ADR question with infant - how many ppl?

newgirlhere

Earning My Ears
When searching for ADRs, should an infant be included in the number of ppl for the reservation? Does it matter? Would one have more luck searching for reservations for 4 than 5, assuming the 5th is an infant?

Include the infant in your dining reservations. Although there is no charge for the infant, he/she is included in the maximum guest capacity that a restaurant can hold.

You need to include every person, regardless of how young or old, eating or not, because of fire code regulations.

If you are having difficulty finding a reservation for 5, try looking for 6 because the Disney reservation system sometimes has difficulty with odd numbers. It wants to fill every seat at a table and most tables are for 2-4-6-etc rather than odd numbers. If you find a table for 6, you will not be charged for the "missing" person when you check in at the restaurant.

As the others have said, include the infant in your total count. I didn't know I had to my last trip and was kindly asked by pretty much all the CMs to include infants in my future reservations upon checking in. That being said - we weren't turned away either, but we did have to wait a bit longer past our ADR times so that we could be accommodated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter