Adult rider swap

cove61

Earning My Ears
So I'm taking my adult brother (he has ds) and son in Feb.
Some days my brother can be brave, other days less so. So planning what rides we can try is very much based on his mood on day.
My question is if we book FP or stand in line and he refuses to go on, can myself or my son wait with him whilst other rides (like parent child swap). My son is adult also.

Can he do the queue and wait at the boarding area? That’s the standard “rider swap” for guests who meet the height requirement. You can certainly ask about the digital rider swap as used for young kids, but success with that for those “tall enough” is spotty.

Enjoy your vacation

My question is if we book FP or stand in line and he refuses to go on, can myself or my son wait with him whilst other rides (like parent child swap). My son is adult also.

If you have fast passes, you might not need any accommodation at all. The FP window is usually open for an hour. If you arrange for Person #1 to get in line shortly after the window opens, then Person #2 could wait with your brother. After Person #1 rides, there should be enough time for Person #2 to enter the FP queue before the window closes.

So I'm taking my adult brother (he has ds) and son in Feb.
Some days my brother can be brave, other days less so. So planning what rides we can try is very much based on his mood on day.

If he refuses to go on at the ride vehicle, he can take the "chicken exit" and wait at the exit.

@cove61 - Can he wait alone if he gets through the queue, and decides he doesn't want to/can't ride? Cast Members can show him where the exit is, and he can go wait if needed.

If he can't wait alone, then you will have to fall back to @lanejudy's or @design_mom's suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter