ADRs sure are not what they used to be!

rebelbuddhist

Mouseketeer
Our 60 days was today.... was up at 5:30 (CST) and all logged in and ready to hit the button whenever it went live. Kept refreshing every minute or so after 5:45 (CST) but things did not go live until exactly 6:00 am (CST). I have been stalking the boards and practicing making ADRs the past few weeks so I thought I was as prepared as I could be. The process used to be pretty straightforward and easy to navigate, but those days seem to be gone. Had to log in repeatedly after being logged out for who knows why. I found many restaurants that I thought would be easy to get actually were some of the more difficult.... even Tony's Town Square and Yak & Yeti. Others that I thought would be difficult were pretty easy....Candlelight processional, Tusker House. The biggest frustration was that I would go through the entire process choosing a day and available time my party, who would manage the reservation, credit card guarantee ( was a bit tedious to have to enter entire credit card info multiple times) and then have the confirmation page disappear and have to start all over! My advice is pack your patience and don't freak out! I was able to get all the ADRs I was looking for on the days I wanted within a few minutes of my ideal time. That includes Topolino's, Yak & Yeti, Brown Derby, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Candlelight processional at Biergarten (although our reservation is for noon but our CP time is 8:30 pm), Tusker House, Cape May, Hollywood and Vine, and 'Ohana. It did take a bit of time-- almost 2 hours-- to get my day + 10 reservations. Now I have to log on daily for days 11-14 so it's early to rise the next four days. Best of luck to each of you as you plan your ADRs-- just keep calm and don't give up.

Last edited:
My best advice is to log in early to get set up, but don't expect anything to open until 6am. I open a tab for each restaurant ready to hit search as soon as 6am hits and I go in the order of hardest to get to easiest. I also refresh just before 6am to make sure I'm still logged in and I have my credit card info in a notepad ready to copy/paste since it doesn't seem to save it anymore. I have a lot of luck with this method and usually get everything except for the really hard ones like Space 220.

My best advice is to log in early to get set up, but don't expect anything to open until 6am. I open a tab for each restaurant ready to hit search as soon as 6am hits and I go in the order of hardest to get to easiest. I also refresh just before 6am to make sure I'm still logged in and I have my credit card info in a notepad ready to copy/paste since it doesn't seem to save it anymore. I have a lot of luck with this method and usually get everything except for the really hard ones like Space 220.
I did this exactly except I saved my credit card in my disney experience so everything was easy to pay.

Even saving the credit card, the website still sometimes re-asks for it. Mine has been saved for years. The servers are just getting slammed and causing issues. It's also a really busy time to go, so more people are also trying.

Even saving the credit card, the website still sometimes re-asks for it. Mine has been saved for years. The servers are just getting slammed and causing issues. It's also a really busy time to go, so more people are also trying.
100% on the servers crashing! I got lucky, but my desktop crashed and I was able to "break through" on my phone. ITs WILD how fast some of the reservations go! I also think there's a bit of "revenge travel" happening- like everyone I know is going to disney world it seems.

I had to reenter my CC number for every reservation a few weeks ago. It was so annoying even though I have my number memorized.

Our 60 days was today.... was up at 5:30 (CST) and all logged in and ready to hit the button whenever it went live. Kept refreshing every minute or so after 5:45 (CST) but things did not go live until exactly 6:00 am (CST). I have been stalking the boards and practicing making ADRs the past few weeks so I thought I was as prepared as I could be. The process used to be pretty straightforward and easy to navigate, but those days seem to be gone. Had to log in repeatedly after being logged out for who knows why. I found many restaurants that I thought would be easy to get actually were some of the more difficult.... even Tony's Town Square and Yak & Yeti. Others that I thought would be difficult were pretty easy....Candlelight processional, Tusker House. The biggest frustration was that I would go through the entire process choosing a day and available time my party, who would manage the reservation, credit card guarantee ( was a bit tedious to have to enter entire credit card info multiple times) and then have the confirmation page disappear and have to start all over! My advice is pack your patience and don't freak out! I was able to get all the ADRs I was looking for on the days I wanted within a few minutes of my ideal time. That includes Topolino's, Yak & Yeti, Brown Derby, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, Candlelight processional at Biergarten (although our reservation is for noon but our CP time is 8:30 pm), Tusker House, Cape May, Hollywood and Vine, and 'Ohana. It did take a bit of time-- almost 2 hours-- to get my day + 10 reservations. Now I have to log on daily for days 11-14 so it's early to rise the next four days. Best of luck to each of you as you plan your ADRs-- just keep calm and don't give up.
It is just a hassle trying to get reservations! I especially hated entering my credit card number with each reservation! It’s saved in MDE for Pete sakes 🙄, why did I have to keep adding it!

On my ADR day I put my credit card number on a word document and copy it so that I can paste it into the blank as needed.
I did that, but I should of copied it before I did reservations because I left to copy and paste it and lost my Sci Fi reservation🥴

On my ADR day I put my credit card number on a word document and copy it so that I can paste it into the blank as needed.
I would have done that if I had known it was going to ask for every reservation. That didn’t happen for our trip in May; I only had to enter my card once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter