ADR plans - please critique.

Jen12573

DIS Veteran
We aren't going until January 2011, and of course everything will be revised when we get the park hours, but we're doing some different restaurants and I'd love your opinions. We have:

Table Service:
DHS - Sci-Fi Diner (dinner, never been)
Chef Mickey's (dinner, it's a tradition)
Grand Floridian Cafe (dinner, we usually do Narcoossee's, but I don't want to use 4 credits for one dinner this time around)
DHS - 50s Prime Time
1900 Park Faire (breakfast, new favorite!)
Kona Cafe (dinner, went there last year and loved it)

Counter Service:
MK - Cosmic Rays (yum)
Epcot - Yorkshire Fish & Chips (lunch, loved this last year)
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons (dinner)
AK - Yak & Yeti Counter Service (snacks/lunch)
Gasparilla Grill (dinner, again tradition)
Pepper Market (dinner)

What else should we not miss. We've checked the menus at AKL and they honestly don't appeal to DH's taste, sorry.
Thanks!

We aren't going until January 2011, and of course everything will be revised when we get the park hours, but we're doing some different restaurants and I'd love your opinions. We have:

Table Service:
DHS - Sci-Fi Diner (dinner, never been)We really enjoyed this last year (it was our first time there in over ten years) and they let me order off the lunch menu
Chef Mickey's (dinner, it's a tradition)not fond of dinner buffets at Disney (except Biergarten and Cape May)
Grand Floridian Cafe (dinner, we usually do Narcoossee's, but I don't want to use 4 credits for one dinner this time around)never done
DHS - 50s Prime TimeAgain, it's been ten years but we always enjoyed it in the past
1900 Park Faire (breakfast, new favorite!)never done
Kona Cafe (dinner, went there last year and loved it)never done (we're doing breakfast for the first time in September)

Counter Service:
MK - Cosmic Rays (yum)Our favorite
Epcot - Yorkshire Fish & Chips (lunch, loved this last year)Love it here
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons (dinner)lots of nice choices
AK - Yak & Yeti Counter Service (snacks/lunch)never done; we've done the sit down; we always do Flame Tree for our CS
Gasparilla Grill (dinner, again tradition)never done
Pepper Market (dinner)we usually eat here two times a trip because we stay at the CSR; we didn't eat there last year and won't this year because we'll only be there for four days so we'll probably eat at the pool

What else should we not miss. We've checked the menus at AKL and they honestly don't appeal to DH's taste, sorry.
Thanks!

We liked Mara at the AKL; we've not done any of the restaurants because we don't do signature dining at Disney. Our other comments are in red.

Table Service:
DHS - Sci-Fi Diner (dinner, never been) LOVE it...Burgers, Onion Rings and Milkshakes. :lovestruc
Chef Mickey's (dinner, it's a tradition) It's your tradition so I won't comment. :rolleyes1
Grand Floridian Cafe (dinner, we usually do Narcoossee's, but I don't want to use 4 credits for one dinner this time around) Never been.
DHS - 50s Prime Time LOVE it.
1900 Park Faire (breakfast, new favorite!) Never been for breakfast.
Kona Cafe (dinner, went there last year and loved it) I agree..we LOVE it. :lovestruc

Counter Service:
MK - Cosmic Rays (yum)
Pepper Market (dinner)

Thanks!

Some of our other favorites - Teppan Edo, Tutto, San Angel, Coral Reef, The Plaza, Tusker House breakfast.
HTH! :)

Table Service:
DHS - Sci-Fi Diner (dinner, never been)
Chef Mickey's (dinner, it's a tradition)
Grand Floridian Cafe (dinner, we usually do Narcoossee's, but I don't want to use 4 credits for one dinner this time around)
DHS - 50s Prime Time
1900 Park Faire (breakfast, new favorite!)
Kona Cafe (dinner, went there last year and loved it)

Counter Service:
MK - Cosmic Rays (yum)
Pepper Market (dinner)

Thanks!

I've never been to any of the restaurants you have listed for TS but I've heard tons & tons of good reviews on Sci-Fi, Kona, and 1900 Park Fare. We will be going to Chef Mickey's & Sci-Fi for the first time this trip! :)

For CS, Cosmic Rays and Yak & Yeti are both great choices!!! We will be eating at both this trip & have eaten there in the past many times. I've also heard wonderful things about Pepper Market & Sunshine Seasons but I've never eaten there myself.

Other choices I would recommend (and I have a picky family!)
* Coral Reef at EPCOT
* Cape May Cafe (Character Dining)
* Crystal Palace (breakfast 1st thing in the morning/Character Meal)
* San Angel at EPCOT
* The Mara (CS @ AKL)

I've also heard great things about Sanaa at Kidani Village although I've never personally tried it. We stayed at AKL last trip & wish we would have tried Jiko. I have family going this fall & they plan to eat there so I can let you know after they return from their trip.

We ate at Mara about 3-4 times during our trip, usually when we'd get back from the park & were still hungry. We mostly got "snack items" like bananas, pie, carrots, cookies, etc. but we also got the Shrimp Dinner w/French Fries and ordered Pizza one night. We also ate breakfast at the Mara 2 times during our trip. It was nothing exciting or great, just regular breakfast foods. I personally am not a big breakfast person so I didn't mind (as long as I had my coffee! lol). My DH and DS both love breakfast but they like simple things, so the Mickey waffles, eggs, bacon/sausage, etc was fine for them.

Hope that helps you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter