• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR difficulty rankings

JonT36

Earning My Ears
How would you say these are from most difficult on down… with the most difficult on top

Storybook dining
Space 220
Beaches n cream
Topolinos breakfast
Ohanhoop dee do
Sci-fi dine in
Whispering canyon
Crystal palace
Hollywood and vine
Tusker house

How would you say these are from most difficult on down… with the most difficult on top

Storybook dining
Space 220
Beaches n cream
Topolinos breakfast
Ohanhoop dee do
Sci-fi dine in
Whispering canyon
Crystal palace
Hollywood and vine
Tusker house
For me it’s been Topolinos Breakfast. Very frustrating

Tusker House Breakfast has been my Bug-a-Boo. I have a feeling a week before our trip things will start opening up again.

Topolinos breakfast is HARD! We have a 8 day trip coming up and there was nothing available. Still checking everyday.

I could get Tusker house lunch pretty easily but not breakfast at all, not sure which you were looking for but that will affect the order. Also I could get Space220 dinner but not the lounge which I wanted. Crystal Palace, Hollywood and Vine and Whispering Canyon I'd leave at the bottom in the booking order.

Space 220
Topolinos breakfast
Tusker house
Ohanhoop dee do (not sure if this is 'Ohana, Hoop dee do or both?)
Storybook dining
Beaches n cream
Sci-fi dine in
Crystal palace
Hollywood and vine
Whispering canyon

Sci-Fi seems much easier to book since Space220 opened. (At least I think that’s the reason). Beaches and Cream surprised me last week when I was booking 60+days out, there were many openings to choose as well.

I could get Tusker house lunch pretty easily but not breakfast at all, not sure which you were looking for but that will affect the order. Also I could get Space220 dinner but not the lounge which I wanted. Crystal Palace, Hollywood and Vine and Whispering Canyon I'd leave at the bottom in the booking order.

Space 220
Topolinos breakfast
Tusker house
Ohanhoop dee do (not sure if this is 'Ohana, Hoop dee do or both?)
Storybook dining
Beaches n cream
Sci-fi dine in
Crystal palace
Hollywood and vine
Whispering canyon
Oops it was both Ohana and hoop dee do

I'm a bit late to this post. My wife and I are taking our three boys to WDW in August for seven nights at PVB and AKV-K for two. We are finally getting around to discussing ADRs. I have been researching menus and coming up with estimated costs for different restaurants based on fictitious orders we will choose at each place. At this point, we know we want 'Ohana for breakfast and hopefully Hoop-Dee-Doo for one of the earlier dinners (we would choose section B or C). Beyond that, it's a smattering of varying degrees of agreement of which ADRs we should do (albeit, we are first year DVC owners, so we can afford to miss something this trip). Here's my personal order of ADRs based on number of days in the parks (MK-3, E-2, DHS-1, AK-1), ages of our boys (8, 5, and 3) and menu. We ate at Liberty Tree and Be Our Guest in April 2022. The one caveat is my wife wants to do Crystal Palace because she fears our boys will outgrow Winnie the Pooh. But our boys have never really been into those characters, so I need to find out more about why she feels this way. But here is my ADR truth for this trip.

1. 'Ohana
2. Hoop-Dee-Doo
3. Sanaa
4. Jungle Cruise Navigation Co.
5. Tusker House
6. Rose & Crown
7. Liberty Tree Tavern
8. Crystal Palace

Let me know if you have any other suggestions, if I need a reality check about availability, etc.

Thank you as always!

I am not sure of the value in trying to rank availability. Many older threads discuss where openings for previously "sold-out" choices become available closer to the date you plan to dine as others are cancelling their reservations to avoid that no-show fee.

Topolinos breakfast is HARD! We have a 8 day trip coming up and there was nothing available. Still checking everyday.
Have you tried any of the reservation finder tools out there. There are three that offer at least 1-3 free searches with alerts. We snagged Topolinos and space 220 with it. But I also agree, often space frees up a day or two before as people cancel.

I just did my ADR’s and I could not get space 220 or space 220 lounge right at 6 for day 3 or 4 when it would work for our schedule. Next I tried Topolinos breakfast for day 3 and couldn’t get it but got it for another day. Then I tried for sci if and could only get 8:40 pm. Usually I don’t have this much trouble!

Hollywood and Vine, Beaches and Cream, and Storybook are our favorites, and they aren't hard. Just got on a tracker app, and they will pop up.

OP, since Space 220 is on your list, I'd try that one first. Last year and this year I struck out completely for the lounge. I think that's three trips I've been unable to get it now. Also, couldn't get the lunch or dinner - I didn't want to book it, but did check.

The other ones I'd go for first are Topolinos, Beaches and Cream, Storybook Dining, and Sci-Fi in whatever order is most important to you.

This morning I had a 3-day window I could book for a 2-night stay. You have a longer stay so probably will have better luck. Here was my experience this morning.

Space 220 Lounge/Restaurant -nada for 60+1
Beaches and Cream seemed really limited, I saw one 10:20 p.m. for 60, but didn't check other dates. I usually have a hard time getting this one.
Topolino's - oddly no problem booking, plenty of choices as long as 4 or fewer people for 60+2 - this is not normal in my experience, lol. Even while on the trip, this one doesn't usually open up for us.
Story Book Dining - still available an hour after I did my ADRs for 60 - also not normal in my experience, lol.
Sci-Fi - 60+1 could only get for 2 people (yet the new Toy Story restaurant had plenty of availability. So odd!)

Hoop de doo should be fairly easy to get at this point. We were considering going there instead of a park day and had plenty of availability for 60.

I'm a bit late to this post. My wife and I are taking our three boys to WDW in August for seven nights at PVB and AKV-K for two. We are finally getting around to discussing ADRs. I have been researching menus and coming up with estimated costs for different restaurants based on fictitious orders we will choose at each place. At this point, we know we want 'Ohana for breakfast and hopefully Hoop-Dee-Doo for one of the earlier dinners (we would choose section B or C). Beyond that, it's a smattering of varying degrees of agreement of which ADRs we should do (albeit, we are first year DVC owners, so we can afford to miss something this trip). Here's my personal order of ADRs based on number of days in the parks (MK-3, E-2, DHS-1, AK-1), ages of our boys (8, 5, and 3) and menu. We ate at Liberty Tree and Be Our Guest in April 2022. The one caveat is my wife wants to do Crystal Palace because she fears our boys will outgrow Winnie the Pooh. But our boys have never really been into those characters, so I need to find out more about why she feels this way. But here is my ADR truth for this trip.

1. 'Ohana
2. Hoop-Dee-Doo
3. Sanaa
4. Jungle Cruise Navigation Co.
5. Tusker House
6. Rose & Crown
7. Liberty Tree Tavern
8. Crystal Palace

Let me know if you have any other suggestions, if I need a reality check about availability, etc.

Thank you as always!
Just remember that with a split stay you will be booking ADRs for 2 different trips. The AKV part will be the most difficult because it is short. Might want to try the easier to get options for this part.

Just remember that with a split stay you will be booking ADRs for 2 different trips. The AKV part will be the most difficult because it is short. Might want to try the easier to get options for this part.
That's probably one of my biggest worries with 'Ohana. Had we stayed at the Poly for the entire trip, I think our chances would be decent for getting a breakfast reservation, but with the split stay, I'm not so sure. But I will be sure to focus on the easier reservations for the latter part of the trip.

That's probably one of my biggest worries with 'Ohana. Had we stayed at the Poly for the entire trip, I think our chances would be decent for getting a breakfast reservation, but with the split stay, I'm not so sure. But I will be sure to focus on the easier reservations for the latter part of the trip.

I was able to get ‘Ohana dinner at +5 (albeit at 9 pm) and ‘Ohana breakfast at +6 when our adrs opened last week.

HDDR was my real bugaboo. There was one extra “dark” day the week we wanted and no Cat 1s left on any of our prospective dates.

None of your other adrs are difficult to book except Crystal Palace if you want breakfast. If so, I would prioritize it higher.

Good luck

OP, since Space 220 is on your list, I'd try that one first. Last year and this year I struck out completely for the lounge. I think that's three trips I've been unable to get it now. Also, couldn't get the lunch or dinner - I didn't want to book it, but did check.

The other ones I'd go for first are Topolinos, Beaches and Cream, Storybook Dining, and Sci-Fi in whatever order is most important to you.

This morning I had a 3-day window I could book for a 2-night stay. You have a longer stay so probably will have better luck. Here was my experience this morning.

Space 220 Lounge/Restaurant -nada for 60+1
Beaches and Cream seemed really limited, I saw one 10:20 p.m. for 60, but didn't check other dates. I usually have a hard time getting this one.
Topolino's - oddly no problem booking, plenty of choices as long as 4 or fewer people for 60+2 - this is not normal in my experience, lol. Even while on the trip, this one doesn't usually open up for us.
Story Book Dining - still available an hour after I did my ADRs for 60 - also not normal in my experience, lol.
Sci-Fi - 60+1 could only get for 2 people (yet the new Toy Story restaurant had plenty of availability. So odd!)

Hoop de doo should be fairly easy to get at this point. We were considering going there instead of a park day and had plenty of availability for 60.
Edited to add. I just realized this was posted in September. I thought it was newer when I posted that earlier :)

But we did our ADRs today.

The resort character breakfasts were elusive, even with 60+9 to work with. That was a first.

With a party of 8, I had no trouble booking Cinderella's Table, Oga's, Round Up Rodeo, Crystal Palace, Homecommin', and Steakhouse71 (Ok, oddly I had to book 7 for that last one, but hoping we can +1 when we get there). Lots of character meals times at the parks were in abundance for larger parties.

I forgot to check for Space 220 Lounge until later on - originally I was betting it would be hard to get with a bigger party, so I didn't have it really on my list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter