Admin Please Close Thread.

We went to wales on a British isles cruise in 2019 it was so beautiful there. We went for an excursion to Conwy castle. We enjoyed it so much and had great ice cream in the village. We also drove by the the place with the longest word, which I wouldn’t even know how to start pronouncing it.
My mom was Welsh and could pronounce is so easily....if I tried I'd be spitting over everyone :rotfl2:

speaking of food......

My house smells so good right now. I am currently taking a breather as the Mexican stew I have been slaving over is now simmering for the next hour before I throw in the last few ingredients. It's one of those recipes that has a lot of ingredients and takes a bit of time but the payoff is SO WORTH IT!!!!

So .....what's for dinner tonight at your house???

Last edited:

speaking of food......

My house smells so good right now. I am currently taking a breather as the Mexican stew I have ben slaving over is now simmering for the next hour before I throw in the last few ingredients. It's one of those recipes that has a lot of ingredients and takes a bit of time but the payoff is SO WORTH IT!!!!

I’m making Beef LoMein (GF version) and a mushroom version for my pescatarian daughter. It’s one of my favorites.

speaking of food......

My house smells so good right now. I am currently taking a breather as the Mexican stew I have ben slaving over is now simmering for the next hour before I throw in the last few ingredients. It's one of those recipes that has a lot of ingredients and takes a bit of time but the payoff is SO WORTH IT!!!!

That sounds delish!
I am thinking about making Soondubu🤔 It's a Korean soft tofu stew/soup.

speaking of food......

Apricot-Sumac Chicken with roasted veggies, lemony bulgar and almonds.

It's from Hello Fresh and my DD is cooking it as I post.

I'm just lounging around waiting to be waited on.

Later I get to clean up and run the dishwasher. Best deal.

speaking of food......

Recipe please? :love:

speaking of food......

I would like to be having dinner at your house. You probably don't want to know what was for dinner at our house. DH is out of town on business this week which means I'm not cooking (for the most part) all week. It's only 18yo DD and me at home so I will be picking up dinner or going out for dinner for the next few nights. The problem is DD doesn't really *like* to go out to eat and is only slightly more interested in getting take-out. She and I were out this afternoon doing some stuff and I asked her where she wanted to go for dinner. We don't have a lot of choices in the town we live in but since we were in a nearby town with *lots* of restaurant options, I thought this would be a good night to eat out rather than get take-out. So she picks....are you ready for this???? TACO BELL!!! Really?????? There are literally dozens of restaurants in the town -- everything from pretty much every fast food restaurant known to man up to elegant high-end restaurants. There are 2 Mexican restaurants in the town that are each waaaayyyyy better than TB, but she could not be convinced to go to either of them. She said she needed to get home and work on an assignment for school (which she still hasn't started and we've been home for over an hour). <sigh> So we had crappy Taco Bell for dinner.

I would like to be having dinner at your house. You probably don't want to know what was for dinner at our house. DH is out of town on business this week which means I'm not cooking (for the most part) all week. It's only 18yo DD and me at home so I will be picking up dinner or going out for dinner for the next few nights. The problem is DD doesn't really *like* to go out to eat and is only slightly more interested in getting take-out. She and I were out this afternoon doing some stuff and I asked her where she wanted to go for dinner. We don't have a lot of choices in the town we live in but since we were in a nearby town with *lots* of restaurant options, I thought this would be a good night to eat out rather than get take-out. So she picks....are you ready for this???? TACO BELL!!! Really?????? There are literally dozens of restaurants in the town -- everything from pretty much every fast food restaurant known to man up to elegant high-end restaurants. There are 2 Mexican restaurants in the town that are each waaaayyyyy better than TB, but she could not be convinced to go to either of them. She said she needed to get home and work on an assignment for school (which she still hasn't started and we've been home for over an hour). <sigh> So we had crappy Taco Bell for dinner.

That is so funny and typical of teenagers. Someday she will look back and admit she should have chosen something more.....crafted. :cutie:

That is so funny and typical of teenagers. Someday she will look back and admit she should have chosen something more.....crafted. :cutie:

The crazy thing is that any one of her 4 older siblings (who are all adults and living on their own now) -- given the freedom to choose where we were going to dinner -- would *never* pick a restaurant that included a drive-thru window. Of course, when they were still living at home I couldn't really afford to be going out to eat all the time. :) I'm not sure what I did wrong with this kid. :D I foresee me picking up dinner at Dairy Queen, Burger King, and the local pizza place in the next week.

speaking of food......

Mexican food appears to be the theme. I told my husband we were having tacos, but on chips.

He said, "You mean nachos?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter