• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adult only Trip - MVMCP yes or no?

DogwoodDisney

Earning My Ears
If we do MVMCP it will likely be our only MK visit this trip. Never been to MVMCP before, but love MK. Does anyone know what attractions are not open during the party?

Thanks, Sue

We are a couple who will be attending MVMCP for the first time. We have been to several MNSSHPs before but with our kids. Now our kids are adults, and my DH and I go to WDW once each year either with the whole family or just the two of us. This year, it's just the two of us, and I decided I wanted to attend the party. It's something new, and since I'm not a fan of HEA, I'm super excited about seeing the holiday fireworks. Our plan is to ride a few rides, get some of the holiday treats, watch the parade and fireworks, and just enjoy the whole holiday atmosphere. Oh, and we won't miss a Frozen Holiday Wish. We've seen it before and love it!

We are adults and have been to the party several times we love it!

Last edited:

DH and I were thrilled to receive MVMCP tickets for Fathers/Mother's Day this year. We are visiting this year with our two adult DDs, who got their tickets as Mothers' Day gifts, too.

We have all been to numerous parties and this will be our only park entry on this vacation. We will soak up the atmosphere, fireworks, some shows, lots of hot chocolate and cookies and whatever attractions appeal to us in the moment. No obsessive need to see how many times we can ride a mountain or 7DMT this year.

Of course, we will miss that part just a bit, and our dear grandchildren a whole lot!

I went as an adult with two adults and a teenager (who might as well have been an adult.) It was awesome.

Also, every ride we went on was practically a walk-on ride with almost no wait.

I have only been as adults only;) It really is a lot of fun. I guess at some point I need to bring my grandchildren!

DH and I are 40-somethings and we went on our "just the 2 of us" trip last year.
Loved it! Very fun!

I would definitely go! It would be nice to stay til the end and not have to worry about the kids making it that late. Go for it!

Have not done MVMCP, but did MNNSHP last fall adults only and had a great time. I would think its worth doing at least once. Adult only trips area lot of fun and very different than those with kids.

I think I would have really enjoyed it if I hadn't been sick and in pain (I had pneumonia and a crown came off my tooth). Even as it was, I'm glad I went. The parade was so beautiful!

We will be doing our first ever Disney party with MVMCP this December as 2 adults**

**(who are kids at heart :joker:)

Definitely do the party. Just make sure you can take advantage of the late hours.

My boyfriend and I are going to the MVMCP and it will be our sole MK visit. I think it’s totally worth it! The waits are so much shorter, you can pretty much get through all the rides during the party. And I personally love MK at night!

My husband and I will be doing a trip to Disney in November-December and we are doing MVMCP for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter