Admit it, you've been that rude guest!

Magpie

DIS Veteran
All of us have been the 'rude guest' at one time or another, when visiting Disney World. Maybe it was accidental. Maybe we were overtired and not at our best.

My example: Coronado Springs, midday, just watched a full bus zoom by and my husband is getting progressively crankier as we've already been waiting 25 minutes for a darn bus. We were not the first folks at our stop. There were a couple families ahead of us.

When the next bus showed up, now 45 min into our wait, the bus driver was foolish enough to stop and tell us he's too full. Whereupon, I popped up and said, "But there's only two of us, and we've got fast passes to Soaring that will be expiring soon!"

The folks in the bus, on hearing that, made room for us. So much room, in fact, that a young couple who'd just arrived at our stop were able to squeeze in behind us. And as we pulled away, I saw the faces of the two families who'd been waiting longer than us, and realized, oops, I'm that rude person they vent about on the Disboards!

What's your story? When were you 'that person'?

LOL! No, I can honestly say I am not that guest, but I would have made room for you too!!! I bet everyone on that bus understood FP for Soarin are like gold!

I have inadvertently fallen over people, stepped on people and basically was an annoyance. I really do not set out to be THAT person, but I have been told I mortify my DD and DSIL, and amuse the dickens out of my DGD! Oh dear! I am That Person!!!

I made some heated "This is absolutely ridiculous!" and "You can't be serious! Again? Really?" comments last November when we spent 30-60 minutes on 6/9 mornings in guest relations because my grandmother's AP kept unlinking from her MB. She and my aunt have the same name but spelled differently, and they kept linking her AP to my aunt's MB, and then not understanding why it was wrong. Every day we were told it was fixed, then we'd go to use a FP+ and it wouldn't allow my grandmother in, so back to guest relations we went. Every afternoon we were told it was fixed, then the next morning she'd get a blue Mickey head and told she had no ticket. It was beyond irritating. On the 6th morning a wonderful CM was able to finally take gram's AP off of my aunt's account, transfer it to its rightful owner, and we haven't had an issue since.

LOL! No, I can honestly say I am not that guest, but I would have made room for you too!!! I bet everyone on that bus understood FP for Soarin are like gold!

I have inadvertently fallen over people, stepped on people and basically was an annoyance. I really do not set out to be THAT person, but I have been told I mortify my DD and DSIL, and amuse the dickens out of my DGD! Oh dear! I am That Person!!!

Lol, I'm grateful to my husband, because he regularly steers me out of the way of people I am obliviously blocking, impeding, about to crash into, etc.

Lol, I'm grateful to my husband, because he regularly steers me out of the way of people I am obliviously blocking, impeding, about to crash into, etc.

By the time we get back home, the stories of my little faux paux have been embellished. The worst is that I not only tripped on a stroller, but that I fell into it, and just avoided smooshing a baby. They are still cackling about my rest in Kady's stroller during a parade, and how so many of the CM's in the parade stopped to wave to me and to say Hi. (Okay, they did, but that was not my fault!)

I took a pretty big fit at the front desk of the CBR on my honeymoon when I was told I couldn't request a water view, found out the guy in front of me had done just that, and got to my room to find a lovely view of the parking lot.
Wasn't the poor CMs fault, but he had to deal with me anyway. He handled it very well though. We were switched to a beautiful room, I slept off the fatigue and nerves and felt pretty guilty the next morning.

Only time I remember really being rude was in AK on our first trip that couldn't figure out how to work our dining credits because we were on the delux plan and she kept saying I had no quick service credits so I couldn't get what I wanted. I had called and they confirmed I had credits but she kept insisting that I didn't. It was the kiosk for the picnic in the park they used to do so she didn't want to call over a manager until I did get a bit rude then she FINALLY did and it turns out the manager fixed in about 2 seconds.

Now to other guests I have been rude, to the person that slammed a scooter into me while I was standing still (and had been for 5 min so I hadn't just suddenly stopped) in front of a display at GF (so not blocking any path), to the person that decided to stop and talk to her friend just in front of the door out of the bathroom (I said excuse me once and when she didn't move just pushed past her).

I can understand sometimes being a bit absent minded and not realizing your doing something (the mom that stopped to give her kid something in the doorway of starbucks, she moved and apologized immediately when I said excuse me so I stayed nice to her) but when you just don't care at all... yeah I get rude.

Well, I will admit to getting a little cranky on our last trip. In my defense, it was Aug, crowded, and hotter than the surface of the sun.

Anyway, it became a running joke in my family how my magic band NEVER worked at the gate. We would walk up to the entrance of the park, any park, didn't matter if it was epcot or AK, and everyone in my family would scan their band waltz in then BAM, I would hold up my band and the thing turned red, I would try again and red. The worker would hold up their hand to stop me from entering, a manager was ALWAYS called over. I would be questioned about what my name was, what resort I was staying at, what was the last park I visited etc. All while the manager checked things off of her clip board. Meanwhile hoards of people would be going past us. Well after about the 10th time of being pulled aside and questioned by a manager with a clip board, I will admit I got very snippy. I kind of answered her rudely and rolled my eyes repeatedly while tapping my foot and checking the time on my phone, complaining about constantly getting pulled aside etc. Kind of like bratty teenage rebellion! She was very nice and got me on my way quicker than the other managers and I think that was the last time I was stopped at the gate! I normally don't get like that, but it was getting to be ridiculous.

I can't think of a story for me, but probably. I'm usually a go with the flow, won't let things bother me type, but sometimes...

After receiving enough rudeness, the switch in my brain flips from "its ok" to "f$@& it" and then I might be guilty of passing on said rudeness.

Rudeness is contagious.

I've never intentionally been rude, but others may have felt differently. On my last trip, I was waiting to board Big Thunder solo. When I got on, a mother and young daughter tried to get on with me and I told the mom that they're supposed to wait for the next one. If it had just been one person, I wouldn't have said anything, but I don't think Big Thunder is really meant to hold three people (at least not when all three of you aren't one family). I hope she wasn't offended, but you never know.

Also a few years ago, while looking for a spot to view Wishes, I may have unintentionally blocked the view of some people who were sitting down on Main Street since I was standing in front of them. But I figured everyone could see since the fireworks are all the way up in the sky. I could've been wrong though.

I don't remember being the rude person,but since I am far from perfect I may have forgotten.

I do remember standing next to the railing for illuminations and hearing some parents saying the kids could not see 3 rows back and the 2nd row of allegedly adult people who were Whispering to stand tight as they apparently didn't want the kids to move in front of them.

I signaled the parents and got the 4 kids to the railing ( after a little postering). I am pretty sure those folks in the 2nd row thought I was rude, lol

AKK

I got a little snippy with some cast members when i was trying to deal with my best friend being poorly. I tried to tell the nearest CM who happened to be selling popcorn, i stood off to the side and gave plenty of eyecontact in a 'i need your assistance' kind of way but he wasnt getting it and there was no one else arouns. In the end i stepped in front of the guests in line and told him that he needed to call a custodian immediatly. I then walked over to hall of presidents where there were a bunch of CMs standing around whilst my bff went to find a bathroom, with the intention of finding out where first aid was located. They thought i was saying i felt a bit queasy and to be fair, it was raining so i think they must have thought i was just looking for an excuse to sit inside out of the rain.

It was an awful experience and i admit i was snippier than i normally am in the parks but no one was really listening and i was concerned that guests would stand/walk in vomit.

First aid on the other hand, are amazing.

I was once a bit snippy with people waiting to get on the monorail. The door was open and they weren't getting on and we (and other people) were waiting behind them. They were just standing there. So I gave a "c'mon people let's load!" kinda of remark and moved around them. Eventually they got on. I think what happened was the kid was nervous about getting on the train. I felt a little bad about that. But if that's happening, I think you should move to the side and not hold up everyone behind you. The doors are closing!

We put the little girls on our shoulders to see Celebrate the Magic. Apparently, this is rudeness on the same level as selfie sticks and pushing Grandma off her ECV. Yes, I did get there early and yes I thought we were in a spot where no one could push in front. I was wrong about the second part. Yes, I could have held little dd on my hip, but I'm 5'2" and I couldn't see either.

And worse still? I'd do it again.

I've refused to let children in front of me during a parade before, I'll admit it. You snooze, you lose. I put in the time to stake out my spot, I'm not letting your precious snowflake in front of me just because you arrived at the last minute.

I did that once at the MVMCP parade...... let someone's snowflake in front of me next to my daughter. Never again. She was sitting and he practically trampled her, was out in the street, jumped between me and every float I was trying to photograph. I won't do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter