Adult wisdom teeth removal

I had mine removed in my thirties and forties with only local anesthetic. I was fine by evening and simply followed the instructions about eating, drinking and taking proper care of the incision sites for a week or so. I felt entirely normal with a couple stitched areas in my mouth the next morning.

My DD had two pulled this weekend end and will have the other two pulled this weekend because they were too infected to pull this week. She was fine after having them pulled. She was scared to death and when she got done she said that was no big deal.

She had it done on Thursday evening and rested on Friday. Went to the movies with friends on Saturday and a birthday party on Sunday and went back to college today.

it Looks like dh might have his removed but I couldn’t remember how long it took to recover and we have one thing after another coming up

Thanksgiving
Christmas
My dads annual visit
Our Disney trip

And I don’t think the surgeon will let us wait till April then there is Easter

I had mine out as an adult using local anesthetic. I was fine by that evening, although I did have some swelling and stiffness in my jaw, so I couldn't eat some things, but otherwise I was perfectly fine.

it Looks like dh might have his removed but I couldn’t remember how long it took to recover and we have one thing after another coming up

Thanksgiving
Christmas
My dads annual visit
Our Disney trip

And I don’t think the surgeon will let us wait till April then there is Easter

No need to wait. My oldest daughter had hers out a couple years ago while home for Christmas break from college. Aside from being unable to drive herself home after the procedure because she was unconscious during the surgery she recovered as easily as I did. If you can schedule between now and a week before Thanksgiving, that should be fine. Schedule between Thanksgiving and a week before Christmas if it needs to be pushed further out. You're making this a bigger issue than it needs to be.

I had mine out with general anesthesia as an adult, 3 of the 4 were impacted. I had it done on a Friday and went back to work the following Monday. I was a little sore and had to be careful eating for a week or so, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I don't think an adult would need 2 weeks off work or anything. My 16-yo son had his done in August, and he was not supposed to practice or play soccer for two weeks (he did anyway after 5 days and he was fine), but he could do everything else.

I had all 4 of mine removed when I was 18. They were removed the Friday before Thanksgiving. I missed school that day but returned to class and work on Monday. I ate limited foods that week, which was good and bad because I kind of missed Thanksgiving. In the end I was functional (work/school) after 3 days. Eating resumed to normal after a week.

Could be 2-3 days of anesthesia fog (if given general anesthesia) and then back to normal. It's not usually a big deal. I had mine out on a Friday and was back to work on Monday. Daughter had hers out and was in bed the rest of the day, next day she was fine.

I am so glad I am making a bigger deal out of it then it needs to be because I pretty much remember a nightmare when I had mine removed 15 years ago

A week at most will be needed. I have a very small mouth and always have long recovery times after dentist procedures. I was put under for my wisdom teeth removal on a Friday and needed the whole weekend to recover as I was bleeding and could barely open my mouth at all. The next week I was super sore and could only eat limited foods, but it really wasn't that horrible. After that things were fine. Honestly the worst part of the whole thing was the nasty mouthwash you have to use and cleaning out the wounds *shudders*

I had mine removed as an adult. I only had three - one never developed.

I was given a Xanax to take about 45 minutes prior to the start. I knew it was taking effect when I was extremely fascinated by my fingers in the waiting room. During the actual removal, I was given gas.

Two were simple extractions, but one was growing sideways under the gum, so it had to be broken and removed piecemeal.

The extractions were sore, but went away quickly. Maybe a day or two at most. The area around the one that had to be broken was sore for much longer. I can remember it acting up a week later.

I had 4 out at once as an adult and had a horrible time with it - my daughter had her 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed and was back in school the next day

It depends on how the "roots" are located. Mine was very easy. I was fine the next day. My roots where straight up and down so they came out easily. My sisters roots were sideways and hard to extract. She was in bed for a week. Your dentist should be able to show you your xrays and tell you how easy/hard the extraction should be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter