Advanced Booking On New DCL Ships?

goofy47

Frank
Just curious to know when Disney Cruise Line would start to take advance reservations for the first of the three new ships, due to be completed in 2021. Does anyone remember how far in advance they were excepting reservations for the first ships of the fleet....

I would imagine they will be in the same booking block when the rest for that time are being booked. Currently DCL only has itineraries out through April/early May 2020.

How does it work with booking on board in addition to new ships? Let’s pretend new ships start sailing in January 2021 (we have a cruise in 9 days-perfect world situation is we book a placeholder and can then sail on the newest ship)? Do we just try to get first day pricing when they are announced?

How does it work with booking on board in addition to new ships? Let’s pretend new ships start sailing in January 2021 (we have a cruise in 9 days-perfect world situation is we book a placeholder and can then sail on the newest ship)? Do we just try to get first day pricing when they are announced?

First new ship won’t be done until the later part of the year. You can only get first day pricing if you are platinum.

I wouldn’t be surprised if at least the first public sailing on each ship is blacked out to OBB. But yes, if you want to sail on a new ship you can book a placeholder and hope for the best. The placeholder must be used (embarked) with 24 months, so it may also depend when the 1st sailing occurs.

Enjoy your cruise!

First new ship won’t be done until the later part of the year. You can only get first day pricing if you are platinum.

My perfect world is crumbling!

I wouldn’t be surprised if at least the first public sailing on each ship is blacked out to OBB. But yes, if you want to sail on a new ship you can book a placeholder and hope for the best. The placeholder must be used (embarked) with 24 months, so it may also depend when the 1st sailing occurs.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, this is what I was thinking. I don’t need to be the first to sail. Opening day prices combined with on board booking credits sound lovely to me. Hopefully by the time we sail on the placeholder cruise, we will be able to see itineraries for the newer ships.

Yeah, I imagine basically only Platinum people and high-level travel bloggers will get anywhere near those first sailings!

Yeah, I imagine basically only Platinum people and high-level travel bloggers will get anywhere near those first sailings!

I was on the MV of both the Magic and the Dream. For the Magic we had to book about 18 months or so in advance and the sailing was delayed two times. Supposed to sail in March of 1998 but didn't wind up sailing until July 30, 1998. They pulled a lottery for the MV of the Magic. We were lucky. There was another cruise before the official MV of the Magic that hosted all the VIP's and travel agents and press....they had p big to do with a ceremony at the port (you can see a pic of this on Deck 4 in atrium of the Magic by DLounge. For the actual paying passengers nothing was even mentioned as it being the official MV.

For the Dream I just put in word with my travel agent that I wanted to sail the MV of the Dream and they booked us on opening day. I am Platinum but there were non Platinums on the MV of the Dream as well. There were a few shake down cruises before the official MV of the Dream as well. We were lucky enough to be on one of the pre MV cruises which was a charity cruise for the Boys and Girls Club.

MJ

There were a few shake down cruises before the official MV of the Dream as well. We were lucky enough to be on one of the pre MV cruises which was a charity cruise for the Boys and Girls Club.

MJ

That 2 day cruise was torture :3dglasses Enjoying the new ship but having luggage tags on the bed after the first day

That 2 day cruise was torture :3dglasses Enjoying the new ship but having luggage tags on the bed after the first day

It was torture only having 2 days onboard (and it didn't count toward CC status). I knew I wanted more than the 4 day MV to experience the new ship so we booked B2B with the next cruise as well. So we did the 2 day Boys and Girls on 1/21/11, then went to WDW for 3 days and then went back to port on 1/26/11 for the 4 day MV of the Dream and then the 4 day cruise after. When the Magic was in the NYC for the first time in 2012 I did a 2 night cruise with 8 of my friends and it was so hard to show them everything I love about DCL in 2 days...especially when the service in the dining room was terrible. It was like they knew they only had us for 2 nights so why bother. It was the only time we had sub par service in the dining room in all my cruises.

Can't wait for the new ships!!

Dream champagne.jpg Dream champagne2.jpg

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter