ADRs... NOT A FAN

You mean like we used to be able to do, just walking up to an order window?
What's preventing you from walking up to an order window? Aside from the Tiki Juice bar, everything else that was mobile only in 2021 after the reopening has gone back to offering both, unless I'm missing something.
If the long lines during peak times is the concern, then what do you suggest...less MKs, more blackout days and higher cost of admission? As long as the demand outpaces the availability it's impossible to make everyone happen without denying access to more and more folks.

I don't mind booking in advance but I really don't see why the reservations drop at 3 AM. It seems designed for maximum inconvenience. Disneyland could open the reservations at any time - why oh why does it have to be at 3 AM?

I have said it before but one way to stop the multiple reservations or at least cut down on them is to charge a $10.00 PP for lunch and $15.00 PP for dinner deposit paid at the time of booking. The deposit then can be used against the total meal charge. Most people are not going to put down multiple deposits if they have to pay for it up front.
This is 100% the answer as long as Disney finds that a majority of people actually keep their ressies. Disney IT is terrible. I could see people who cancel.in the allotted time frame having issues actually getting their money back.

But it would 100% lead to a much greater percentage of people actually using the reservations they make.

In the old days we only booked character meals. Since the reopening there has been so much talk about lack of dining options that I felt like if I didn't have ADRs we would never find food, so I booked ADRs for almost every meal. During our trip I ended up cancelling all of them besides Oga's, because food wasn't that hard to come by when I used Mobile order. I think it's way better now than when the park originally reopened.

I agree that people over-book ADRs, me included. But at 60 days out it can be really hard to know where you will be each day and what you want to eat. I am a super over-planner but even with all my planning there are some factors I won't know until the trip gets closer, so I have to book my ADRs just in case I will need them.

It is crazy how fast the reservations go. I do not like that part! Waking up at 3am was ridiculous, but I had to do it. And even then things like Blue Bayou were gone within seconds. 6am is still very inconvenient but at least it isn't the middle of the night.

As a former CM from the 80’s-90’s, I dislike #HATE the current ADR system. It encourages guests to hoard reservations that many times they don’t even use…which in turn leaves other families at a disadvantage. People don’t want to believe that in many cases walk up is a very viable scenario. Also, in this day and age the norm is to completely obsess and over plan the day based on social media, “influencers” and the Disney information stream. The FOMO is out of control. Disney needs to fix this by requiring each reservation have a deposit or some type of restriction.

What's preventing you from walking up to an order window? Aside from the Tiki Juice bar, everything else that was mobile only in 2021 after the reopening has gone back to offering both, unless I'm missing something.
If the long lines during peak times is the concern, then what do you suggest...less MKs, more blackout days and higher cost of admission? As long as the demand outpaces the availability it's impossible to make everyone happen without denying access to more and more folks.
The issue is they have 5 spaces for mobile order and 1 for walk ups. It just takes forever sometimes and the lines are huge while Mobile order people are standing around doing nothing.
They should realise by now that not everyone wants to use the Mobile Order and bring back a few more walk up stations.

The issue is they have 5 spaces for mobile order and 1 for walk ups. It just takes forever sometimes and the lines are huge while Mobile order people are standing around doing nothing.
They should realise by now that not everyone wants to use the Mobile Order and bring back a few more walk up stations.
I appreciate that technology can be scary for some. I also appreciate that some people just hate it and don't want to use it. But I think there is zero chance Disney changes their minds about mobile order. As someone who was very resistant to using it in the beginning, I love it now (at least at WDW). I think this is one of the many changes WDW has made that there's very little chance of being walked back. So it's going to be adapt or wait in the one long, human ordering line.

Outside of very select restaurant experiences, I wish they would go back to at a minimum, you can book ONCE you are in one of the two parks. Can't make ROTR reservations until the day of, once you've gone through the turnstiles, the same should hold true for dinning. I think Dinning should be the same way. No need to fret 60 days out. Want a res for later in the day, get there early.
Wouldn't this just cause people who want to go to Blue Bayou lining up hours before the park opens to ensure they are the first through the turnstile?

Exactly this. We are now overbooked for reservations and have to choose which to keep. The 1PM restriction for park hopping is also a frustration to planning. What park are we starting in... oh, we can only do lunch in the other park after 1 (way past when we would normally lunch).
Same here. I play the game but I'm not a fan. Usually end up with six or seven ADR. We even have some 90 minutes apart (or whatever the minimum is, I don't recall). Then we chip away at them and usually get it down to two or three, once the park days and planning become more clear.

Maybe it's gotten better since last trip. But, the main frustration was certain places not releasing right at 60 days. I've noticed a few thread titles lately that make it sound like it's still the case.

As a person with several allergies, some of which aren't super common, I appreciate the ADRs because I can communicate my needs ahead of time and the chefs can be ready for me. Also, the GF Monte Cristo is only available if you pre-order, and you can't do that if you don't know you'll be able to eat there.

I appreciate that technology can be scary for some. I also appreciate that some people just hate it and don't want to use it.
I'm not afraid of tech and It's also not about hating it, it's about convenience for me. I just like to walk up to a counter and see what they have in person, sometimes see what other people are getting and choose on a whim.
I don't like the idea of looking at fake food images on a screen. I also like to talk to them about dietary options which aren't available in the app.
If they have a bunch of CM's standing around getting paid to do nothing while one CM is run off their feet - I think that is an issue that should be addressed.

I'm not afraid of tech and It's also not about hating it, it's about convenience for me. I just like to walk up to a counter and see what they have in person, sometimes see what other people are getting and choose on a whim.
I don't like the idea of looking at fake food images on a screen. I also like to talk to them about dietary options which aren't available in the app.
If they have a bunch of CM's standing around getting paid to do nothing while one CM is run off their feet - I think that is an issue that should be addressed.
I get what you're saying, but Disney is not going to change this. Mobile order is here to stay.

And cast members "standing around doing nothing" probably means the mobile ordering process is efficient. The times I used it 2 weeks ago....when the app said my food was ready....it was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter