• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR question

hswillia07

DIS Veteran
Hey! We booked our resort through DVC (first time for us!), so am I correct that we should be able to book our dining at 60+10 days? When I log into MDE, it's showing that I can book at the 60 day mark. This is our first trip in awhile and I'm out of my element! Any info would be so appreciated. Thanks :)

Are you saying you can't book any ADR days after your 60-day point? If so, that's probably another delightful quirk of Disney tech.

You should be able to book ADRs for the first 10 days of your stay at 60 days from your arrival night.

If you can't, you might try chatting into MS or calling to see if they can help.

Hey! We booked our resort through DVC (first time for us!), so am I correct that we should be able to book our dining at 60+10 days? When I log into MDE, it's showing that I can book at the 60 day mark. This is our first trip in awhile and I'm out of my element! Any info would be so appreciated. Thanks :)
Have you linked your DVC stay to MDE? If not then the system doesn't know you have a resort stay. You need to add it to your MDE using the confirmation #.

ETA: Your post kind of makes it seem like you are wanting to be able to book at 60+10 for a total of 70 days early. Not sure if I am interpreting that right nor not. You can book at 60 days from check in day + length of stay (max of 10 extra days).

Last edited:

Yes, you can. Are you at 60 days now?

You should be able to book dining reservations for the first 10 days of your trip, starting at the 60 day mark. You cannot book any reservations until 60 days before check in.

The system of booking ADR is unfair. It needs work. Point: If I'm checking in on Feb.20th. I can make ADR for Feb. 20 fro the next 10 days. Great except people who's check in date is say, Feb. 15 can book up until Feb. 25. This mean a lot of reservations for restaurants for the first 5 days of our vacation(Feb.20th) are all booked. I would like to see them level the playing field and do it daily ARD. Thoughts? Canadian Tom

The system of booking ADR is unfair. It needs work. Point: If I'm checking in on Feb.20th. I can make ADR for Feb. 20 fro the next 10 days. Great except people who's check in date is say, Feb. 15 can book up until Feb. 25. This mean a lot of reservations for restaurants for the first 5 days of our vacation(Feb.20th) are all booked. I would like to see them level the playing field and do it daily ARD. Thoughts? Canadian Tom
In your example, you then have an advantage for the last 5 days of booking, just like those who checked in earlier than you have an advantage over you for your first 5 days. At least the way it is you only have to be online once at 6a ready to book (assuming stays are less than 11 days). What you are proposing would give zero advantage for staying onsite and people would have to be on their computers every morning at 6:00.

And the website would crash every morning. ADRs for length of stay is about the only on-site advantage left so no, I would not want to see your change implemented. And just to make you even crazier, I’d like to see ADRs go back to 180 days. Especially now when hotels are booking so far out, I think people who commit & give Disney their money months in advance deserve a little advantage. Then people who book last minute can book dining at the same time, so they’ll know what’s available right when they book.

How about they let resort guests book 120 days or 90 days out rather than 60 days when people staying or living off-site can book. That would be better. I think. Canadian Tom

How about they let resort guests book 120 days or 90 days out rather than 60 days when people staying or living off-site can book. That would be better. I think. Canadian Tom
I don't think you are going to find anybody on here who is going to agree with you. I want to login one day to make my reservations. If I have a long stay. then I know to schedule my harder to get ones at the end of the trip. What you are proposing makes it like a virtual queue situation for on-site guests for all of their dining. And they have to repeat it every day of their trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter