ADR for day of arrival?

SummerIrmoma2_3

DIS Veteran
Do you book them?

On our first trip to Disney I had booked a late dinner ADR at the resort we were staying at for the day we arrived and thanks to the lovely TX weather we were delayed at the airport for 5 hours and did not make it to the resort until about midnight. I think that kind of jaded me and I have not booked an ADR for the day of arrival since. . . until now. We are going May 29th - June 4th and I booked CR for 8pm and we are staying at BC, but I am really thinking I should just cancel it and double up on ADRs one of the days that we have an early breakfast (on DDP or I wouldn't worry about it). Since my mom is going with us and flies in from Cali and meets us here and we all fly out together we tend to not get to Orlando until about 4 or 5pm, and that is with her catching a 6 or 7 am flight in Cali so we can't really move that up much more and we always leave very early on departure day for the same reason of my mom having an additional flight so we can't just book a breakfast on that day either.

If you were me would you just cancel CR and a) book a late dinner at Captain's Grill and hope we can make it (at least it is in the resort and we wouldn't have to worry about traipsing through the park) b) book a later dinner ADR on a day we have a 8 am breakfast ADR? c) other (open to suggestions) :rolleyes1

TIA

Given what you've said, I'd change to Captian's Grill and hope for the best, or cancel altogether and book another day.

I have a far less complicated travel situation than you - usually get direct flights - and I rarely plan an ADR for arrival day. i've also experienced a number of flight delays when I travel.

I perosnally only plan ADR's for arrival day if my group specifically wants one that day and we arrive fairly early. If it's just my household, we will usually burn the extra credit doing a fine dining. Two TS - esp buffets - is too much food for me. Some of the fine dining isn't necessarily worth twice the price, IMO, but the Flying Fish is really good.

I will sometimes do a farewell breakfast onthe last morning. You may be able to get a very early Cape May ADR. Sometimes we (extended family) are rushed on last day, so that may not work either

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter