• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adult ordering off the kids menu!

C

ant you bring your own?
No. There is no really safe way to bring milk in. We have to buy a drink. Which sucks because two milks is four dollars. So two kids meals at flos would have been 12 dollars. We bought a chicken meal and two milks, which brought it up to 16 bucks. And the kids ate none of it :(.

I would give anything to bring our own food into the parks, but we are traveling from out of state and staying at PPH, taking the bus from the airport since I am only renting a car for a couple days, and cannot figure out a way to bring in meals to save $$$. Thanks for every one's input. I appreciate it.

No. There is no really safe way to bring milk in. We have to buy a drink. Which sucks because two milks is four dollars. So two kids meals at flos would have been 12 dollars. We bought a chicken meal and two milks, which brought it up to 16 bucks. And the kids ate none of it :(.

No, they can't share. They just fight over who got more. And they don't drink much water.

It sounds like you will have to add an extra $4.00 to the dining budget for each restaurant meal to keep the kids happy. Could the adults drink water instead of ordering a beverage or have the adults share some meals during the trip to cover the added cost of the milk? You could also skip some meals in restaurants, buy groceries and bring your own meals to the parks or eat in your room. If you don't have a car you could order groceries from a delivery service or take a bus/taxi/uber/walk to a nearby convenience store, grocery store, Target or Walmart to buy essentials.

There are shelf stable milk boxes for kids lunches. Horizon makes them and I see them in my local grocery store. What is unsafe about a milk box?

---that sucks

There are shelf stable milk boxes for kids lunches. Horizon makes them and I see them in my local grocery store. What is unsafe about a milk box?
Seriously? Shelf stable milk boxes? Did not know such a thing existed. I will have to look for that!

It sounds like you will have to add an extra $4.00 to the dining budget for each restaurant meal to keep the kids happy. Could the adults drink water instead of ordering a beverage or have the adults share some meals during the trip to cover the added cost of the milk? You could also skip some meals in restaurants, buy groceries and bring your own meals to the parks or eat in your room. If you don't have a car you could order groceries from a delivery service or take a bus/taxi/uber/walk to a nearby convenience store, grocery store, Target or Walmart to buy essentials.
We don't get drinks. We get water and make it into kool-aid :). And we do share at times but sometimes with all that walking we get hungry. But my point is that the kids food should be appetizing so that the kids will eat it. And varied like the adult meals. So we don't have to order adult meals for kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter