Adult pool lovers like me, are you insanely disappointed with the Wish's design??

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have many friends on social media going crazy about it, but my reaction was thats its pretty much like all the other ships, but with slightly different themes. Nothing amazingly new and innovative...
This was my thought. I don't see a lot of difference between this and the Fantasy. The Star Wars bar looks kind of cool though. I was hoping there would be more for teens and an 18-21-year-old lounge. So many kids grow up cruising on Disney and are devastated when they age out of the clubs. I think Disney is really missing a chance to do something innovative and market to college kids.

Very sad there’s not more for adults on board. They really make a great ship but need to take a page from Royal Caribbean on activities on board

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have many friends on social media going crazy about it, but my reaction was thats its pretty much like all the other ships, but with slightly different themes. Nothing amazingly new and innovative...

That’s exactly what I said to my wife after the reveal last week.

Wonder if they will have magic bands for keys instead of what they have now?

Wonder if they will have magic bands for keys instead of what they have now?
Eh, I doubt it. Seems like WDW is going to start phasing out magic bands soon with the move to park entry on your cell phone. I’d be surprised if they added it to the ship at this point

I hope the rendering is not to scale but to eliminate satellite falls is very unfortunate. Really not too sure what they were thinking. The pools on the Dream class are tight and crowded to begin with so to shrink that area makes no sense. The infinity hot tubs will be nice though but likely always at capacity.

I hope the rendering is not to scale but to eliminate satellite falls is very unfortunate. Really not too sure what they were thinking. The pools on the Dream class are tight and crowded to begin with so to shrink that area makes no sense. The infinity hot tubs will be nice though but likely always at capacity.
Disney needs to build a much larger boat and create more options and activities to spread out the crowds. Royal Caribbean’s largest ship rarely feel crowded because people are spread out so much because of the many pools and hot tubs and all the other activities. Disney offers very few pools and hot tubs and activities so people gather in the same spots.

Since they greatly expanded the private concierge area and gave them their own pool that took up the Satellite Falls area.

This was my thought. I don't see a lot of difference between this and the Fantasy. The Star Wars bar looks kind of cool though. I was hoping there would be more for teens and an 18-21-year-old lounge. So many kids grow up cruising on Disney and are devastated when they age out of the clubs. I think Disney is really missing a chance to do something innovative and market to college kids.

I was also hoping there would be an 18-21 year old lounge. My daughter will be turning 18 in October 2022. We're going to try to book a 3 day on the Wish so she can check out Vibe before she ages out of it. She wasn't that in to the kids clubs until she became eligible for Edge. Since then she has loved them and will be bummed when she ages out.

They've done me a massive favour. I don't like the length of cruise, the layout or the overly princessy decor. Because of that I don't need to worry about getting a spot on this anytime in the future. Brought my stress levels right down :)

We felt the exact same way. We could have booked today, but after seeing the schematics and sketches, we are going to sit it out until the mad rush passes and we can learn more about the ship. It was liberating.

They've done me a massive favour. I don't like the length of cruise, the layout or the overly princessy decor. Because of that I don't need to worry about getting a spot on this anytime in the future. Brought my stress levels right down :)

It was only the length of the cruise that pushed me away. I would have booked a 7 night cruise on it. I am one of the few who find the new ship mostly appealing.

One thing I am starting to question is whether we want overly-themed restaurants now that my kids are older teens. On our last cruise, Crush was mostly just a nuisance. I am not sure we would enjoy a whole loud production. A short one might be ok. I would love to see Disney have a more elegant quiet dinning room that wasn't an upgrade. One that didn't take reservations and you could just put your name in at the desk and wait to be seated. Aside from being elegant, is that what Cabanas is like in the evenings? Is it quiet or are there lots of children? Is the menu limited? We have never tried it for dinner.

I have always found the adult parts of the ships appealing enough that we would cruise Disney without kids, and actually like the look and location of the adult-only areas of the Wish. But the one thing I am starting to question is the older family dinning experience.

I was also hoping there would be an 18-21 year old lounge. My daughter will be turning 18 in October 2022. We're going to try to book a 3 day on the Wish so she can check out Vibe before she ages out of it. She wasn't that in to the kids clubs until she became eligible for Edge. Since then she has loved them and will be bummed when she ages out.
Our last cruise was on Royal and he really liked that teen club. I’m trying to figure out how to do three cruises next year before he turns 18 in September. Id need to win the lotto to do three Disney cruises. I’ve got Odyssey, and Mardi Gras booked. I can’t decide between b2b Wish or the TA on the Magic for his last time in the vibe.

Our last cruise was on Royal and he really liked that teen club. I’m trying to figure out how to do three cruises next year before he turns 18 in September. Id need to win the lotto to do three Disney cruises. I’ve got Odyssey, and Mardi Gras booked. I can’t decide between b2b Wish or the TA on the Magic for his last time in the vibe.

I’m in the same boat as you guys my son will be 17 next January so we have 3 cruises booked so he can enjoy the clubs too. He loves the clubs and has lost two years of cruises due to COVID since it’s both spring breaks and summers when we tend to cruise.

I’m in the same boat as you guys my son will be 17 next January so we have 3 cruises booked so he can enjoy the clubs too. He loves the clubs and has lost two years of cruises due to COVID since it’s both spring breaks and summers when we tend to cruise.

We cruised on the Fantasy last February, only a few weeks before the shutdown, because our son wanted to get one last DCL cruise in before he turned 18 and aged out of Vibe since he loved it so much. He turned 19 a few weeks ago, so an 18-21 club would be great. However, I don't know that most cruises have a very large number of people in that age range...at least not enough to dedicate another space just for that group.

Last edited:
We cruised on the Fantasy last February, only a weeks before the shutdown, because our son wanted to get one last DCL cruise in before he turned 18 and aged out of Vibe since he loved it so much. He turned 19 a few weeks ago, so an 18-21 club would be great. However, I don't know that most cruises have a very large number of people in that age range...at least not enough to dedicate another space just for that group.
I know they try to do 18-21 meets and activities but they don’t have a dedicated space unfortunately.

We cruised on the Fantasy last February, only a few weeks before the shutdown, because our son wanted to get one last DCL cruise in before he turned 18 and aged out of Vibe since he loved it so much. He turned 19 a few weeks ago, so an 18-21 club would be great. However, I don't know that most cruises have a very large number of people in that age range...at least not enough to dedicate another space just for that group.
There are quite a few on the Summer European sailings, but you are right it would probably be hard to fill in the off season.

One thing I am starting to question is whether we want overly-themed restaurants now that my kids are older teens. On our last cruise, Crush was mostly just a nuisance. I am not sure we would enjoy a whole loud production. A short one might be ok.

That was our kids reaction. I outlined the Arendelle & Marvel restaurants and got blank stares from our oldest (16) and Twin #1 (14). Twin #2 snorted and replied, "No thanks."

We've 4 cruises on the books with Disney. After they're done, my wife and I are going to look at Cunard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter