*Adult* wedding guests who should not have been invited...

My half-sister is one of those people who is waiting for either a huge payout from a slip-and-fall lawsuit or her shot at a reality TV show. I barely tolerate her. Since being let out of prison, she lived with my mother. Anyway, I was not planning on inviting her to our small, intimate wedding at Disney's Boardwalk. My mother really wanted her there, however. I wanted my mother to feel happy and respected, but I also knew my sister would try to cause some sort of shenanigans. We came up with plans to head her off at the pass: no verbal altercations, no matter how rude she got, allow Disney security to handle her if she got belligerent, two or three people ran interference and stayed close to her at all times, we planned for her to bring two uninvited guests and just paid ahead for them, etc. Keeping DFTW coordinators and security in the loop was the ticket. Those people were like Special Ops. She did manage to get over to me and tell me how much our mother hated the lovely blue silk dress I picked out for her. She left early because it wasn't any fun for her. Disney wedding-worth every penny.

My sister married an army officer and all the groomsmen had served in ROTC together. They got married the weekend after graduation and this was the big hooray before everyone went off to their assignment. Obviously there was way more drinking than necessary and one of the groomsmen tried to make out with my mom on the dance floor. My mom is a lovely women but "clutch your pearls" conservative and was a distinctly older woman...my father was not amused. My brother and I thought this was the funniest thing we'd ever seen.

My wedding- my husbands good friend was a groomsman and his 3 year old our ring bearer. Apparently D and his wife were going through a divorce but didn't want to ruin our wedding so hadn't told any of us. She was on some sort of antidepressants and had a few glasses of wine...then went and passed out on the outdoor veranda. When my brother and her husband carried her and their little one to the car she leaned over and threw up all over the toddler (which at the time i thought made her one of the worst mothers in the world but now that I've had my own child throw up on my dozens of times seems like fair play). I find out about all,of this the next day when a trash bag of tuxes shows up covered in vomit. Tux rental place said no worries happens all the time.

We did not have alcohol at our evening reception either. DH was a little taken aback at first at the idea, but neither he or I ever drink, and I didn't want any issues caused by drinking. Probably nobody would have gotten out of hand, but everybody got along fine without it and we saved money :)

I just wanted to say I love your Avatar!! Merida is my fave & your daughter did it? WOW!!!

I had a groomsman who butted in on a family picture at our rehearsal dinner and asked my mom if he could be in on the inheritance. He's a constant topic of conversation among my circle of friends for his obnoxiousness. My wife protested against him being in the wedding. My brother posted something on facebook during the wedding saying he apologized to anyone he considered a douche before, because he just met the Michael Jordan of douches. I haven't seen him very often since the wedding, I guess we've grown apart. What nobody realizes is, those were all the reasons why I wanted him in the wedding. You can't buy those memories.

I want to go to all of your weddings. I've been to MANY MANY weddings before and not once did I ever get a story good enough to post. That's not fair! I demand something for all of those gifts I bought. I'm talking full-open bar weddings, too.

My wedding: Groom gets off elevator at Hotel says car blew up, I'm thinking oh snap not way I wanted to start married life. I drove self and few bridesmaids to wedding, at wedding in park trying to figure out where to stick car keys as I can't see my groom, my dad is busy with lord knows what, I don't trust my brother, and it's only us girls so key went in BRA, nice bulge even. After Wedding, Officant manages to roll down hill that is rain slicked, muddy grass, I'm trying to get now hubs attention so he can explain to others how to get back to hotel, while I'm getting soaked and on verge of strangling MOH. WE get back to hotel get changed into casual clothing to go out for dinner and MOH is still gone with her mother who knows where, finally get call from her they were in minor accident, can I come get her on way to dinner. Get her, get to dinner and I'm telling you I NEEDED a drink. rest of night was better.
Next day at Reception: Bridesmaids, Me and my mother go to decorate room and basically had to do banquet hall staff job. Got things done go back to hotel to get hubs, and rest of crew, drive back to hall and had recep. at some point my brother got a hold of my car keys and decorated my car like groomsmen do but took it bit far, drawing hang men and other things that I didn't feel needed to be on wedding car.

Friends ( MOH) wedding year later in Utah, we flew into Vegas because it was cheaper. Drove to Utah and being nice bridesmaid try to help with last minute details. Bride has NO CLUE so that was wash. I asked her where good Pizza place was She gives me directions to Starbucks, I finally got phone book from mom of bride and looked up info for pizza myself, hubs and I had pizza at hotel.
rehersal needed a rehersal. Bride had no idea who was MOH, who was doing reading etc.
Day of wedding we agree to pick up flowers and bring to church since we are closest to florist. 10 min before we are to leave get call from bride bring dress up so we can steam it, ya like 2.5 hrs before wedding, I'm 30 min south of you, not happening, dress is fine, see you at church. We get to church w flowers no one around.

We went to an outdoor wedding this past weekend. There was a guy there who wasn't dressed like anyone else. Had on khaki shorts, tennis shoes and a ball cap. Well, everyone thought maybe he was just way underdressed. We later saw a woman with him who was dressed more appropriately for a wedding. They sat at the table with my boss and told him that they were thinking of getting married at the venue. We found out on Monday that the couple had been arrested for stealing gift cards from the gift table. (Yes, we're in the south, so people bring gifts and/or gift cards as well as money.

My fave was from a couple months ago. One of the female guests of the Bride used to date one of the male guests of the groom. They are both married to other people now. Both had way too much to drink and ended up Twerking on the dance floor together. Spouses were not pleased. To make it even more hysterical, the wedding photographer had a picture of it to showcase how great he is at "capturing fun moments" on his Facebook page. The happy couple had to request that it be taken down. Good times!

Here's the scenario (about 30 years ago): Young bride is marrying older "mystery man" (you know...nobody knows much about him, how he makes his money - "he has deals", he's out of town and unreachable a lot, etc.).

The wedding is in a nice hotel. Wedding is going to start shortly but the groom hasn't showed up yet (he's supposed to be bringing the officiant with him). Now, her (definitely uninvited) ex-boyfriend walks in. He's tipsy but is behaving himself, so he's allowed to stay.

"Mystery Groom" arrives in a tux but with no officiant with him. He does however, have a teenage boy with him who is apparently a son that nobody knew about. All concerned adjourn to another room for discussion. Father of the bride comes out shortly and says there is not going to be a wedding today but please help yourself to drinks and snacks and he will be back out in a while. Some people leave but most want to hang around and find out what's happened.

Some of the wedding party come back out (needless to say, the bride has departed) and slowly the word gets out: "Mystery Groom" (hereafter referred to as "Scum of the Earth") hasn't actually got around to divorcing his last wife yet. Buzz, buzz, buzz. "Scum of the Earth" then comes out and is circulating around talking to people. Afore-mentioned ex-boyfriend approaches him with his hand out. "Scum" obviously thinks he means to shake his hand and extends his. Ex-boyfriend then delivers a KO punch directly to "Scum's" nose and knocks him unconscious. Ex-boyfriend is spirited away. "Scum" is carted off to the emergency room where he will hopefully have some human decency transplanted.

Everybody drinks as much as possible, presents brought to the hotel are handed back and all concerned go home to start life over.

Two years later, bride marries a real nice guy and as far as I know, has lived happily ever after.

I'm disappointed. I was hoping she'd end up marrying the ex-boyfriend!

I don't necessarily know that these are reasons to regret inviting, but they fit the thread.

1) All of my groomsmen and all of my wife's bridesmaids had....sexual relations....in between the time we chose them and our wedding, sans the best man and matron of honor. One of those couples knew each other before meeting for wedding activities, they were engaged and broke it off before the wedding. So, the awkwardness at the aisle was hilarious. Walking partners had to be changed, the dances were priceless. Luckily, on the actual wedding day everyone were good sports.

2) Same wedding, one of my mother's best friend/coworker (age 45) danced in the absolute most vulgar way I have ever seen with one of my groomsmen (age 21). Which was hilarious. We got it on video. He felt a bit different about it, especially when she tried to go home with him....and squatted in the parking lot to pee later.

3) My bride's mother called her a week before to inform her that she was skipping out on the wedding because of a feud going on at the time. DW had decided not to invite one of her brother's and his wife because we don't get along. So her mother said if they can't come she wasn't either. A few minutes later, the grandparents of the bride called to say that if the mother wasn't coming, they weren't either. Anyway, two days before the wedding, the grandparents retracted their threat and came to the wedding. They were not allowed to see DW or communicate with her before the wedding, in fear that they would attempt to upset her about the feud. They looked like they were at a funeral, and left immediately after the ceremony.

So lots of drama at our wedding. Funny enough, we had both heavily debated over whether we should have the wedding in Beverly Hills, Disney, or at our hometown in Virginia at a plantation house. We chose the plantation house because our families had complained that they wouldn't be able to come if we had it out of town. So we stayed close by for our family, not for us. Half of them didn't show anyway, and the feud above happened. If we could do it over again, we would have gotten married at the Grand Floridian. So, note for all of you that haven't been hitched yet: Get married where YOU want.

Last edited:
The only one at our wedding was DH's former roommate. He had just gotten home from chaperoning a senior trip to Mexico, and he had picked up a bug somewhere along the way. About 15 minutes before the ceremony began, he threw up all over the floor while sitting in the pew. My brothers had to help clean it up. Even now he's referred to in my family as "That guy who threw up at Kris's wedding". :)

At my cousin's wedding, her other cousin's husband asked me if I wanted to go do drugs with him in the hotel room. Then, later, punched a hole in the wall of the very nice wedding venue...

Thankfully there were no issues at our wedding.

He wasn't exactly a guest, but the officiant at my cousin's wedding was high. Really high. He couldn't remember the bride's/groom's names. He got the giggles during the ceremony. It was memorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter