ADR advice/DDP advice wanted (especially from a vegetarian perspective!)

janiebubble

DIS Veteran
First things first. I’m not a vegetarian, but my partner is. We have free dining in July. We’ve only done the dining plan once before and it was 7 years ago now (we did QSDP in 2016 too). It’s just the 2 of us .. 40 something adults.

We’ve currently got the following booked (7 night stay) trying to mix in some new places and keep

‘Ohana dinner (this is a revisit. Ate here in 2013 and both loved it. I know reviews are mixed but we’re pretty sure we want to go back)

Garden Grill dinner. Again revisit from 2016 when we paid OOP

Storybook dining - it’s new and interesting looking but reviews now seem less stellar?

Boma dinner. I’ve heard it’s good for vegetarians?

California Grill dinner. We’ve never done a signature. Bit worried it’s too fancy for me. ( I don’t eat fish or lamb) and I’m not clear how it works for vegetarians?

Ale and Compass lunch, partner picked it due to veggie options

Any better suggestions? I’m not a foodie, trying to push the comfort zone a bit and not just keep going back to the same places, we’ve loved Tokyo Dining, Sanaa, Biergarten, Skippers Canteen, Kona Cafe. Indifferent about Plaza Inn, House of Blues, Splitsville, Tony’s Town Square. Worst meal Chef Mickeys!

Thank you!

Outside the park the new Wolfgan Puck restaurant. Also Capa at the Four Seasons, I’m not sure if they take Dining plan but you can check if they do.

My parents are vegetarian/pescatarian and really enjoyed cotricos and Flying Fish. I had two terrible experiences at California Grill dinner and will never return, but their brunch their is amazing and my parents went with us once and really enjoyed that and found a lot to eat that wasn’t meat. I’ve heard it’s a good use of dining credits.

Character dining is probably a good use of credits and food options. I would look over menus on Disney’s site to see if any of the vegetarian options appeal

My mom and I went to Ale and Compass in February, in large part because of their vegetarian options. The Parker House rolls and spreads were great (I didn't try the bacon one, of course, but the other two were quite good). My veggie burger was disappointing (the vegetarian "patty melt" I had had at The Fountain the previous day was miles better). My mom had the vegetarian protein bowl and seemed to like that better than I liked my burger, although she didn't love it. I was honestly disappointed with Ale and Compass, for what it's worth--it wasn't bad but it wasn't great, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter