ADR’s Looking for Thoughts on our Picks

KjDreessen

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

We decided to take the plunge on a 4 night trip in July. We have made the following ADRs and just wondering what the DISboards thoughts are. FWIW, it’ll be DW (who has never been to WDW), DD (will be 2), and myself. We are staying at AKL

Arrival Night: Arriving at 6 to MCO - probably a CS at Resort.
Day 1: Tucker House at 10:35am
Coral Reef at 7:10pm
Day 2: The Wave (Contemporary) at 7:45am
Boma at 7:00pm
Day 3: No Breakfast ADR
Chef Mickeys at 7:15pm
Day 4: Last day leaving at 4:00pm (not sure what to do/if anything)

We are planning on returning to room in early afternoon for nap, and will have park hopper tickets.

Thank you for your suggestions.

My only thought is that Chef Mickeys and Tusker House have basically the same characters, so maybe swap one of those out for a meal with different characters (of the 2 I would keep CM). Without knowing your park plans for that day, some good options might be 1900 PF, Crystal Palace, Akershus, or CRT.

Hi All,

We decided to take the plunge on a 4 night trip in July. We have made the following ADRs and just wondering what the DISboards thoughts are. FWIW, it’ll be DW (who has never been to WDW), DD (will be 2), and myself. We are staying at AKL

Arrival Night: Arriving at 6 to MCO - probably a CS at Resort.
Day 1: Tucker House at 10:35am
Coral Reef at 7:10pm
Day 2: The Wave (Contemporary) at 7:45am
Boma at 7:00pm
Day 3: No Breakfast ADR
Chef Mickeys at 7:15pm
Day 4: Last day leaving at 4:00pm (not sure what to do/if anything)

We are planning on returning to room in early afternoon for nap, and will have park hopper tickets.

Thank you for your suggestions.

We ate at the Coral Reef last month and liked it!

My only thought is that Chef Mickeys and Tusker House have basically the same characters, so maybe swap one of those out for a meal with different characters (of the 2 I would keep CM). Without knowing your park plans for that day, some good options might be 1900 PF, Crystal Palace, Akershus, or CRT.

Hadn’t thought about 1900 PF but that might be good. Just wasn’t sure if DD would want to see Mickey and the gang again, or the princess at 1900. But that’s a good thought.

Tusker House - We enjoy this place.
Coral Reef - For us it seems to be hit and miss with this place. We have eaten there 4 times. Twice it was really good and the other two times, it was not so good. The Bailey's & Jack Daniels Chocolate Mousse is very good.

I can't really address your other choices since I have not eaten at them, but The Wave for breakfast(buffet) and Boma are both really good

Thanks! We thought they would be pretty good from all the positive comments they get here.

Tusker House - We enjoy this place.
Coral Reef - For us it seems to be hit and miss with this place. We have eaten there 4 times. Twice it was really good and the other two times, it was not so good. The Bailey's & Jack Daniels Chocolate Mousse is very good.

Thanks for the words. Any recommendations on a seafood place?

Thanks for the words. Any recommendations on a seafood place?
I haven't eaten there but I hear The Flying Fish is really good. Coral Reef has a real nice atmosphere but you just never know if it's going to be really good or not so good. We are actually going to give it another try on our next visit.

Last edited:
How late does your 2 yr old normally eat dinner? An ADR after 7pm seems a little late based on the schedule my kids kept at that age. The tricky thing is that you may have to wait to be seated and then need to wait for your food to be prepared if you are not dining at a buffet.

I think not over doing it is a good idea especially with a 2 yo. Having time to go back to the room was crucial when our kids were that age.
While not a big fan of Coral Reef (the food is average at best), but the view of the aquarium makes up for it once. Your daughter will love it.
Your last day, consider Sanaa at Kidani since you are staying at AKL. If you like Indian food, it is supposed to be very good(we'll find out next month) and you can see the savanna from the dining area. Again your daughter should love that.

Loved Boma and The Wave! For seafood we love Cape May at the Beach club! Nice buffet- all you can eat crab legs! It is a short walk from the IG entrance at EPCOT to the Beach Club.

How late does your 2 yr old normally eat dinner? An ADR after 7pm seems a little late based on the schedule my kids kept at that age. The tricky thing is that you may have to wait to be seated and then need to wait for your food to be prepared if you are not dining at a buffet.

Hello unrequited...it honestly depends. First off, we will be an hour ahead of our normal time (central st). She also takes a pretty decent nap most afternoons. But thank you, I may try to move them up a bit.

I think not over doing it is a good idea especially with a 2 yo. Having time to go back to the room was crucial when our kids were that age.
While not a big fan of Coral Reef (the food is average at best), but the view of the aquarium makes up for it once. Your daughter will love it.
Your last day, consider Sanaa at Kidani since you are staying at AKL. If you like Indian food, it is supposed to be very good(we'll find out next month) and you can see the savanna from the dining area. Again your daughter should love that.

I would totally agree not to over do it. We are planning on an afternoon break each day. We are thinking about breakfast at Sanaa as I was reading it’s a pretty decent quick service for breakfast especially with its proximity to our room.

Also very similar thought on a coral reef. More of the environment vs the quality of food. We plan on requesting a table by the aquarium when we get there.

Pattyw - crab legs aren’t really a big fav in our family. I know that’s weird but just not. In reading that it was a Clam Bake Buffet I was not sure that we’d be big fans of it. Is there more traditional seafood options than what I’m lead to believe?

Thank you all, this has been very helpful!

No experience with Wave and Chef Mickey's, but we love Tusker House and Boma for food and atmosphere. Love the characters in safari costume at Tusker House.

While the Contemporary puts you close to MK, I would probably replace the 7:45 Wave breakfast with a pre-park opening ADR actually inside MK (or whatever park you're touring that day) to better take advantage of the shortest attraction wait times right at rope drop time.

I second a princessy meal. When our DD was two she was terrified by Mickey but loved the princesses.

I second a princessy meal. When our DD was two she was terrified by Mickey but loved the princesses.

That is a really good point.

Our 1 1/2 year old liked the princesses but would cry when any "non-face" character approached. (Our 3 and 4 year olds loved all the characters.) Balancing one Mickey meal with a princess character meal hedges your bets and lets you meet more characters without the lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter