Advance selections

ACJT

DIS Veteran
I’ve completed the video registration process. I was able to make most of my advanced selections But because our stay is lengthy they told me to come back to do the last few days later. I assume I go in through the same chat? As that’s what I’ve done and I’m not getting any response. Is the wait time for pre-selecting rides just as lengthy as a video call?

I’ve completed the video registration process. I was able to make most of my advanced selections But because our stay is lengthy they told me to come back to do the last few days later. I assume I go in through the same chat? As that’s what I’ve done and I’m not getting any response. Is the wait time for pre-selecting rides just as lengthy as a video call?

I should add that there was a link pop up in the chat for specifically making ride selections. After clicking on it I was redirected right back to the same Chad screen

This is the link for Advanced Reservations if you already have a DAS:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/disability-access-service/plan/

Based on others' reports, it should be a much shorter wait than for the DAS Registration. I haven't done it yet myself. I did go to the page in the above link and saw "We are currently experiencing extended wait times and encourage you to check back later." So I'd expect a bit of a wait, or maybe try again another time when that message isn't showing. Good luck!

I should add that there was a link pop up in the chat for specifically making ride selections. After clicking on it I was redirected right back to the same Chad screen
It happens in the same chat screen. It’s a continuation of your same text chat, but with a different CM.
I did not come back to do the DAS Advance Selections the 2 times I registered our last daughter because our park days were all within the 30 days. My wait to be transferred from the DAS CM to the Advance Selections CM was less than 5 minutes each time. That’s pretty much what I’ve seen others post

One poster said when they clicked the link in the chat for DAS Advance Selections, they had waited a while. Then they typed a message into the chat saying they already had DAS and needed to make DAS Advance Selections and a CM came into the chat right away. She didn’t know if it was coincidence or not, but worth a try.

I recently went back to the chat to change some of my advanced selection for Disneyland. It was the same chat window, but at one point nothing seemed to be happening and me typing something in the chat seemed to get things going. I was able to choose that I was doing Advanced Selections and then after a short wait (maybe 20 minutes) a CM joined and we did the changes via text chat. No video call for this part.

So I was connected and somehow the referral link didn't work as I was actually connected to a CM for a live chat. She transferred me to the correct chat.

However, the CM in the pre selection chat refused to let me make any further reservations. She said that prior CM's were not supposed to let me book out as far as I did??

We are staying June 17-July 1. On May 18 I did my video call and initial DAS pre-selections. I was allowed to book out as far as June 28th, and told to chat back in the following day (May 19) for June 29th booking. Which I did successfully. Today (May 20) I chatted back in to book June 30th reservations. The CM today would not allow it.

So there is discrepancies from one CM to another it seems?

So I was connected and somehow the referral link didn't work as I was actually connected to a CM for a live chat. She transferred me to the correct chat.

However, the CM in the pre selection chat refused to let me make any further reservations. She said that prior CM's were not supposed to let me book out as far as I did??

We are staying June 17-July 1. On May 18 I did my video call and initial DAS pre-selections. I was allowed to book out as far as June 28th, and told to chat back in the following day (May 19) for June 29th booking. Which I did successfully. Today (May 20) I chatted back in to book June 30th reservations. The CM today would not allow it.

So there is discrepancies from one CM to another it seems?
Yes. The only thing guests calling in can be guaranteed is what the website says, which is:
Please note that all park visits must be within 30 to 2 days of the live chat.

The DAS information on the WDW website has consistently had that information from the beginning.

Some CMs are sticking strictly to that, which would have meant that when you first called in on May 18, you would not have been able to book DAS Return Times past your first park day (June17). Other CMs are not sticking to it and are going further out. Your July 1 park day is 42 days out from today.
There doesn’t seem to be a consistent reason for CMs going further out or not. Some guests were told the CM could go out further because they had a WDW Resort stay, others with a resort stay were told it didn’t matter and others who were staying off-site were allowed to book out further.

There may be some actual software limits that don’t allow going out more than into the second month after the current date (like, it can into June, but not into July). I don’t know the reason.

The last CM I chatted with asked if our resort stay was "continuous", which it isn't as we switch from DVC to cash while staying in the same room type. Which may be why she wasn't willing to go beyond a certain date??

I certainly am not complaining as I love the fact WDW has gone to this pre-registration method. It will guarantee to save us a meltdown upon arriving at the parks first day back in two years and being able to go straight to the fun and not being stuck in a long guest services line.

The CM on our video call saw that we are a family of seven and offered an exception to the limit of six, which I wasn't expecting and wasn't even going to ask for.

So even though there are variances in what each CM is wiling to do I am thrilled at being able to set up a DAS in the privacy of my own home. The 2 rides / day pre-selections are an awesome added bonus!

The last CM I chatted with asked if our resort stay was "continuous", which it isn't as we switch from DVC to cash while staying in the same room type. Which may be why she wasn't willing to go beyond a certain date??
That could be the ‘criteria’ that particular CM was uding, but it’s not consistent with what CMs have told other guests, i.e. That even though the guests were staying at a WDW resort for a single stay, the CM could only make DAS Advance Selections for the park days that were within 30 days of the DAS registration call.

I certainly am not complaining as I love the fact WDW has gone to this pre-registration method. It will guarantee to save us a meltdown upon arriving at the parks first day back in two years and being able to go straight to the fun and not being stuck in a long guest services line.

The CM on our video call saw that we are a family of seven and offered an exception to the limit of six, which I wasn't expecting and wasn't even going to ask for.

So even though there are variances in what each CM is wiling to do I am thrilled at being able to set up a DAS in the privacy of my own home. The 2 rides / day pre-selections are an awesome added bonus!
There really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I did the chat 30 days out from our first park day. We have 9 park days over 10 days and we're allowed to book for the whole trip at that time. We have a triple split stay, 2 legs cash, one DVC. I knew there was a decent possibility we wouldn't be able to book all the days going in, so was pleasantly surprised when it happened. Like you, was just happy to be able to get it done ahead of time at home. Great that they offered you that exception!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter