• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adult only trip

Stefani P.

Mouseketeer
What do you do at night? At home I turn in early because I have early days. But this is vacation!
There are nightclubs and such, right? Wear I can dance the night away?
Do you enjoy those or do you do movies and shows and relax?

We mix it up. We typically go to bed early at home as well but on the cruise it just depends. There are nights we are in bed by 9pm watching movies and just relaxing. We tend to get up at 5am the next day and wander the ship when no one is around. It is a great time to take pictures and enjoy a very quiet ship. There are other nights we go to the adult entertainment (comedy, dancing, bars) until midnight or later. No matter what you do you are sure to have a GREAT time!

What do you do at night? At home I turn in early because I have early days. But this is vacation!

We leave in 5 days for another adults only cruise! We have probably done 10 Disney cruises just the 2 of us!
We love to go to the show (early show 615) then we go to a lounge and have a pre dinner drink, then dinner 815.
We do movies and relax on our verandah, read on deck, go to quiet cove, there's tons of things to do.
And dancing is available too!
This cruise is 14 nights, so we will be taking the ballroom dance lessons onboard, so excited!

You will love it!

We usually do the trivia or whatever they're doing at 7:30, the main show at 8:30 then the adult entertainment (either the game shows or magician) after that. Depending on the theming after that, may hang around for a while for the silent DJ or other dancing. Usually in bed between 11:30 - 1 am

Our first cruise was just my husband and I and we totally enjoyed it. We relaxed in the Adult areas and just explored the ship. Disney does it so well we really didnt notice an overly abundance of kids. Theres so many adult activities, just have a blast!

We stopped planning what we were going to do and just go by what we're feeling at the time. Sometimes we stay out late, sometimes we call it an early night. It's vacation:) We love walking the ship early in the morning when it's quieter, it's fun to see what you'll see at sea when no one else is around. We like a mix of that and staying out and enjoying the ship's entertainment. You'll have fun whatever you decide to do!

Some nights I'll hang out in one of the lounges. Some nights I'll sit on my balcony and watch the sea. Some nights I'll see a movie. Some nights I'll turn in early so I can get up early. It just depends on how my mood strikes me that night.

Well, you can't really "dance the night away" on a Disney ship. Most of the lounge areas close up by midnight/1:00 am. And, even then, they're fairly quiet, with few guests and no live music at that time.

For us it's a good fit, though. We like piano bars (the "old style" ones, not the raucous "let's see how raunchy we can make the lyrics in this song" dueling pianos type). There are movies and shows, typically early in the evening, although the movies can run later on occasion.

As you say "it's a vacation" so relaxing is a good thing. I hate coming back from a vacation needing a vacation because I overdid everything.

We turn in early! We are always so wiped out from the full days activities. After 8 cruises, we have still not managed to make it to any late night activities.

Your evening activities might be determined by the port activities planned for the next day. We turned in early during our Med. cruise because the excursions started at 8ish the next morning. Your Navigator will guide you with loads of things to do, day and night. I agree with those above that let the magic come to them, don't overplan it.

I'm a bit of a late owl and early riser when I'm on vacation so when I'm on the cruise I might be in the bar listening to music, taking pictures of the ship, watching a movie in my stateroom (not very often), relaxing in a comfy chair reading, enjoying a late night snack, doing laundry (if I need to), or up on deck if the weather permits just taking it all in.

And dancing is available too!

I've never seen any real dancing on Magic or Fantasy. The only dancing that my wife and I were able to do was some East Coast Swing and Foxtrot in a corner of La Piazza when there were two musicians doing live music one night (and the only reason that we were able to dance was that there were only 4 other people listening and there was an empty corner we could dance in). I'd love to see an opportunity for real ballroom dancing.

I've never seen any real dancing on Magic or Fantasy. The only dancing that my wife and I were able to do was some East Coast Swing and Foxtrot in a corner of La Piazza when there were two musicians doing live music one night (and the only reason that we were able to dance was that there were only 4 other people listening and there was an empty corner we could dance in). I'd love to see an opportunity for real ballroom dancing.

It's lessons, so the only ones doing the real ballroom dancing with probably be the instructors!! :rotfl2:
The classes are listed in the Navigators, I think on sea days at 2:30, this is a 14 night cruise, I believe they only do this on the longer cruises.

We did our first adults only cruise in January. There is stuff to do every evening until at least midnight. We hung out in the nightclub (Fathoms on the Magic) every night. We preferred to sit in the back and watch the action, but many many people living it up dancing and having a great time. They have a 'silent DJ', where everyone wears headphones and dances, its fun to watch b/c everyone is on a different channel doing their own thing. Most relaxing vacation ever!

Well, you can't really "dance the night away" on a Disney ship. Most of the lounge areas close up by midnight/1:00 am. And, even then, they're fairly quiet, with few guests and no live music at that time.

Fathoms had activities and music going until 1 a.m every night on our last cruise. We turned in about 11:30/midnight most nights but there were a good 25-30 people still going strong when we left.

I've only sailed as adults only. We like to go to the adult only shows they hold at night, they are usually in one of the adult only lounges. They do games and such at 10:30pm or they will have the variety act do an adult version. I believe bars stay open until midnight, but not sure we are usually asleep before that. They will have late night movie showings in the theater.

For us it's a good fit, though. We like piano bars (the "old style" ones, not the raucous "let's see how raunchy we can make the lyrics in this song" dueling pianos type). There are movies and shows, typically early in the evening, although the movies can run later on occasion.

As you say "it's a vacation" so relaxing is a good thing. I hate coming back from a vacation needing a vacation because I overdid everything.

That's dancing the night away for me......... :rotfl2:

We generally are up thru the Adults Only show and then turn in. Exception, as others have said was Europe, going to bed at 10 every day was early departure and 25-30k steps on the Fitbit and the sea days were sleep in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter