ADR in a park without paying for a whole day?

If you are going to Disney Springs on your non-park day, why not eat there? There are so many new restaurants to try and you won't need to pay for an additional park day that you really don't seem to want. Can you book Brown Derby on your HS day?

If you are going to Disney Springs on your non-park day, why not eat there? There are so many new restaurants to try and you won't need to pay for an additional park day that you really don't seem to want. Can you book Brown Derby on your HS day?

I did exactly those two things! :)

Booked the BD on my HS day and am eating at DS on my off-day. I actually had this going for a few days now. I'm trying T-Rex for the first time. Is it any good? My initial question was only asking a "what if" scenario that I was concerned about, but it was nice to see so many replies!

If you add the extra day and want to eat at Brown Derby, maybe you could get a Fantasmic Package and at least make a night out of it. Getting the extra day, even at $10 - $15 just for the meal doesnt seem worth it. There are hundreds of great restaurants outside of the parks.

I did exactly those two things! :)

Booked the BD on my HS day and am eating at DS on my off-day. I actually had this going for a few days now. I'm trying T-Rex for the first time. Is it any good? My initial question was only asking a "what if" scenario that I was concerned about, but it was nice to see so many replies!

There are so many good options at DS-I think you could find something better than T-Rex (unless you are REALLY into dinosaurs-Lol). Raglan Road, Homecoming, Frontera, House of Blues, The Boathouse, Wolfgang Puck, Morimoto......etc.

Thanks everyone, yes, I have a 5-day park hopper pass. I may end up adding another day but leisure time will be at a premium if I do that. Arrival on Saturday, MK on Sunday, Epcot on Tuesday, day off and Disney Springs on Wednesday, DHS on Thursday, Animal Kingdom on Friday, home on Saturday. I could purchase an extra day for Wednesday if it doesn't cost me much but I'll be dead on my feet.

Purchasing an extra day doesn't mean you need to run yourself ragged using it. Show up at the park for dinner, maybe catch the fireworks afterward. It's still a "rest" day.

Purchasing an extra day doesn't mean you need to run yourself ragged using it. Show up at the park for dinner, maybe catch the fireworks afterward. It's still a "rest" day.

This is what we do. With an extra day added onto our park passes we do not feel compelled to go on all the attractions to make it worth the money. We do like having the option to enjoy a nice dinner and then just stay for evening entertainment. For us, ther eis something very nice when you do not have anything scheduled other than to enjoy a little shopping or "sight seeing" in a park arguing the dinner hour.

Thanks everyone, yes, I have a 5-day park hopper pass. I may end up adding another day but leisure time will be at a premium if I do that. Arrival on Saturday,
MK on Sunday,
Epcot on Tuesday, day off and Disney Springs on Wednesday,
DHS on Thursday,
Animal Kingdom on Friday, home on Saturday. I could purchase an extra day for Wednesday if it doesn't cost me much but I'll be dead on my feet.

One 5-day park hopper pass.

I have a feeling you're using the word "hopper" casually OR you've paid for something you don't need.

A "hopper" means you have paid extra to be able to hop between parks on the same day.

But you are going to one park per day. You aren't hopping. You don't need a hopper.

If you have purchased a ticket that allows hopping, you've paid too much. Try to get the ticket changed or include some hopping.

But I know that many people use the word casually when they actually have a base ticket. (When asking how much to get another day on the ticket the type of ticket matters, though, and it might possibly be less to upgrade if it's not actually a hopper)

Thanks everyone, yes, I have a 5-day park hopper pass. I may end up adding another day but leisure time will be at a premium if I do that. Arrival on Saturday, MK on Sunday, Epcot on Tuesday, day off and Disney Springs on Wednesday, DHS on Thursday, Animal Kingdom on Friday, home on Saturday. I could purchase an extra day for Wednesday if it doesn't cost me much but I'll be dead on my feet.

Are you planning on going into a park on either your arrival (Saturday) or departure (Saturday) days? If not, I'm only counting 4 park days in your list and you have a 5 day park hopper, so wouldn't you be covered?

I'm spending time in the parks on Sunday, Monday, taking a breather on Tuesday, back in the Parks for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. That's 5 days by my calendar. :) I'll do a little park hopping on Friday but may also head over to another park during the week if I'm in one of them closes early, like AK. So I will be getting in my park hopper option.

If I didn't have a park hopper, I'd be upset that I didn't have that option.

...Arrival on Saturday, MK on Sunday, Epcot on Tuesday, day off and Disney Springs on Wednesday, DHS on Thursday, Animal Kingdom on Friday, home on Saturday....

Are you planning on going into a park on either your arrival (Saturday) or departure (Saturday) days? If not, I'm only counting 4 park days in your list and you have a 5 day park hopper, so wouldn't you be covered?

I'm spending time in the parks on Sunday, Monday, taking a breather on Tuesday, back in the Parks for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. That's 5 days by my calendar. :) ...

Ah, okay. Monday wasn't in your original list (or I missed it). In that case, I'd be inclined to add the extra day...turning a 5 day into a 6 day isn't terribly expensive (should be about $20 per person).

Ah, okay. Monday wasn't in your original list (or I missed it). In that case, I'd be inclined to add the extra day...turning a 5 day into a 6 day isn't terribly expensive (should be about $20 per person).

Good to know, thanks. It's nice to know I have that option and it won't cost me another full-day price for an extra day in the parks.

We enjoyed T-Rex when we went but you should know that the food is just average and it is quite noisy. We went with our future son in law and his brother when it first opened. If I were to go today, I would probably choose one of the more adult oriented places like Homecoming or Morimoto.

Good to know, thanks. It's nice to know I have that option and it won't cost me another full-day price for an extra day in the parks.

I forget the exact rules, but I'd make sure I add on that last day at Guest Relations before using the last day of your hopper

I'll chime in on TRex! It's really loud!!! And the food is average. It was once and done for us when my DS really wanted to see the dinosaurs. If you want to see moving dinosaurs, go. If you want good food, go somewhere else! We really like the Boathouse and will try Paddlefish on our next visit. I would take a look at the DS menus and see what appeals to you.

I'll chime in on TRex! It's really loud!!!
And if it's your first time there, you probably don't want to be seated in the "Ice Cave". It's really freaky lighting that has actually made some (not many) guests nauseous just by sitting there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter