• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR Game -- What would you eat?

Vernie822

DIS Veteran
So I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this or not - please excuse me if it isn't!

I have found myself missing WDW lately. As I'm sure we all do.

So last night, I thought I would see what ADR's were open for tonight (10/7). I was like.. Ooh, wonder where I could eat? Now let's see, what would I get?! I thought it would be fun for all of us to pick a restaurant (maybe see what's available each day? Or throw a random one in there that wouldn't be available for obvious reasons such as it's < 24 hours in advance)!

We'll find an ADR for this evening, and everyone has to choose their meal! There are no restrictions. Money is no object for us tonight :thumbsup2 I will try to choose one appetizers, one entree, one drink and one dessert.

If you'd like to play along, tonight we are "dining" at Yachtsman Steakhouse @ 7:50 PM.

Here is what I would get:
Appetizer: Lobster bisque, $12
Drink: Probably a Diet Coke, or a glass of white wine.
Entree/Sides: I would want to try something new, but last time I was there I had a seriously amazing meal. I would again get the 12 oz NY strip, with the Point Reyes Blue Cheese Butter (that is on the 16 oz boneless rib eye). Last time I had the white cheddar twice baked potato. This time, maybe I'll try the sauteed mushroom caps.
Dessert: Pumpkin Cheesecake - Cranberry Compote and Gingersnap Ice Cream - $11.00 :worship: (I have never had it.. sounds so good!)

Yachtsman's menu is here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.id=13

What will you have at the Yachtsman tonight!?

I'll play!

Appetizer:Artisanal Cheese, $14
Drink:Red Wine
Entree:Yachtsman Filet Mignon w/canbernet wine sauce. I would substitute the mashed potatoes with the white cheddar twice baked potato, $48
Dessert:Pumpkin Cheesecake, $11

I'll try too

Shrimp Cocktail $19
Boneless Rib Eye $43, cooked medium rare
Pumpkin Cheesecake $11
and a coke zero to drink

Now I seriously hope the menu doesn't change before our real life ADR in January!

ooh this is fun!

I'll have:
Drink: Glass of white wine
Starters:Assortment of Artisanal Cheeses $15
Salad: Caesar Salad $12
Entrees: Columbia River Salmon $40
Side dish: Creamed Spinach $8
Dessert: Chocolate-Peanut Cake $11

Appetizer: Caesar Salad - Made with crisp Romaine lettuce, aged parmesan cheese, coppa secca, and focaccia croutons - $12.00

Drink: Probably a Diet Coke since I'm breastfeeding. (booo)

Entree/Sides: Yachtsman Filet Mignon - 8-oz Filet served with mashed potatoes and a Cabernet wine sauce. - $48.00
Truffle mac and cheese - Orecchiette Pasta and Reypenaer - $12.00

Dessert: Pumpkin Cheesecake - Cranberry Compote and Gingersnap Ice Cream - $11.00

Ugh, now I'm starving.

Fun thread!

I'll have...
app: Heirloom Tomatoes
entree: Filet
beverage/dessert: a couple glasses of red wine (I prefer to drink my dessert!)

Appetizer: Peekytoe Crab-stuffed Donuts $17

Entrée: 18 ounce Kansas City Strip $55 with the following substitutions:
White Cheddar Twice-baked Potato for the Truffle fries and Point Reyes Blue Cheese Butter for the Chimichurri

Dessert: Fig Cheesecake $11

Beverages: Vodka & Tonics and Ice Water

Oh man, what a great thread! Daydreaming about Disney FOOD is my favorite pastime!

Drink: Some sort of fruity cocktail, and ice water.
Appetizer: Lobster Bisque
Entree: 16-oz Boneless Ribeye (medium rare), with White Cheddar Twice-baked Potato and Sauteed Mushroom Caps :cloud9:
Dessert: Pumpkin Cheesecake

Drink: Red wine, maybe a Pinot Noir
Appetizer: Lobster Bisque
Entree: 16 oz. Boneless Rib Eye - Brioche, Bone Marrow, Point Reyes Blue Cheese Butter - and a side of brussel sprouts
Dessert: Pumpkin Cheesecake

Ummmmm will have the Lobster Bisque, Porterhouse for two (share with hubby) and the Black Cherry dessert.

Appetizer: White Gulf Shrimp
Main dish: 14-oz Prime Rib - sweet potato casserole, horseradish cream, au jus; I would sub out the sweet potato casserole for the macaroni and cheese
Dessert: pumpkin cheesecake
Drink: red wine and water

mmmm now I am hungry...

For my boring dinner at home its ham steak and cole slaw

Appetizer: Peekytoe Crab-stuffed Donuts $17

Entrée: 18 ounce Kansas City Strip $55 with the following substitutions:
White Cheddar Twice-baked Potato for the Truffle fries and Point Reyes Blue Cheese Butter for the Chimichurri

Dessert: Fig Cheesecake $11

Beverages: Vodka & Tonics and Ice Water

Can I go with you and have a bite of your appetizer and dessert?
Cause I want the
White Gulf Shrimp, Filet, and Pumpkin Cheesecake (not on current menu) but I want to taste the donuts (the pic on allears looks awesome) and fig cheesecake!!!!

Ok everyone! Today, I was able to snag a reservation for us for...Hollywood Brown Derby @ 7:05 PM.

My choices..
Appetizer: Blue Jumbo Lump spring rolls - Snow crab claw and an asian slaw with spicy Miso Aioli - $13.00
Entree/Sides: Cobb Salad - Made with finely chopped greens, turkey breast, bacon, egg, tomatoes, crumbled bleu cheese, avocado, chives, and Cobb dressing. (as an entree) - $16.00
Drinks: Probably a fun cocktail!
Dessert: A Brown Derby Original! Grapefruit Cake - Light layers of yellow cake with fresh grapefruit cream cheese icing. - $8.00

Here is a link to the menu: HOLLYWOOD BROWN DERBY MENU

Not sure about a drink menu!?

What would you have!? :)

Ok everyone! Today, I was able to snag a reservation for us for...Hollywood Brown Derby @ 7:05 PM.

Here is a link to the menu: HOLLYWOOD BROWN DERBY MENU

Not sure about a drink menu!?

What would you have!? :)

Yum, thanks for inviting us all to join you! ;) What a fun thread. I've never eaten at the Hollywood Brown Derby, so what a treat to join you.

I'll be having
appetizer: Andouille Crusted Prawn (sounds like a nice twist on shrimp & grits)
entree: Charred-glaze Filet of Beef
dessert: Banana White Chocolate Toffee Tower
drinks: glass of red wine with dinner, a spiked cappucino with dessert

If someone next to me is having the Grapefruit Cake, I'd love a bite!

Appetizer: Andouille Crusted Prawn or Portsmouth Lobster Bisque
Entree/Sides: Charred-glaze Filet of Beef
Drinks: cocktail or wine
Dessert: Chocolate Three ways or Double Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee

App - Andouille Crusted Prawns,
Entree - Herb-Roasted Rack of Lamb
Dessert - Grapefruit cake!

Hum, I think i'd go with the Cobb Salad as an entree and then the Chocolate Three Ways for dessert...yum

App: Cobb salad
Entree: Filet
Dessert: Berry cobbler, milk chocolate cremeux, banana toffee cake
Drink:Long island ice tea and water

I went with the menu from the WDW website so that is why I got the trio for dessert.

Sounds similar to my "dinner" last night, if only they were my real dinners

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter