ADRs? Yes We Made Stinking ADRs - A June '15 Dining Report - Updated 10/10: Sassagoula & Wrap-up

kastoney

Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm
Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and FOOD!!!!!!

Welcome one and all to my June 2015 dining report. For those that have followed my other reports, I'm shocked I haven't offended you away yet so double welcome to you. For those that may be new to me and my love for all things disney, food, alcohol, and sarcasm you have now been warned ; )

Before I get into the title, a bit about me and my foodie family.

That's me, Kari, in the middle, aren't I cute and have a great grasp of words for a 4 year old ; ) Sadly, I'm the infinitely less cute one on the right. I've been going to Disney World since I was a kid and have no earthly idea how many times I've actually been. Besides Disney, my other passion in life is food and wine, so a dining report is the logical place for me to share my obsessions and endless opinions with all of you.

Next up is my hubby Jason, who by some amazing cosmic event loves not only me, but also Disney, food, and wine. Jason is a little bit country (he's from West Virginia), a little bit rock 'n roll (he's a bada$$ chef), and a lot a bit crazy - as is evidenced by the above photo where he was clearly not too proud to finish off his daughter's ice cream cone.

Speaking of daughter, besides food the real star of our show is my 4-year old Casey.

She is a fun, energetic, sweet, and silly little girl who is the center of our universe. I am firmly committed to instilling my love of disney into her (her "first" trip was in utero) and she's clearly got the bug. Thankfully like her parents, Casey is also little foodie which makes eating in the world fun for all.

Now a little bit about the title. If you've followed either of my previous reports (insert shameless plug to check them out in my signature), you know by now that I'm not a planner. With very few exceptions, we don't make ADR's ahead of time and instead wait until the day before or day of and see where our cravings and open reservations take us. This works well for our laissez faire style, especially since we typically visit during "value" seasons (though of course value and disney is the biggest oxymoron ever).

But this trip was different, we were going during the thick of the summer crowds and heat and not knowing what to expect I made ADR's. Not the day of, or even the day before, like the day I decided to go on the trip. Now granted that was only about a month or so out, but I felt the need to confess my ADR sins ; ) I'm still not proud, and even worse and in a bit of foreshadowing, it wasn't even that bad. Now that doesn't mean I'll convert to the 180-day spreadsheet crowd, but a mix of planned and unplanned events may not be so bad.

A few details to wet your proverbial appetites:
Dates: 18-22 June (This was a surprise for my hubby for fathers day weekend, more to come on that in the first post)
Resort: Port Orleans French Quarter (new to us)
Restaurants: Yachtsman Steakhouse, Raglan Road, Boatwrights (all of these were new to us) and other several perennial favorites

Bon Appetit!

This is the report that we have been waiting for! Yaay. :-) Your food pics are always incredible. Its going to be interesting to see how you all liked Raglan Road & Boatwrights.

I'm looking forward to your trip report. We decided to take a quick three night trip at the end of August. We are staying at POR, our first moderate resort. We've only stayed at deluxe resorts and the idea of exploring POR really appealed to us. We have an ADR at Boatwrights so I'm curious to hear how it was. :)

Following along! Love your food reviews and your sarcasm! We've been thinking about trying the Yachtsman Steakhouse as the hubby is a big steak fan, so looking forward to your review.

Hooray! Finally! I hope your father's foot (ankle? leg?) is healing and he's hobbling around quickly!

I'm crushed:sad: My heroine of the no stinking ADRs.......will I ever recover?:rotfl2:

Still, I'm looking forward to much yumminess and the adventures of Princess Casey....:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter