• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adult fish extender gift ideas

We did Old Bay seasoning once with recipe cards when we were living in Maryland. In terms of what we have received and still have - a pen with the cruise dates on it and a bookmark made from a Disney playing card.

We still have magnets on our fridge and ornaments on our Christmas tree that we received as FE gifts. I also loved the decorated picture frames. If there is a holiday coming up, I would make a Disney-themed decoration that the family can use year after year on that holiday and remember the cruise--because that is what I would like best! We ordered some cute mickey shaped key rings from ebay, 40 pcs shipped from China for about $20. Took 6-8 weeks to arrive but SO cute and easy to give each adult. Some people don't like all the Mickey stuff, but that is why we chose DCL! The baggies of laundry soap, dryer sheet, shout wipes, band-aids, etc. were also appreciated.

This is an interesting thread. It really shows how divergent individual preferences are. I noticed that some people like getting snacks in their FEs, but I dislike it, as I'm already overstuffed with food on a cruise and therefore have no use for the snacks.

Some of my favorite FE gifts have been a Disney castle-themed art piece on burlap, a pretty wooden paperweight, and an eye-patch for Pirate Night. Food, candy, water bottles, hair/nail accessories, and anything tsum tsum related end up being pixie dusted to other staterooms. But I do appreciate the thought behind the gifts, even when I don't like the gifts themselves.

This will be our first FE - I was thinking plastic stemless wineglasses for the adults - a little disney themed vinyl and maybe a few candies for the theatre. Figure we could try and deliver first night and then the glasses can be used for the remainder of the cruise. Any experienced FEs care to share their thoughts?

Things we would actually use on the cruise or when we got home. Sanitizer, snacks to take to the theater, bottles of water or rootbeer, etc. We are not Disney freaks, so most of te random themed Disney gear was tossed out before we left. Sad, but it just had no use or purpose in our home. We gave out consumables for our FE so no one had to haul anything home.

you-said-you-arent-a-disney-freak-your-1658-disboard-posts-determined-that-was-a-lie.jpg

This will be our first FE - I was thinking plastic stemless wineglasses for the adults - a little disney themed vinyl and maybe a few candies for the theatre. Figure we could try and deliver first night and then the glasses can be used for the remainder of the cruise. Any experienced FEs care to share their thoughts?

We would love that! Seriously--great idea :)

Would love that! Cute idea.

We really like receiving glow sticks! They give off the perfect amount of light for nightlights in the bathroom and in our cabin. We also like wearing them on Pirate Night. :) Of course, candy is always gratefully accepted, as well.

Along the lines of the glowsticks, how about those e-light tea lights you get at the dollar store, plus a little wedding favour mesh bag (also from the dollar store) so that you can hang a tea light from your bathroom handle to find the door in the night or to leave in the bathroom.

FA40A96F-54F4-403C-A01B-87E13605D8A4.jpeg We like nice magnets, flash lights, luggage tags, bookmarks, straw cups, and some jewelry. We do not drink so do not appreciate koozies or shot glasses. We also don’t really need any more keychains. We are not a trinket family AT ALL. Must husband would appreciate snacks more than a lot of trinket stuff. I travel well-prepared so come prepared with our own laundry stuff and emergency/first-aid kits.

One unique gift we recvd on a recent cruise was a set of large clips you clip onto a chair that will hold a water bottle.

I will try to upload a pic of the adult gift we gave, personalized wooden “toast tongs”. We use a pair daily in our home to remove hot toast and bagels from our toaster, I hoped others would like one as well.

Argh! Where did you find the DCL toast tongs? That is so cool!

The tongs are from Amazon but I had a friend engrave them for me with DCL logo on one side and family or couple’s names on the other side.

We really like FE gifts we can use, so I wanted to select something I thought people would use as well. But not something that is frequently given by others.

Aanother cute idea we have done is to purchase DCL postcards and stamps. Everyone loves to send postcards to friends and family.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the super-crafty type stuff. From what I've gathered reading the myriads of FE gift threads like this one, I'm similar to a lot of men in that (and this applies to all gifts we receive - not just FE gifts) we prefer things that are practical and we can get use out of (even if it something as simple, common, and ordinary as things like hand sanitizer) as opposed to something more sentimental or just decorative in nature. I've also gathered that most women are the opposite. I know, shocking.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the super-crafty type stuff. From what I've gathered reading the myriads of FE gift threads like this one, I'm similar to a lot of men in that (and this applies to all gifts we receive - not just FE gifts) we prefer things that are practical and we can get use out of (even if it something as simple, common, and ordinary as things like hand sanitizer) as opposed to something more sentimental or just decorative in nature. I've also gathered that most women are the opposite. I know, shocking.
Actually, I'm more like you, and (gasp) I'm female.

Somebody gave us pins for trading. :worship: I loved that idea! Someone else gave us magnets with the cruise dates on them . I have kept them as souvenirs :flower:

We've received many gifts that we loved, but one of the most useful was a puzzle book. (Sudoku/crossword) So easy to carry around and have for those 5 or 10 minutes of waiting before an activity or even on a bus ride.

I just felt like I had to chime in...if you don't like a gift, WHY throw it in the bin, instead of sharing with your fellow cruisers or stateroom hosts? I understand that not everyone can use every gift - it happens, but pixie dust another cabin, or a kid's club CM, or your stateroom host...please don't throw something someone made in the trash unless there's some compelling reason to do so...JMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter