Adults are only kids grown up!- October 2015 PTR (Updated 10/06)

SpacePod

Earning My Ears
:flower:WELCOME!:flower:

Hi There! I'm Spacepod. This is not only my first time doing a Pre-Trip Report, but also my first time planning my own WDW vacation! Sorry if this ride is a bit bumpy- I'm excited and hope you are too!

I just joined the boards after lurking for a couple of months, right after I discovered that I actually could go to Disney, and I could really have the vacation I've been dreaming about for years! (After a bit of planning and good luck, of course!)

I guess I should introduce the two of us- Space and Space BF.
web_zps1bqhlpws.jpg

Just a couple of goofs!:goofy:I had a hard time finding a picture of us that didn't include silly faces!

Spacepod-
By day, I'm an IT admin. By night, I'm a crafty disney animation addict! Some of my favorites:
Animation:Lilo & Stitch or WALL-E (I couldn't chooose!)
Character: Merlin (Sword and the Stone)
Park: Epcot
Ride: Mission:Space

DBF/Mathman-
By day, a statistics grad student. By night... still doing homework!! haha. Some of his favorites:
Animation: Robin Hood
Character: Carl (Up)
Park: Epcot
Ride: Maelstrom :sad: (no offense to Frozen fans!)

To sum this dream trip up- I haven't been to disney since I was a kid. My family never got the chance to stay more than a weekend, so there is a lot of things I've never had a chance to do! As soon as I told Mathman about it, he was instantly excited because it's also been years for him. His family was the complete opposite of mine- they drove, camped, and went for extended periods of time. I wanted to plan a trip that was full of firsts for both of us- Staying onsite at a resort, staying for more than a few days, flying, and celebrating with Disney's special events! We eventually decided on the dates October 22nd-October 29th, 2015!

So once on board this PTR, remain safely seated with your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside. I hope you all enjoy- this will be one magical ride!!

Last edited:
:flower:Ticket Tango!:flower:
Originally I wasn't planning on making a PTR... I decided that it would be nice not only to have as a keepsake of my planning (to compliment my binder) but also as a way of having feedback on my planning so I could have some insider insights to help me along! So now I'm playing a little bit of catchup for you all. I have a few things finished already!

Knowing almost nothing about Disney was a big challenge, especially when trying to find tickets. So much has changed! I scoured a bunch of different vendors, and a dozen of the planning sites to find the best deal I could. Luckily, I have a boss who regularly visits WDW and he tipped me off of a deal on the new employee discount program. I was able to get 5 park hopper days for the price of 3. I was shocked when it turned out to be far cheaper than the standard ticket prices from Disney, and a bit cheaper than another highly recommended discount disney ticket site. Thankfully, I was able to purchase the tickets and link them to my Disney experience account before the deal ended. Score! One task down, a million to go!

214 Days!

I will be there during most of the same dates! Good luck planning! Can't wait for more.

:flower:Relaxing Resort:flower:
As I had mentioned before, I was adamant on staying on Disney property. There's something romantic about having the whole package- themed rooms, pools, and restaurants just a few minutes away from the magic of the parks. The cost, however, was something that I wasn't looking forward to. I'm the person who usually scouts out the cheapest hotels on a trip, and in college was very familiar with sleeping in hostels and church basements while traveling. I knew there were better, less expensive options off property, but I knew that staying onsite was one of our vacation musts. To avoid the temptation to save a buck- I just didn't look at the alternatives. :laughing:

On the days leading up to my decision to actually go ahead and book the vacation, I was knee deep in pictures, facts, and price ranges of every resort. MathMan and I both agreed that although the Contemporary was amazing and beautiful and most likely the dream resort for both of us- there was no way we could part with the cash needed to stay in the A frame. :( After, I fell in love with the new Wilderness Lodge. Complete 180 in styling, I know! I've always thought the turn of the century Arts n' Crafts style was very cool. Although I've heard this resort is probably best seen decorated at Christmas, I was in awe of the lobby and pictures from the walking paths. Ultimately I knew it probably wasn't the best for this trip, but if we go again -ahem- when we go again this is the resort we will be staying at!

With our budget, we decided that it was alright just to splurge a little. Sure, we'd probably save more at a value resort than the one we picked, but when do we get a chance to go to Disney? Or for a matter of fact- a vacation at all?! This resort was just the glass slipper that fit. Beautiful grounds lit by gaslight, enjoyable one-pot dishes in the food court, good ol' fashioned transportation, beautiful river front views... You guys probably already know where I'm talking about, but in case you haven't gotten the hints-
Doubloon-Lagoon-Pool-003.jpg

(Thanks WDWInfo for taking such great photos of everything!)

Yep! I booked a King Bed room at Port Orleans: French Quarter. I was debating getting a normal room and using the extra queen bed for our stuff, but I think DBF is with me on the more sleeping room, the better! I'm very excited about staying here. The rooms look great, and I think DBF is going to enjoy having beignets for breakfast during our stay.

One question to those Disney veterans- A few planning sites mention faxing room requests to the resort. I know a few businesses still use fax, but in the age of the Magic Band, does Disney really still use fax machines? Or will a call/email suffice for a request for a river-view room?

213 Days!

Last edited:
:flower:Break for a Birthday!:flower:

Over the weekend I hosted my birthday party! I'm a bit of a planner, so every year I throw myself a themed birthday party. My actual birthday was earlier this month, but I had to work the weekend before and after my birthday, so I didn't have a chance to play host to the usual shenanigans that happen at our house parties. I turned 26!! So in honor of being an adult (Paying bills, going to work, dealing with boring and dumb stuff myself) I decided that I wanted to have a Pajama Party and to build a blanket fort!

Building a blanket fort for about 15 adults was a bit of a challenge (especially since we live in a newer rental and can't use nails...) but it was super fun once it was all up in it's haphazard glory!! We sipped on soda, and munched on goodie bags full of gushers, fruit rollups, warheads, and all other sorts of 90's kids snacks. I even went ahead and made Dunkaroo dip. (It was delicious! I highly recommend this recipe. It's so much closer than just the canned frosting. Just be sure to use vanilla full fat regular yogurt!) Unfortunately I didn't manage to take any good photos of the event, otherwise I'd share it with you guys!

My friends graciously gave me a few really cool gifts, but I wanted to share these specific ones with you!

bag_zpsyv6afu2t.jpg

I thought a backpack would be too big for a touring bag, but I really want to take my DSLR into the parks. This little bag DBF bought is the perfect compromise! It's a sling bag, so it's easy on and off for rides. The camera and attached lens can slip into one side, and the other is enough room for another lens. However, I'm only planning on bringing one lens, so it has enough room for sunscreen, ponchos, and whatever else we'd like to bring. The front zip pocket (in the flap with the pins) has pockets for cellphones and a wallet and the side pockets have mesh for small waterbottles, so I feel like this is going to make the perfect bag for touring with a camera.

pins_zpsymp44k3m.jpg

My roommates have been dealing with all my chatter about our Disney trip. (I vow to say "I'm excited!" at least once a day!) They decided to add to the excitement and get me a plethora of disney pins for trading in the park! I was planning on collecting pressed pennies, but I am really looking forward to trading these! Hopefully I can cover my bag with the pins we get in the park! They also got me a really cute Aurora cameo (I collect vintage cameos) that I'll have to work into at least one of my outfits while I'm there!

And to prove that I haven't just been partying it up in the time that I haven't been posting, I'll leave you guys with this sneak peak on what I've actually been working on...

sneakpeak_zps1se2z5ed.jpg

207 Days!

:flower:April Crafting:flower:
So I was busy the last week or so. I'm not sure what it was, but I was bitten by the crafting bug! I went ahead and made all my mousekeeping envelopes. I was inspired by Kayemgi's amazing mouskeeping envelopes. Although I'm a bit rusty (I haven't done any real design work since I graduated almost 5 years ago...) I thought they came out really cute! I ended up just using screenshots from each movie as it was much easier than illustrating on each one. Please mind my cutting mat. This thing is a good 10+ years old, and I use it for literally everything!

envelopes2_zpsifpmacow.jpg

Sorry the font is a bit small in the photos!
Stitch: Thank you Mousekeeping for keeping our room contained
Snow White: Thank you Mousekeeping! (I couldn't think of anything witty for this one...)
Lion King: Hakuna Matata- It means no worries for the rest of our stay! Thank You Mousekeeping

envelopes1_zpsifhbbylg.jpg

Peter Pan: Thank you Mousekeeping for keeping everything ship-shape
Robin Hood: Oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally, Golly, you made our day! Thank You Mousekeeping
Monster's Inc: Thanks Mousekeeping, no code 2319's!
Sword in the Stone: Keeping things tidy with your magic! Thanks Mousekeeping

Each one has a cute little image on the back flap too!
Stitch: Stitch in his spacesuit
Snow White: Little Blue Bird
Lion King: Painting of Simba from Rafiki's hut
Peter Pan: Tinkerbell
Robin Hood: Sir Hiss
Monster's Inc: Sock
Sword and the Stone: Archimedes looking grumpy

Other than the envelopes, I've been filling out my binder by casually planning. (Is there such thing? haha!) I already have my chosen parks for each day, but I'm waiting to book my ADRs for any concrete plans. Here's a quick picture of how I decorated the cover:

binder_zpsdsfmuzos.jpg

Mickey's head isn't taped down, so he roams around in the cover sleeve. Usually he's a bit more under Didney. Didney is the endearing term DBF and I have bestowed on this trip after a spoonerism during an excited conversation about it. I thought it would be cute to include on the binder.

Aaaand I went ahead and made our penny pressing bottles and cleaned all our pre-1980 pennies. (I told you I had been bitten!!) DBF and I still haven't chosen which of the pennies we'd like to get, so I still have something to work on.

pennies_zpsxpszxhs0.jpg

It was a little strange to make Halloween themed things in April, but I think they came out great. I modge-podged the slips on, then taped over them to make sure the ink/paste wouldn't get runny or soggy in the Florida humidity. The images are from Jayro Design. He's an illustrator (animator?) for Cartoon network. You all should check him out, his stuff is super cute!!

I guess that's about it for the Disney side of this update. Overall I've been doing great! I'm still very excited about the trip and anxious to make my ADRs. I love food, so it's a real treat to be able to eat in the World. (Especially during F&W!)

Speaking of food, here's what I made to bring to the family Easter dinner:

popovers1_zpsr1ueq3r0.jpg

These popovers are the biggest that I have ever made!! I ended up trying a new recipe, and this one (with an addition of slightly warm milk) just made GIANT popovers! I'll definitely be using this going forward. I also made a double batch of maple butter to go with them. I doubt all this will be used during dinner, but it's great on toast for breakfast!

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

*~200 Days!~*

:flower:A Magical Thrift-Shop Find:flower:

Happy Spring!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! It was absolutely beautiful up here in New England. Not all the snow is gone yet, but it's certainly on it's way out!

Two big things for the Disney to-do list have been checked off!!

Plane tickets! Originally I wanted to wait a bit longer to buy these so I could save a bit of money. I know that the sweet spot is about 7 weeks out, but I was nervous as there were only two direct flights to Orlando from the airport we prefer on the date we needed to leave! I purchased two Southwest tickets, with early check in, to depart at 6:45 in the morning. We'll be arriving at Orlando about 10 AM. Just enough time to get coffee before the flight, and we'll land and be at Port Orleans just in time for a late breakfast/early lunch! Honestly, I wish we could have left a bit later, but this gives us time to hang around the resort before...

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! Yes!! I love love love everything about Halloween and I am so excited about this party, I can't even begin to describe it. I bought the tickets for the Party on October 22nd! It will be a really long day after the early flight, but I'm hoping my first day excitement (and the candy) will keep me up until this party ends!! :hyper:

Onto some life news- DBF was away this weekend, and I had to work Friday night and Saturday morning. ...Which meant I had Saturday evening and Sunday all to myself! Naturally I used this time to catch up on things that I don't normally have time to do. I planted a few seeds for a porch garden, I went to the craft store to pick up a few things I was out of, and I went thrifting! You will not believe what I found at a local thrift store....
headband_zpsvadu97rs.jpg

It even glows in the dark!! So I guess this sealed the deal on the costume I will be wearing!! *HintBestPrincessEverHint* I shared it with DBF, and while he was impressed with the find, he really didn't want to be the prince. Or a dwarf. Weirdly, he really wanted to be Humburt the Huntsman. I actually haven't watched Snow White in forever, so I totally forgot he was a character in the animated version as well! Now seeing screencaps from the film, I totally agree. I'm very excited to start on the costumes!

20070808133312humbert.jpg

Have you folks been to MNSSHP? Any tips you want to share with a first-timer? (Besides "Get candy." I'm all about the trick or treating!!)

190 Days!

Those apple mouse ears are so cool and unique! What an awesome find :teeth: Can't wait to see pics of your costumes~

Those apple mouse ears are so cool and unique! What an awesome find :teeth: Can't wait to see pics of your costumes~

Thanks, I'm very excited that I found them! I did a bit of research and found that they were released September 2013 for a villain's event, apparently a limited release. Not sure how or why they ended up in a small thrift store among naked barbies and partially-chewed stuffed animals, but they really saved me from months of costume indecision!

I was never big into mickey ears until now. Do you have any interesting ears you've collected from previous trips (...or accidental thrift store finds)?

:flower:ADRs A'Comin':flower:

Hey there!

I think everything in the world was out to get me last week. My coworker took some time off, so I was doing double-duty on top of being on call. The last few days of last week kept me busy from 7am to 11pm. Then, on Friday the BF let me know that he didn't have a gift for his Mother's birthday, which was the following day. UGH!
:faint: I ended up sewing a quick apron and some cute heart-shaped oven mitts for him to bring, also managing to teach him the art of homemade bias tape in the process. I feel slightly insane for taking up such a project when I had my ADR date in the morning! After 4 hours of sleep, I was not a happy camper having to get up so early to attempt my first time reserving tables at Disney. (And now, not getting pictures of what I spent my night doing!)

Now that I have slept for about 2 days straight, I'm happy to report my selections!
scifi_zps0d25ssso.jpg

wcc_zpsnoqm3nyh.jpg

bog_zpssp9mak7e.jpg

So the plans for meals end up like this

Thursday, October 22nd- MK
  • Breakfast @ Airport
  • Lunch @ Sassagoula Floatworks
  • Dinner @ Gaston's Tavern
  • MNSSHP Snacks and candy!!
Friday, October 23rd-HS
  • Breakfast Beignets @ Sassagoula Floatworks
  • Lunch @ Fairfax Fare
  • Dinner @ Sci-Fi Dine-in Restaurant
Saturday, October 24th-AK
  • Lunch @ Yak n' Yeti CS
  • Dinner @ Flametree BBQ
Sunday, October 25th- DTD & Resort Touring
  • Lunch @ Earl of Sandwich
  • Drinks @ Trader Sam's
  • Dinner @ Whispering Canyon
Monday, October 26th- EP
  • All of the food Kiosks @ F&W
Tuesday October 27th-MK
  • Lunch @ Sleepy Hallow
  • Dinner @ Be Our Guest
  • Snack @ Aloha Isle
Wednesday October 28th- MK& EP
  • Playing by ear
Thursday, October 29th
  • Breakfast @ Airport

A lot of breakfast aren't listed as we're not really breakfast types. I will probably pack a box of protein bars if we do need a little something in the morning. There also will be a lot of snacking involved too, but I'm not going to plan all the snacks this early.

I'm ready to
eat_all_the_foods.gif

178 Days!

Ooo! Making me hungry!
Can you believe I'd been asking my family for days to tell me where they wanted to eat but then when the day came I flaked and forgot to make ADRs?!? Seriously! We still got what we wanted though.

ADR day down, what's next?

Just found your PTR tonight. My DH and I will be at POFQ 10/17-10/25 celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary! You will LOVE this resort....very beautiful, relaxing and romantic. Did my ADR's last week at 6am and got everything we wanted. Already tweaked them a few days ago and ended up with even more ADR's then originally planned....:rotfl2: Now we just wait for the 60 day mark to make our FP+. Hope you have a magical trip and maybe I will recognize you in the food court at FQ!

Have you folks been to MNSSHP? Any tips you want to share with a first-timer? (Besides "Get candy." I'm all about the trick or treating!!)

We went to MNSSHP a very long time ago. I was only 8 so I don't have a lot of advice other than avoid Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee because they made me cry...

Your trip looks like its going to be so much fun!

Ooo! Making me hungry!
Can you believe I'd been asking my family for days to tell me where they wanted to eat but then when the day came I flaked and forgot to make ADRs?!? Seriously! We still got what we wanted though.
ADR day down, what's next?

Wow, lucky! I've done similar things before, but I vowed to be on time with everything this trip. It's going to be tough, though. I'm normally such a big flake! :laughing: What did you end up reserving? Trying anything new?

Just found your PTR tonight. My DH and I will be at POFQ 10/17-10/25 celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary! You will LOVE this resort....very beautiful, relaxing and romantic. Did my ADR's last week at 6am and got everything we wanted. Already tweaked them a few days ago and ended up with even more ADR's then originally planned....:rotfl2: Now we just wait for the 60 day mark to make our FP+. Hope you have a magical trip and maybe I will recognize you in the food court at FQ!

Aw! How romantic!! Congratulations on the long haul, and wishing you two many more magical years to come! If you see us, please say hello!
It's good to know that changing and adding reservations is as simple as making the originals. I wanted to book a breakfast, but I think I'll wait until we are closer to our trip to see if I'm up for one.
I'm also not looking forward to the torturous wait until FP+ day arrives. Are you doing anything special to keep excited about your trip?

We went to MNSSHP a very long time ago. I was only 8 so I don't have a lot of advice other than avoid Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee because they made me cry...

Your trip looks like its going to be so much fun!
I have a secret confession- I am actually afraid of mascot characters! I'm going to try my best to follow your advice, because they'd probably make me cry too!

I have a secret confession- I am actually afraid of mascot characters! I'm going to try my best to follow your advice, because they'd probably make me cry too!

The good news is that they're [mascot characters in general] pretty easy to avoid.

:flower:Double Digits!:flower:

It's been a while! In fact, it's been 79 days. You know what that means!!

kAIW9ZyMYdZln1LlaRLB93xBzj_GwATYvkm8G-AuPseG-3i3mq6tZQA7VirpqVodqfr46Q0DsQk87nvlSJqZOT5AzDxC9hqWuFygczZrs0Hv295HEZyxqKm5Iusa1oU_FRognRc

Yep! We're down to double digits!! It feels like it'll be here so soon!!

To prepare for my impending FP+ date, I've gone ahead and made an itinerary for each day we are there and a guess at what FP+ I want to get. Feel free to offer critique!

Thursday, October 22nd
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party- No FP+
  • Lunch @ Sassagoula Floatworks
  • Explore Port Orleans French Quarter grounds
  • Check in and get ready!
  • Bus to Magic Kingdom @ 4/4:30
  • Early dinner @ Gaston's Tavern
  • Get in line and meet the dwarfs
  • Haunted Mansion
  • it's a small world
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • 7 Dwarfs
  • Hallowishes
  • 2nd Boo to You
  • Trick or Treating

Friday, October 23rd
Hollywood Studios- Toy Story Midway Mania, Star Tours, Indiana Jones
  • Late night, Late arrival
  • Great Movie Ride
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
  • Lunch @ Fairfax Fair
  • Muppet Vision 3D
  • Star Tours
  • Indiana Jones
  • One Man's Dream
  • Dinner @ Sci Fi Dine-In Diner
  • Rock n' Roller Coaster
  • Fantasmic

Saturday, October 24th
Animal Kingdom- Kilimanjaro Safaris, Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur
  • Kilimanjaro Safaris
  • Pangani Forest Trail
  • Festival of the Lion King
  • It's Tough to be a Bug
  • Primeval Whirl
  • Triceratops Spin
  • Lunch @ Flame Tree BBQ
  • Dinosaur
  • Maharajah Jungle Trek
  • Wildlife Express/ Rafiki's Watch
  • Dinner @ Yak and Yeti

Sunday, October 25th
Free Day!
  • Boat to DTD
  • Lunch @ Earl of Sandwich
  • Window Shopping
  • Boat to POFQ
  • Bus to MK
  • Monorail to Contemporary
  • Monorail to Grand Floridian
  • Monorail to Polynesian
  • Drinks @ Trader Sams
  • Monorail to MK
  • Boat to Wilderness Lodge
  • Dinner @ Whispering Canyon
  • Cab to POFQ?

Monday, October 26th
Magic Kingdom- AM EMH, Epcot- Test Track, Mission:Space, Spaceship Earth
  • Dumbo
  • Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • Regal Carrousel
  • Philharmagic
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Monorail to Epcot
  • Test Track
  • Mission: Space Orange
  • Journey into Imagination
  • Soarin'
  • The Seas with Nemo
  • Spaceship Earth

Tuesday, October 27th
Magic Kingdom-Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Thunder Mountain
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Splash Mountain
  • Tom Sawyer Island
  • Lunch @ Sleepy Hollow
  • Hall of Presidents
  • Enchanted Tiki Room
  • Swiss Family Treehouse
  • Monster's Laugh floor
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
  • Carousel of Progress
  • Astro Orbiter
  • Space Mountain
  • Dinner @ Be Our Guest

Wednesday, October 28th
Magic Kingdom & Epcot
  • Playing it by ear
  • Filling in any rides we didn't get to on the list!

I also wanted to add a note- I don't intend to hit every single thing on this list! That would be one really crazy vacation!! I listed them so if we had time, we knew what would be next and not hanging around trying to figure out what to do (too many options in the World!!)

99 Days!

Hi! Thought I would jump aboard and follow along since October is my favorite time to go to WDW and actually, I was there the same week last year, 10/21 - 10/29. It was awesome.

Love your mouse keeping envelopes, so cute. I wish I had a printer so I could make cuter ones like that. :)

Last year was also the first time I got to see MNSSHP, and I loved it. I love Halloween, it's my favorite holiday! The day of MNSSHP we took it easy at the resort and then headed out for a late lunch at the GF Café and we got to MK and got in at 4pm. I made FP+ from 4-7pm. (You can make FP+ with your party ticket from 4-7 only.) We rode rides and took some photos, since we had Memory Maker. I had my red and white polka dot dress on and Minnie Mouse ears, so I wanted to get a few good photos. While the first parade was going on, we were right up at a fence in Fronteirland and watched the Headless Horseman ride through, but we didn't stay. We walked back through Adventure Land and rode the Jungle Cuise and then walked out past Crystal Palace onto Main Street and the tail end of the parade was coming through. We got snacks and we stayed on the curb on the left side as your looking at the castle in the hub and the parade comes down the right. I think after that, there was the villains show up at the castle, we were farther back for that, but I was wanting that spot for the fireworks. We had a good view, a little further back they say is the better viewing, but we wanted to head back up to Fronteirland after the fireworks to catch the second parade, which is usually less crowded. We sat on one of the porches and had an excellent view of the parade, which was awesome. After that I met Capt Jack without much of a wait and rode Pirates. We didn't do any trick or treating, the rides, parade and fireworks were our priority. Not sure how much reading you've done on MNSSHP, but these are great sources for info. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Look towards the bottom for MNSSHP magic shots:
http://capturingmagic.me/photopass-magic-shots

Other sites for tips:

http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/events/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-review-tips/

http://www.themouseforless.com/walt.../events/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/

https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/tips-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-with-kids/

Your daily plans on what you'd like to do look good to me.

Hi! Thought I would jump aboard and follow along since October is my favorite time to go to WDW and actually, I was there the same week last year, 10/21 - 10/29. It was awesome.

Love your mouse keeping envelopes, so cute. I wish I had a printer so I could make cuter ones like that. :)

Last year was also the first time I got to see MNSSHP, and I loved it. I love Halloween, it's my favorite holiday! The day of MNSSHP we took it easy at the resort and then headed out for a late lunch at the GF Café and we got to MK and got in at 4pm. I made FP+ from 4-7pm. (You can make FP+ with your party ticket from 4-7 only.) We rode rides and took some photos, since we had Memory Maker. I had my red and white polka dot dress on and Minnie Mouse ears, so I wanted to get a few good photos. While the first parade was going on, we were right up at a fence in Fronteirland and watched the Headless Horseman ride through, but we didn't stay. We walked back through Adventure Land and rode the Jungle Cuise and then walked out past Crystal Palace onto Main Street and the tail end of the parade was coming through. We got snacks and we stayed on the curb on the left side as your looking at the castle in the hub and the parade comes down the right. I think after that, there was the villains show up at the castle, we were farther back for that, but I was wanting that spot for the fireworks. We had a good view, a little further back they say is the better viewing, but we wanted to head back up to Fronteirland after the fireworks to catch the second parade, which is usually less crowded. We sat on one of the porches and had an excellent view of the parade, which was awesome. After that I met Capt Jack without much of a wait and rode Pirates. We didn't do any trick or treating, the rides, parade and fireworks were our priority. Not sure how much reading you've done on MNSSHP, but these are great sources for info. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Welcome to this mess! haha!

Awesome! How was the weather? I keep on hearing it'll still be warm in October, but warm is different things to different people.

Thanks! If I hadn't been lazy, I would have printed them at my local Staples. (Their printers create that "magazine" shine that looks great.) But I love seeing all types of mousekeeping envelopes, especially those decorated by kids!

Halloween is easily my favorite holiday too. I'm so excited about going to MNSSHP! It sounds like you had a really fun time, and timed everything perfectly. I didn't know you could make FP+ with your ticket before the party. I thought it was only reserved if you had park tickets. Do you have to make them when you're in the park, or can you do it before hand with the rest of them? Thank you for all the resources. I'll definitely have to read through all of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter