Adult ordering kids meal with DP

ShannyMcB

DIS Veteran
Apologies if this has been asked, I'm sure it has but...
Wasn't planning on getting the dining plan as it would not save us money. However, since it appears it may now be included with the disney+ offer now it makes more sense.
My son is considered a Disney adult (will be 12 at time of travel) and I understand him having to pay adult prices at table service. However on our last trip both he and I would often order off the kids menu at QS since adult sized meals were just way more food than either of us could eat and he often preferred the kids offerings.
Utilizing the dining plan would we have to order off the regular menu or could we order off the kids? I saw the dining plan info on mydisney states kids 3-9 must order off the kids menu for QS but it doesn't say adults can't order off the kids.
Just curious as this will slightly alter where we go for QS...need places that offer pizza or chicken strips as regular entrees if he has to order an adult meal.

Not sure what the official policy is, but when I did the free Dining Plans pre-pandemic, I often ordered quick service kids meals as a full grown adult with no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter