ADR - Adding a person last minute?

xipetotec

DIS Veteran
Probably asked before, but if I'm a group, and a person joins us last minute... do you think the person at the podium would have an issue?

Especially with a big group. If I show up with an ADR for 12, and tell the host/hostess that we're actually, 13. Will they tend to accommodate? Or tell us to take a hike? :D

I guess it depends on the restaurant and how busy they are. Also depends on if your party of 12 is all seated together (at a long table) or separated into two groups but seated near each other. It's easier to go from a party of 3 to 4 (a 3 would use a 4 top anyway), for example, than a 4 to 5 (where they would need a different table than the reservation called for - a 6 top).

The CM at the podium can’t magically make extra space appear if they’re booked up at that time because you didn’t plan your ADRs right. Book the max you might need and drop it on arrival. Will they try to work with you? Maybe. Or maybe they won’t have the availability to. Why risk getting hit with a $10pp cancellation fee if they can’t accommodate the extra person and the group decides to bail on the ADR?

The CM at the podium can’t magically make extra space appear if they’re booked up at that time because you didn’t plan your ADRs right. Book the max you might need and drop it on arrival. Will they try to work with you? Maybe. Or maybe they won’t have the availability to. Why risk getting hit with a $10pp cancellation fee if they can’t accommodate the extra person and the group decides to bail on the ADR?

It's got more to do with ADRs being already made an we just found out an extra person is coming. Anyway, I'll see what I can do.

It's got more to do with ADRs being already made an we just found out an extra person is coming. Anyway, I'll see what I can do.
are you ready to wait 45 or more minutes past your time even if they can seat you at a larger table? the ones with correct ressie count will be seated before you. that is assuming they have space in fire code to seat one more. saw this happen when family did not count a toddler who was eating free and this was a large group about 14. they had been waiting about 40 minutes past their time and they were not happy our large was seated ahead of them when we had counted our infant in our count. ended up seated near us so we could hear them complain as to why we were seated first when they had been waiting longer

are you ready to wait 45 or more minutes past your time even if they can seat you at a larger table? the ones with correct ressie count will be seated before you. that is assuming they have space in fire code to seat one more. saw this happen when family did not count a toddler who was eating free and this was a large group about 14. they had been waiting about 40 minutes past their time and they were not happy our large was seated ahead of them when we had counted our infant in our count. ended up seated near us so we could hear them complain as to why we were seated first when they had been waiting longer
More than likely yes. Having made plans for our large family groups in the past ( but not having to have added a person last minute ), we've often had to wait a good while anyway. The only times we were seated "immediately" was when we had signed contracts for group dining with Landry restaurants ( Yak and Yeti / T-Rex ) since that's how they handle big groups.

More than likely yes. Having made plans for our large family groups in the past ( but not having to have added a person last minute ), we've often had to wait a good while anyway. The only times we were seated "immediately" was when we had signed contracts for group dining with Landry restaurants ( Yak and Yeti / T-Rex ) since that's how they handle big groups.
yes but we only waited about 10 minutes where the family that was trying to add one waited over 45 minutes. yes we were a large group also of 14. and this was a Disney not Landry. Ps that trip longest we waited was 25 minutes past RainForest Cafe which is a Landry with a group of 14 ressie

We ate at a TS last night and there was a person in front of us checking in who was trying to increase the party number by one. It was a whole ordeal and the restaurant couldn't accommodate them at that time, but they had availability 2 hours later if the party was willing to split in half. The woman was pretty flustered. And they were a large party, too. The fact that the restaurant was even willing to help them out and risk not being able to fill those seats with another party at the last minute seemed incredibly gracious to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter