Adults going to MNSSHP; Are you going in costume? Share your pics here

horse11

DIS Veteran
Any adults going to MNSSHP and planning on dressing up? if so what do you plan on going as? Or if you have gone in the past please share your pics here.

No photos yet, but I got a rather elaborate ballerina style (HUGE sticking out tutu) outfit on ebay, and I made some big soft sculpture matte gold wings. I used the extra gold material to sew 'leaves' intersperced in the tutu, too.

(Say THAT three ties fast!) :rotfl2:

I also sewed a pocket in the back of the wings, and in it will be a fancy LED flashlight thingy with variable color settings. Attached to that (and will be tacked onto the wings and hang down) are up to 6 feet long long fiber optic filaments.

So basically a somewhat trippy looking fairy. The light effects are nothing short of amazing.

Others on our all-girl trip will be my sister as Cruella DeVille and our 88 year old Mom as a dalmation, a set of Alice in Wonderland folks, a 1920's gothic sort of maid (a la TOT), a bumble bee and a Malificent. pixiedust:

No photos yet, but I got a rather elaborate ballerina style (HUGE sticking out tutu) outfit on ebay, and I made some big soft sculpture matte gold wings. I used the extra gold material to sew 'leaves' intersperced in the tutu, too.

(Say THAT three ties fast!) :rotfl2:

I also sewed a pocket in the back of the wings, and in it will be a fancy LED flashlight thingy with variable color settings. Attached to that (and will be tacked onto the wings and hang down) are up to 6 feet long long fiber optic filaments.

So basically a somewhat trippy looking fairy. The light effects are nothing short of amazing.

Others on our all-girl trip will be my sister as Cruella DeVille and our 88 year old Mom as a dalmation, a set of Alice in Wonderland folks, a 1920's gothic sort of maid (a la TOT), a bumble bee and a Malificent. pixiedust:

You guys ROCK! I love people who dress up and get in the spirit of things!:thumbsup2 Our costumes are undecided, but we WILL be wearing some :hmghost::maleficen

I'm pretty proud of the dalmation costume, too - I bought some spotted dalmation fleece off the internet, and also some big red rick rack. My Mom whipped up a pair of long shorts and a vest, with red rick rack trim on the shorts hem. I made her a red 'collar' from an old cloth belt (shortened it and it attaches with velcro), sewed her a tote bag from extra fabric with the rest of the belt as the strap, and extra red rick rack makes a big "P" in front (for "Perdita"). I took and old headband and covering it with the dalmation fabric, made droopy ears. Last and best of all, I found red fire hydrant buttons for the front of the vest!

She'll be the cutest 88 year old there!

My sister hand made her own Cruella costume, and we saved her some dalmation fabric to make a fur stole for it. I really hope we can catch Cruella after one of the Villians shows and get their photo together.

We will be wearing costumes but not elaborate.....easy to pack and cool to wear. We have gotten overheated too many times in the past.
No pictures yet.....they aren't done.

wow can not wait to see pics when you guys get them. It will be my first MNNSSHP and I would like to dress up but will be going solo. Is there usually a lot of adults dressed up or just a few brave ones?

wow can not wait to see pics when you guys get them. It will be my first MNNSSHP and I would like to dress up but will be going solo. Is there usually a lot of adults dressed up or just a few brave ones?

The last few years we did the party (last year we went as jack and Sally) almost all of the adults were dressed!!! Going this year too, but not sure what we are wearing --- the kids are going as Anna and kristoff !

I would definitely dress up if I was going alone; I think you'll have way more fun. When are you going? You could tag along with us :dance3:

I usually attend the event at Disneyland in California and I'd guess 95% of the adults dress up! This year I'll be in Orlando for the party and will definitely wear a costume. Either Crayola Crayons or Raggedy Anns for my friend and I.

I will definitely be dressing up this year, as that's half the fun! I'm still deciding on a costume for this year, but last year I went as Gaston.
10710171145_166f0a129f.jpg

My sister and I went a few years ago. We both went as Minnie Mouse - I was the traditional red and white dotted Minnie and she was the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse pink and white dotted Minnie. I ordered my costume from Disneystore.com and hers came from Party City.

I've gone as a fairy princess (full ball gown, 6ft wings) and the Dread Pirate Roberts (black and black with a little more black, and one of the 'coins' from PotC). Both costumes ended up being too hot.

I'm just now gathering materials for this year. I'm going to be Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon 2. I have one set of wings that expand to 60 inches but collapse to 24. I'm working on the designs for a second set that will collapse smaller (because someone might want to see around me during the parade;)). I just got blue EL (light up) wire for the wings and back of the dress.

I've dressed up before, but that was usually in late Oct, when it's cooler. Last year I went in early Sept...it was not! Glad I hadn't brought a costume. Going to the first party this year....won't have a costume, but will have my Malificent 'ears', and probably purple and black tee shirt and shorts.

we're going mid Sept, so planning for hot. Costumes will be t-shirts/shorts based. (ok I'm adding a star spangled tutu over my capris). Lego Movie inspired, I'll be Wonder Woman, H will be Batman, and the kids will be 1980s Space Guy, Wild Style, and Emmett. Still working on costumes, so no pics yet.

Husband and I just got our costumes and tried them on and they fit, more or less. I can't believe I got him to agree to dress up! I really have to thank the fellow who dressed as Beetlejuice the last time we went to MNNSHP. This guy was SO convincing, and so much fun, that Husband decided to go along with me this time. So this is what we're wearing:
draft_lens11478031module160776561photo_1343841861--a-.jpg

It's a terrible picture, but it's the only one I could find with the costumes together. I'm considerably larger than the model, and we're closer in age to the actual ghosts than we are to the models...but still, I can't wait! :cool1:

Edited to add: We're going on October 2nd, so if anyone else is there that day, look for us! I'll be on a PINK ECV, so we should be easy to spot, LOL.

I've gone as a fairy princess (full ball gown, 6ft wings) and the Dread Pirate Roberts (black and black with a little more black, and one of the 'coins' from PotC). Both costumes ended up being too hot.

I'm just now gathering materials for this year. I'm going to be Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon 2. I have one set of wings that expand to 60 inches but collapse to 24. I'm working on the designs for a second set that will collapse smaller (because someone might want to see around me during the parade;)). I just got blue EL (light up) wire for the wings and back of the dress.

THIS IS AWESOME! We love toothless, my DD13 would LOVE that costume. however, I am not crafty AT ALL. :(

THIS IS AWESOME! We love toothless, my DD13 would LOVE that costume. however, I am not crafty AT ALL. :(

Thank you! I can't sew much so my costumes are all built together with common items. This one is a black maxi dress with added tail wings and then the dragon wings added to the back. If your DD doesn't want collapsing/expanding wings she could make simple fairy wings in black (and the right shape) -> http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Fairy-Wings Of course, I'm saying those are simple wings because I've made them 5 times while I'm only on my second try with the expandable wings. :P

Point is: it doesn't matter if you're crafty, at 13 she's plenty old enough to start making stuff herself. :)

I would definitely dress up if I was going alone; I think you'll have way more fun. When are you going? You could tag along with us :dance3:

Looks like Friday October 10th will be the magical date for me. I can easily fit it in then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter