ADR Suggestion

scrapfrenzy

Earning My Ears
We have never been to Disney World, and our first trip is coming up in a couple weeks. :yay: We have a dinner ADR for 'Ohana, but it's on the day we plan to go to Animal Kingdom. Two days later, we also have a breakfast ADR for 'Ohana. From what we have read on these boards, people rave about both breakfast and dinner at 'Ohana, so we wanted to try both. But, would we be better off going to Boma on our Animal Kingdom day, or is it worth the long trek from Animal Kingdom to Polynesian to do dinner at 'Ohana instead of Boma? Boma also sounds appealing to us, but we're hesitant to give up the 'Ohana dinner reservation since it's so much harder to get. Help!?!? Thanks!

Here my opinion. I would do Ohana for dinner, and Boma for b-fat. Unless you have HUGE lilo & stitch fan like me, then we do both ohana. It's a great place to meet lilo & stitch, but the food is just OK- not much selection because its family style ( just bacon,eggs, mickey waffles, sausage, fruit, rolls). Boma is a buffet with a lot of selection, but no characters. But do Ohana dinner- very good- love it. So I guess it depends on what you are looking for, but thats my opinion.

I would say it is definitely worth the trek. If it was close enough, I would trek down there from Georgia! Ohana's is amazing. Plus, I'm not sure when you are going, but normally Animal Kingdom closes earlier than other parks, so maybe, it will work out and you can watches fireworks on the beach behind the Polynesian. But dinner at Ohana's is a MUST! :)

I haven't ate breakfast there, though I've heard great things about the French toast, but I would think a Boma breakfast buffet would be awesome, as suggested. Or, if you want a character breakfast, stick with both of them. I really am not sure you could go wrong either way.

Definitely keep dinner at 'Ohana. IMO it's much better than dinner at Boma. I've never done breakfast at Boma, but we have done breakfast at 'Ohana and while the service was very good and the character interaction great- I didn't think the food lived up to the hype. It was OK b/c we really weren't there for the food, but if you're interested more in the food- I've heard very good things about Boma's breakfast spread.

Personally we LOVE Boma for dinner. However, if you have your heart set on Ohana then go with that. As PP has said, AK typically closes early so you can go to Ohana and watch Wishes on the beach or if you have park hoppers you can go to MK for the evening. As for Ohana for breakfast, I would skip it. While you do meet Lilo and Stitch, the food is not good and the options are very limited since it is served family style instead of a buffet.There are other locations where you can meet Lilo and Stitch. Depending on where you are going the day of your Ohana breakfast, I would suggest switching it to 1900 Park Fare, Crystal Palace, or Chef Mickey ( if you want those characters).

I'll add that last week I had dinner at 'Ohana, the sixth or seventh time I've dined there since 2002. I was badly disappointed, the food quality just seemed so much lower than my earlier visits. I loved the place during my visits back in 2002-2003, but I don't plan to go back any time soon after this last visit.

On the other hand, my dinner at Boma last Thursday was as good a meal as I've ever had there, and this is for a place that I have loved since my very first meal there in 2001. For the folks who rave about the wonderful dessert at 'Ohana, I found the same bread pudding at Boma, and with a better topping - vanilla sauce, rather than bananas foster.

Having said all that, 'Ohana continues to be popular, so they must be making enough people happy. I'm just no longer among them.

Without offering an opinion on the restaurants, I will say the transportation probably shouldn't be your deciding factor. You're going to be taking a bus to either location. It's not like being in MK & eating at one of the Monorail resorts. The difference in travel time wouldn't be substantial enough to influence my decision either way. However, if you really want to eat at Boma, your AK day would be the time to do it. It's out of the way from everywhere else.

Great, thanks to all for the suggestion to stay with 'Ohana for dinner, that really helps make the decision a little easier! And, since Boma seems to be a popular suggestion for breakfast, I think we will definitely do that on our AK day because I have tried countless times to get into Tusker House and I'm not having any luck. Thanks so much for the suggestions! Everyone is so kind to respond around this place!:thumbsup2

Great, thanks to all for the suggestion to stay with 'Ohana for dinner, that really helps make the decision a little easier! And, since Boma seems to be a popular suggestion for breakfast, I think we will definitely do that on our AK day because I have tried countless times to get into Tusker House and I'm not having any luck. Thanks so much for the suggestions! Everyone is so kind to respond around this place!:thumbsup2

I think you made a good decision. We were there (on the DxDDP) just last week and did all three. Boma breakfast is wonderful and we always love Ohana for dinner. This was the second time I've done Ohana for breakfast and have not been impressed either time. In fact, the only thing my 3 y/o GS ate at the Ohana breakfast last week was the bacon and Mickey waffles. He said everything else was "Yucky":rotfl:. We did a buffet breakfast every single morning and Ohana is the only one where he didn't eat well. He tried to spit his eggs out for some reason and then did the same with the bread, which is not like him at all.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter