• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adults only?

I've been on one Disney cruise and it was just my boyfriend and I. We had a blast. It was over Christmas and there were a lot of kids on board, but we hardly ever saw any. The monitor the adult only areas pretty well on the ship. The pool area and night time areas are a lot of fun for adult only.

I have only gone on adult only Disney cruises and love them. It's really fun with adult children!

After our son went to college; wife and I have taken several cruises without him. But we have taken one DCL cruise, Christmas 2016 with him and we had a great time. Instead of character meet and greet with him we did; Mixology classes, beer tastings, among other classes in the bars :D and sitting in the different lounges talking about past cruises when he was a little punk.
We really did have a "really fun" time!!! In fact we are taking our second cruise with him along with another couple with their adult daughter on the Norwegian Fjord and Iceland cruise.

My wife and I have traveled on DCL as Adults in our 30s with no kids. We found plenty to do, or not do. We've done classes and tastings, spa treatments, and excursions. We were seated at a table with 2 other couples all the same age and had a great time. I hope if you want to try a Disney Cruise you don't let the demographics be the reason you wouldn't go!

My parents (late 60s) came along on our most recent sailing. It was their second Disney cruise. My dad declared before we got on the ship that this would be it for him. Fast forward a couple days and we're eating brunch in Palo. My mom asked him if he would consider DCL without kids and he responded with a very eager "absolutely." We all agreed it was a great vacation with lots of things for the family to do together and plenty to do apart.

My husband and I just sailed for our honeymoon in September and not once did we have an issue finding things to do. We spent our free time in the adult-only pools and jacuzzis, watched all of the theater and game shows, visited the bars, and sometimes just wandered the ship. For being a family cruise, interestingly enough we never felt overrun by children.

Having done both Disney World and Disney Cruise before and after children, I can say that I've enjoyed both with and without kids, and without kids, things are simpler.

My cousin and I did a girls trip on the Wonder to celebrate our 50th. We had a great time. The live shows, all MDR's, Palo for dinner, adult clubs, Serenity Bay on CC and the adult pool area made for an amazing adult vacation.

We did a DCL cruise with 4 adults, 2 rooms. It was a one and done for us. We have cruised many, many times on other cruise lines, mostly Princess, Celebrity or HAL. We wanted to try DCL because of all the rave reviews about it. We are Disney fans and go to WDW multiple times a year. However, we were very disappointed in the DCL cruise. We found it mostly comparable to Royal Caribbean for reference. The food was terrible and the dining rooms are extremely loud and very cramped. I have never been on a cruise where the tables are shoved so close together. That being said, it was a beautiful ship (Fantasy) and probably the best taken care of ship I have ever been on. But, we will be sticking with WDW vacations and cruising on other cruise lines from now on. Glad I did it so now I don't have to wonder anymore.

We did 2 cruises while kids were growing up, and 2 (and one more coming up in December) without the kids as the are grown and gone! We enjoy the adults only areas, quality of entertainment, and family-friendly vibe and great design and theming of the ships. As a musician, I appreciate quality entertainment. Wecruised Princess in Alaska, and the entertainment quality didn’t touch Disney. We found a new favorite wine through Palo, and are going to try Remy in December. We had a fun adults-only dining room table on one of our prior cruises, as well as a table for just 2. We really enjoy cruising as adults only with Disney!

W Wecruised Princess in Alaska, and the entertainment quality didn’t touch Disney. !

We did Crown Princess in Alaska. Fantastic cruise, but the theatre shows were laughable. They felt like high school productions. The live trio in the atrium played nothing but Romani music. I got tired of it and longed for something a bit more varied, but Romani it was. All. The. Time.

Well--first realize that 95% of the ship is given over to families and kids.

Then realize that you WILL see out of control kids in restaurants, at the shows, at Bingo, etc.

That said, you can find shelter in the adult only areas of the ship, or at Palo and Remy restaurants.

The adult pool is quite tiny and can get overcrowded in the space of a few minutes. The area on Deck 13 is pretty open and quiet.

Disney does a pretty good job at keeping wayward kids out of the adult areas, but there are always kids ignoring the signs and trying to use the adult hot tubs and even the pool.

All of the above based on 5 prior Adult cruises on the Fantasy.

We have done 8 DCLs, 6 of them just DW & I.
On our first DCL, we were told there were over 1,000 children <16 on the ship and we would never have guested that.
Stay in the adult areas, have 2nd seating for dinner, go to Palo &/or Reny's from a special dinner/brunch and you can be as far from the kids as you want to be.

I think that you will love it. A couple of our cruises were without our daughter and we had a great time. There are itineraries and I am guessing time periods that will tend to have less kids. I know our Hawaii cruise was very light on kids, not sure if the Panama Canal and Transatlantic trips would be the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter