great warm up for this trip!

I'll post more updates tomorrow :-)
I love the archeological stuff too. Luckily for me I'm going on a cruise (western Caribbean) for the first time as an adult this December and for one of the excursions, my family and I are going to Tulum. That's one of the sites I wanted to see so I'm looking forward to it!

I'm still wrapping my brain around scooter dodgeball. I mean, really. SCOOTER dodgeball.

:rotfl2:
I just watched Dodgeball the movie with my daughter the other day. It would have been funny to see all those actors scooting around playing it. We share a love of stupid funny movies, so I’m showing her some of the older ones she was too young to watch before. Dumb and Dumber is our favorite in that genre. What’s everyone else’s favorite silly comedy?

Again since this is an anything thread........Trip in two weeks, DH using ECV. Don't want the shade that goes with it. Anyone use an umbrella holder to attach to scooter? I'm thinking mini umbrella, not golf umbrella. I see a bunch on amazon, but not many ratings.

Again since this is an anything thread........Trip in two weeks, DH using ECV. Don't want the shade that goes with it. Anyone use an umbrella holder to attach to scooter? I'm thinking mini umbrella, not golf umbrella. I see a bunch on amazon, but not many ratings.
I have no advice on an umbrella holder, but it would probably be useful for shade or rain, especially at Epcot, there’s so little shade. Have a great trip!

What was everyone’s favorite board game growing up? I used to love the game of Life, sometimes I’d have so many kids they wouldn’t fit in my car.

What was everyone’s favorite board game growing up? I used to love the game of Life, sometimes I’d have so many kids they wouldn’t fit in my car.
Oh I also loved Life, that was one of my favorites.

Just watched Clue last night again too, which answers both the board game and silly comedy questions! Somehow my mom had never seen it. I wasn't sure if the campy humor would be her cup of tea but she laughed out loud at quite a few parts ... I guess it's hard to go wrong with Madeline Kahn and Tim Curry and Christopher Lloyd and Lesley Ann Warren etc.

Oh I also loved Life, that was one of my favorites.

Just watched Clue last night again too, which answers both the board game and silly comedy questions! Somehow my mom had never seen it. I wasn't sure if the campy humor would be her cup of tea but she laughed out loud at quite a few parts ... I guess it's hard to go wrong with Madeline Kahn and Tim Curry and Christopher Lloyd and Lesley Ann Warren etc.
Clue is a stage show too now, it’s in my Broadway subscription series for next year. It will be interesting to see how it plays out on stage. We just watched the movie for the first time during Covid lockdown it was very fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter