Adult Kid Easter Basket Ideas

Do you always include a chocolate Easter Bunny in the basket ?
And do you have a favorite brand? I love See‘s Candy for chocolate .
Bunny ears are the best

Happy Easter. Is it just me or is Easter a mini-Christmas? I overfilled his basket with: glass bottle of coke (an annual tradition); assorted candy; Burger King gift card; Circul water refills; incense; stuffed Stitch (his favorite); a bottle of grape soda (he wanted one at work but they were out); an 8x10 framed photo collage of his dogs.

My mom used to just make it candy, some money and some random little things for my college years. I liked it. It was just enough (plus most was food aka snacks which for college kids are a godsend). Basically? I would go with stuff they need (some money, chapstick, hair ties for those with long hair, maybe some pens or pencils or a journal) and some chocolate and that would be good.

Wow, some of you really give huge Easter baskets. I mean, we're talking Christmas-level.
My mom always does a treasure hunt for the grandkids
My Auntie Dot always did a BIG Easter egg hunt for us cousins -- we were so excited that we had trouble sitting through lunch. She'd always wrap "the special egg" in tin foil, and whoever found that egg got a BIG chocolate bunny. The plastic eggs contained coins, and we loved finding them. Preschoolers were allowed to hunt five minutes before older kids were "let loose".

Those Easter egg hunts are one of my favorite childhood memories -- yet I've never copied that tradition, and I don't know why.
So, for my kids, here is what I'm getting...
... we're going to Myrtle Beach ...
You have my sympathies.
... consider mesh bags to collect shells in ...
You don't need to buy mesh bags. They're free when you buy a turkey or a ham!
Think of it like a gift card. It is a prepaid drink. The chip represents that it was already paid for. For example, you go into a bar and buy a bucket of beer but instead of it being put on ice they give you poker type chips to represent each bottle. You turn them in as exchange for the next bottle.
I have never heard of that before!
My kids are college students and I send them holiday packages of seasonal candy and snacks and am doing the same this week for Easter. At least in my house, we don’t outgrow candy 😆. They’re especially partial to Starbust jelly beans.
This is off topic /doesn't work with an Easter basket, but this was one of my kids' FAVORITE college treats: I'd call them on a rainy/snowy Sunday afternoon and would begin by asking if they were in the dorm room. If they said yes, I'd hit "order" on the pizza delivery I'd already pulled up. We'd talk a little, and when I saw the pizza was about to be delivered, I'd say, "Well, you have to go now. You've gotta run down to the lobby to pick up your pre-paid, pre-tipped pizza. Enjoy!"
My DS26 (! Today!) is autistic. He's very tricky to buy for, especially since his neurotypical siblings aren't shy about making fancy requests. I try to be as "equal" as I can, but he just doesn't want a whole lot of stuff. For example, he likes a specific type of pen ...
A nice pen is such a nice little luxury. Same could be said of good socks.

Funny thing about my autistic son, who I mentioned up-thread as being tough to buy for. I had gotten both him and his brother currency for the places they'll visit this summer--British pounds for DS26, South Korean won for DS17. I made each a colorful envelope from Hobby Lobby paper to put the money in, just to make it festive. DS26 liked the envelope so much, he said, "I'm keeping this!"--even though I'd glued it shut, so he ripped it to get it open!

This is what it's like with autistic kids--you just never know what's going to thrill them. I'll have to get more of that paper, next time Hobby Lobby has paper on sale.

You all are better than me LOL This was DD22s first Easter away from home. She moved half way across the country after graduating last Spring. The Easter Bunny didn't send a basket or anything - just helped her with her income taxes :tongue:

You all are better than me LOL This was DD22s first Easter away from home. She moved half way across the country after graduating last Spring. The Easter Bunny didn't send a basket or anything - just helped her with her income taxes :tongue:
I mean helping with taxes is a huge deal I would love that and I’m older than your daughter 😂

I know I'm late to the party but I still do baskets for my kids who are 17 and 23. I have the same personalized basket from Pottery Barn that I got on clearance for about $10 many years ago. I usually spend about $25-30 per kid. It's nothing huge but they really look forward to it and enjoy it.

This year DD17 got polaroid film, a new journal/notebook, candy and snacks.

DS23 just bought a new car so I got him air freshener, car cleaning wipes, a small pop up car trash can and upholstery cleaning spray along with candy. He was actually away for Easter weekend but made sure to let me know that he would be back for his Easter basket.

I did see pictures on my IG of Christmas like Easter "baskets." Some kids got multiple baskets with clothes, toys, bicycles. It's up there with the kids that get $100 from the tooth fairy.

So, for my kids, here is what I'm getting...

- Nice adult sand shovels and pails for all 4 (we're going to Myrtle Beach and I know 2 of mine walk the beach for shells and another wants to try to build a sand castle, since we haven't been to a beach in 4 years) - the pail is the Easter basket
- A new set of Speedo goggles for each - see above and pool season - I haven't bought goggles in 3 years, so it's time
- A new medium-end pillow and pillowcase for all 4 - 2 asked for this, and it's time
- A new pair of sneakers for the oldest
- A new cellphone lanyard (actually 2 in case she breaks one) for the 2nd
- A new electric razor for the 3rd
- A new Rubik 3x3x1 puzzle game for the last (who's still not a teen and will appreciate a toy)

And then I got candy. All should be well received. I may drop $10 ecards or Target cards for them as a last minute add if I have time.

Update - kids loved them. Didn't bother with the gift cards, b/c the 3 items each/kid plus candy was fine. Pillows were a HUGE hit...

This is off topic /doesn't work with an Easter basket, but this was one of my kids' FAVORITE college treats: I'd call them on a rainy/snowy Sunday afternoon and would begin by asking if they were in the dorm room. If they said yes, I'd hit "order" on the pizza delivery I'd already pulled up. We'd talk a little, and when I saw the pizza was about to be delivered, I'd say, "Well, you have to go now. You've gotta run down to the lobby to pick up your pre-paid, pre-tipped pizza. Enjoy!"
This is the neatest idea! My oldest is about to graduate from college, so I'm going to try to sneak this in in the next few weeks! What great memories for them!

What is a drink chip? I bartended for years (several states in New England) and have never heard of this. Is it like a gift card?
What is a drink chip? I bartended for years (several states in New England) and have never heard of this. Is it like a gift card?
It’s a token (like a poker chip), wooden or plastic, with a bar or company name on it, good for one beer or rail drink. So yes, basically like a gift card but without a specific monetary value. Bars could give them out as a customer service thing, people could play cards and use them for wagers, you could give them to friends for birthdays or stocking stuffers, etc. Probably many got lost so a good profit for the bars 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter