• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADRs needed for TS lunch?

LuckyAshley

Earning My Ears
I couldn’t find the answer. Do you need reservations for table service lunches? We had regular dining plan last time so only did quick service lunches with no ADRs but we have deluxe dining plan this time and plan on a lot of TS lunches. Do I need to make reservations or can I be more flexible and just show up? (I definitely will be making ADRs for dinner). Thanks!

Depends on where. If there is a place where you really want to eat then make the ADR.

Depends on where. If there is a place where you really want to eat then make the ADR.

Right now I’ve got California Grill, Spice Road Table, Cinderella’s Castle, Sanaa, Yak and Yeti, Tutto Italia, Kona or Ohana breakfast ... But the list may change.

If there are places you specifically want to eat then I wouldn't risk not getting an ADR. Of course if you don't care then you could try and snag a same day ADR.

If there are places you specifically want to eat then I wouldn't risk not getting an ADR. Of course if you don't care then you could try and snag a same day ADR.

I was hoping to have some flexibility for lunch so we didn’t have to have scheduled lunch and dinner times, but eating at specific restaurants is a little more important to us on this trip, so if I need to make ADRs I will.

I say play it smart and make as many of the ADR's as you can. You can always cancel them if things change but you don't want to hit a park that turns out to have a huge crowd and nothing available. The exception to this rule is of course Magic Kingdom. You can always get an ADR for Tony's.

You need ADRs. The table service restaurants are by reservation only. I have seen people walk up at lunch time and they are consistently told they need a reservation or quoted a wait time of over an hour. Sometimes you can get a same day ADR if you refresh the app because people are no-shows or cancel, but if you want to play that game you will have to take what you can get and not have specific restaurants in mind. Since you have specific restaurants in mind, get an ADR. Many of the places you mention - Cinderella's table, Ohana, Yak and Yeti -- are hard ADRs to get for lunch. Also, be aware that California Grill does not offer lunch daily -- it just has a Sunday brunch, but no ADRs before 5pm on all other days.

You need ADRs. The table service restaurants are by reservation only. I have seen people walk up at lunch time and they are consistently told they need a reservation or quoted a wait time of over an hour. Sometimes you can get a same day ADR if you refresh the app because people are no-shows or cancel, but if you want to play that game you will have to take what you can get and not have specific restaurants in mind. Since you have specific restaurants in mind, get an ADR. Many of the places you mention - Cinderella's table, Ohana, Yak and Yeti -- are hard ADRs to get for lunch. Also, be aware that California Grill does not offer lunch daily -- it just has a Sunday brunch, but no ADRs before 5pm on all other days.

Is Brunch only on Sunday? Maybe I'll do California Grill for dinner then. Thanks!

Spice Road Tables you should be able to walk up to around lunch and get in. The rest you might be able to get same day ADRs except California Grill and Ohana breakfast. We never make ADRs in advance for lunch or supper, we just make them for that day while walking around but we aren't picky and like trying new places.

We make ADRs for every TS. This allows us to eat at about the time we choose as opposed to when they have an opening. There are many TS restaurants where you can get by without an ADR and still eat at near normal times. But many of the popular ones, this doesn't work. You either skip those, or eat at off times if that is an option.
Agree that Spice Road is almost never filled especially for lunch. The others I would get ADRs.

I was hoping to have some flexibility for lunch so we didn’t have to have scheduled lunch and dinner times, but eating at specific restaurants is a little more important to us on this trip, so if I need to make ADRs I will.
That is up to you. But if you want to eat at specific restaurants at prime lunch hours you generally need an ADR.
AS others have said same day ADRs may be available, as folks now do cancel at the last minute to avoid the no show fee.
But especially with the Deluxe Dining Plan credits I would always schedule ADRs. I do not want to waste those credits

You can get a Landry Card and you will be seated with out an ADR for Yak and Yeti. All the rest I would plan ADRs or be flexible.

I couldn’t find the answer. Do you need reservations for table service lunches? We had regular dining plan last time so only did quick service lunches with no ADRs but we have deluxe dining plan this time and plan on a lot of TS lunches. Do I need to make reservations or can I be more flexible and just show up? (I definitely will be making ADRs for dinner). Thanks!
The few times we ate at 2 TS restaurants for lunch I found it easy to walk in without a reservation. No idea if this was unusual or not since we have gotten into a rhythm of eating our biggest meal at dinner time.

Certainly, there are restaurants such as Sci Fi, 50's Prime Time, and BOG, Biergarten, Morimoto Asia, Beaches and Cream, that need ressies no matter what time of day you want to eat there so be sure to get ADRs for the more popular places.

I think even same-day lunch reservations are getting difficult, but if you are flexible you can get by without making ADRs well in advance, though you'll probably want to make them the morning before lunch. That's what we did maybe 5 or so years ago and had pretty good success. We were able to make same-day reservations at Chefs de France and San Angel Inn without any problem, though Epcot has lots of options. Resort lunches are certainly doable depending on where you want to eat. Probably be a lot tougher right now at the other parks.

So just searched for lunch reservations tomorrow at noon for 2 people and there was a fair bit of availability--Ale & Compass and Beaches & Cream at Beach/Yacht Club; Biergarten, Chefs de France, Coral Reef, Nine Dragons, San Angel and Teppan Edo at Epcot; Mama Melrose & Hollywood & Vine at DHS; Liberty Tavern and Tony's at MK; lots of Disney Springs and resort spots.

Last edited:

‘Ohana is breakfast and dinner only, no lunch.

I thought so too, but I saw an 11:50 reservation for tomorrow at 'Ohana. Is that a late breakfast?

Breakfast there runs until noon. So, technically, I guess you could make your late breakfast your lunch if you want to, but you’d need to be aware that you’ll be getting breakfast food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter